Older Guys Starting TRT and their Wives

I was explaining things to a 51YO guy [in real life] about TRT basics and benefits. Then I explained that his libido could be very high for a while and asked how old his wife was? He explained around the same age and fully menopausal. I explained that this could become a real problem and I don’t think that he grasped the implications.

In my case, my wife is 19 years younger. So I have not had any problems.

I can see how a marriage could become very stressed when a guy cannot get his sexual needs satisfied or stressed when the act creates resentment.

[quote]KSman wrote:
I was explaining things to a 51YO guy [in real life] about TRT basics and benefits. Then I explained that his libido could be very high for a while and asked how old his wife was? He explained around the same age and fully menopausal. I explained that this could become a real problem and I don’t think that he grasped the implications.

In my case, my wife is 19 years younger. So I have not had any problems.

I can see how a marriage could become very stressed when a guy cannot get his sexual needs satisfied or stressed when the act creates resentment.[/quote]

19 Years Younger! You ol’ dog you! Props to KSman!

No doubt though, This can and has ended marriages.

Not a problem. I’m 72. Wife is 70. Before TRT we had sex one to 2 times/week. Same now. Only difference is that I enjoy it more now. Wife likes frequency. If we go longer than a week without sex, wife gets annoyed.

This issue is not exclusive to the older guys. Unless 37 is older.

I fully support hormone replacement for women. I’ve heard from women that have had amazing results. If she’s willing, they could both benefit.