Older Guys & Steroids

I was told that starting steroids at an older age (say 40+) is not a good thing.
Reason being that as we age our chances of developing disease and sickness also rise, as various forms of cancer, heart trouble, kidney, liver trouble typically manifest in older people. So steroids tend to excellerate the production of cancer cells and other illnesses of old age.

Make sense? anyone else hear this?
thanks

[quote]Bummi wrote:
I was told that starting steroids at an older age (say 40+) is not a good thing.
Reason being that as we age our chances of developing disease and sickness also rise, as various forms of cancer, heart trouble, kidney, liver trouble typically manifest in older people. So steroids tend to excellerate the production of cancer cells and other illnesses of old age.

Make sense? anyone else hear this?
thanks[/quote]

I heard quite the opposite.

https://www.T-Nation.com/article/atomic_dog/medicinal_steroids

You’ve been fed a line of crap. Why don’t you do a little reading instead of believing poor scientific conjecture.

I’m over 40…and aside from my pancreas giving out, my liver failing, my kidneys needing transplants and this damned colostomy bag…I feel great!

I disagree.Most men over 40 can benefit from TRT. Increases insulin resistance,prevents prostate problems from estrogen dominance,shuts down andropause,increases mental function,sex drive,and sense of well being. Testosterone is the fountain of youth!