Old topic /close

/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close/close old topic

What does your diet look like? 2300 cals is not very much for a 200 lb individual.

Also, your training program is terrible. Do some reading in this thread and use one of those programs. Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

“given to me by my gym’s most fittest guy)”

Must be a troll… If not:
What has your progress in the past 3 months been?

Where the hell are the deadlifts and overhead presses? Also, no offence, but if that’s what your gym’s ‘fittest guy’ recommends you mght need to check out a different gym and even more importantly get some idea of what good standards are for a guy your height and weight (BTW very similar to my height and weight). Get the strength and the physique will follow if you eat right. for eating, just be sensible, you don’t need anything fancy. Whole grains, complex carbs, lots of protein and some fat and keep the quanitities big. Work hard in the gym and rest enough and your body will use the food for muscle.

You’d probably be best of hitting Starting Strength or 5/3/1 TBH.

The absolute #1 impediment to my training has been it being “on and off”. You need to be “on”.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
The absolute #1 impediment to my training has been it being “on and off”. You need to be “on”.[/quote]
Sage advice

@tsantos not really seeing much progress maybe like 10 pounds extra next week and then next week it would be too heavy…and I’m not a troll. Everytime I post on a bodybuilding site people call me that, xD. I just have 0 knowledge of fitness.
@Ripsaw It’s bad? I eat home made chicken patty sandwiches, carrots, fruit cups, lots of chocolate milk, lots of fried meats, etc. I don’t really keep a food journey-- I apologize
@mark Haha it’s my school gym and thanks I will. Which one is better for my goal physique?
@goochadamg I agree. I just gotta put the time and effort into things after getting a smart program and stop complaining. Take action. Thank you.

~
Thank you everyone for the advice and comments

Step 1:
Look up greyskull linear progression, do it

Step 2:
Buy a slow cooker, a big one, 6 big tupperware containers

Step 3:
Each Sunday buy:
2.5 kg of chicken thighs
2 onions
3 carrots
3 zucchini
2 bell peppers
Stock cubes
Frozen spinach
Mushrooms
2 tins of tomato, some corn
Mexican seasoning
2kg bag of potato

Step 4:
Throw 1tbsp of seasoning over the chicken, mix.
Fry the chicken thighs for a minute each side (need to do batches)
Throw them in the slow cooker
Roughly chop all the veggies (except potato), throw them in - you may want to fry the onion
Drain tomato, throw it in
Add a stock cube and half the spinach
Throw any other veggies,spices or sauces you like (I add soy and Worcester sauce)
Add the seasoning (to taste)

Let it do its thing for 8 hours.

An hour before the end, throw the potato in the oven.

When done cut up and toss into 4 tupperware containers

Take the chicken, evenly toss it into all 6 containers.

This will take you 30 minutes (excluding cooking ) when you’ve got some practice at it

Step 5:
Eat this every lunch, have potato on workout days - you have 1 free lunch day.
Only miss workouts if it’s an emergency
Cut out chocolate, candy, soft drink, chips, etc

That should put you in a good spot after 3 months. Report back for the next step.

Thank you for your advice! I am a terrible cook so I guess I’ll just have to learn…do u have price range?

Mate, any gym with a power rack, standard barbells, plates, a pull-up bar and a bench and that lets you deadlift and use chalk is fine. The main element is you, so take time to learn about training and programming. It’ll be the best investment you make after putting in consistent time and effort at the gym.

If you can find a gym where some really strong people train, so much the better.

[quote]legendhasit wrote:
Thank you for your advice! I am a terrible cook so I guess I’ll just have to learn…do u have price range?[/quote]

That recipe is for terrible cooks. You just throw shit in a big pot.

Price depends on where you live, I get 6 lunches for about 30 bucks, that’s cheap where I live.

You can get cheaper cuts of meat if you want and cheaper vegetables (green beans are great)

Rice, beans, pasta, etc might be cheaper than potato.

You can add some cheese, avo and/or sour cream on your non workout days BTW.

Write down everything you eat(and the amount) for a week. Investing in a food scale would also be very beneficial.

Aside from that, tsantos has great advice in his post.

I think the biggest problem with your current training program is that you’re not doing very much total work. You need to add more reps and sets. Any of the programs already mentioned here will do that for you. 1 set of 6 reps is not sufficient to stimulate growth, with any exercise.

Also, do you think the guy with your goal physique ate fried meats, fruit cups, and chocolate milk to get to that physique?

[quote]tsantos wrote:
“given to me by my gym’s most fittest guy)”

Must be a troll… If not:
What has your progress in the past 3 months been? [/quote]

You have to realise that being the gyms “fittest guy”, is not necessarily setting the bar high. I’ve been the fittest guy in a gym because I could chest press 30kg db’s and row a sub 2min 500m’s.

[quote]TrainForPain wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
The absolute #1 impediment to my training has been it being “on and off”. You need to be “on”.[/quote]
Sage advice[/quote]

Absolutely, check out this recent thread to reinforce this:

@tsantos what are the macros of that lunch plan
@Others thanks! And idk what the guy ate to get that physique and whatever I think wouldn’t be correct so idk