Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

@isdatnutty in another thread you asked about my oldest wrestling here is a video from his SR year

2 Likes

Beast man! He definitely looks stronger than all those guys he wrestled in the video.

1 Like

Which bit him in the ass … most of the local guys couldn’t hang. Which in turn did not prepare him or improve his skill set during when tournament time rolled around.

Trap Bar Deads:some reps and sets and some weight
Meadow rows: 30/3 @ SW …first time doing these gotta say they are going into the rotation
Seated GMs: 3 x 10 X Bar first time doing these ever. Have not decided on these and their value.
Standing Band crunches: 5 x 10

Good to see you still putting the work in. How’s the pup going ?

The pup is getting bigger and stronger…But not enough to challenge me for Alpha Dog status at home yet

1 Like

Light Bench: 2 x 8 @ 275
Standing OHP: 20/3 @ 190 TR 19 …left wrist was bothering me for some reason
Neutral Grip Pull ups: Reps x Sets
Left wrist and a flexor started to bother me so decided to skip the direct bicep work as a precaution.

Fat Bulldog

SON OF A BITCH……Just seen a resent pick of myself at a restaurant with a group of people. I Looked like BLOATED pig!! Been lazy with my eating for the past month and over doing it with my carb intake!! Time to cut back AGAIN!! Basically just taking in carbs on training days around near the time I lift to be more precise.

Also… will try the tweak in my squatting form as I mentioned earlier in the week on Monday. Been practicing and the cues are going to take some time …probably going to have too eat shit for awhile and put ego to the side.

1 Like

Squats: 6 x 5 @ 240 … well kept it light and worked on the cues since I am adopting the style of Max Aita.

Belt squats: 3 x 10 @ SW …didnt go heavy or hard on these. Didnt feel quads activating until last set. went way too light

Seated hamstring Band curls: 50 total reps

OK on a effort scale of 1 to 5 this session was maybe 1.5 Playing with the idea of plugging in a second easy squat day .

Quads are actually fatigued this morning…didn’t expect that.

How did you like Max- style squatting. He looks pretty smooth when he does it.

How did you rig up the belt squat? I can never find a set-up that I want to mess with a second time.

Well …it honestly felt damn good for me at least. To begin with my body structure with the relatively longer torso and short femur length an upright squat style is suited for it.

20120402180410(2)

To give you an idea regarding my femur length I can push my knees forwards and go deep in the hole and they will not go past my actual toes. The only issue is deprogramming the cues I have been using since I mainly been focusing squatting with my hips exclusively with minimal quad involvement for a very long. I will say that today I’m defiantly feeling them today …. Things got worked that haven’t been asked too in a while I’m guessing.

Belt squat was a simple… I have had a Hip Belt squat from IronMind for years and never tally used it. I just simply stood on two blocks and just strapped a plate between my legs and held onto the squat rack to maintain upright position.

Squat belt

I will probably complicate the set up more once I start going heavier on these.

That’s a pretty meaty thigh for Minimal Quad Involvement! If they grow much you’ll need new dungarees!

I’m waiting for my gym to get a fancy belt squat machine, but I don’t think it’s coming any time soon. Maybe they would spring for a cool belt. In the meantime, I’m thinking about using the SSB with my hands off the bar and on the Rack to stay vertical.

Bro do you even quad?!?!?

Lookin like one of them sled pulling bulldoggies.

2 Likes

Not really… besides I wear whats known as a carpenter cut Jean or dungaree if you prefer.

hmmm…personally id suggest sticking with a belt type set up myself. But that is just me.

Actually… by themselves the look big .BUT my upper body is out of proportion at the moment to them that its dwarfs my quads. :frowning:

Squat again on whim today… sets of five between 150- 300 lbs working up and back down to 150 lbs focusing on cues and feel and squat stance. I am guessing I put in 15 to 20 sets in. Will say I was defiantly noticing a big difference in my power out put and speed out of the hole.

weight lifting shoes

I squatted in the above shoes pictured above… I had bought them didn’t care for them at the time and passed them on to the PUP. Going to get them back from him and give him a pair of my chucks since they are more suited to his squat style he is using in the first place.

1 Like

bulldog monday

First things first…. Sticking with the new squat style. SORRY Rip Fans. Like a guy I know told me today whom is a coach and does a Pod Cast regarding my body structure
Your built to be like a piston not an accordion

With that said…
Heavy Bench Day:
Did two things which helped improved the session.

1. Did a butt load of light pulldowns and pull aparts to get the posterior chain warmed up.
  2. Lowered the J hooks down one notch so the I didn’t have to extend so much and loose tightness in my set up

Bench: worked up to 395 x 1 ehh got out of the groove coming up not as smooth as I liked speed was slow
5 x 3 x 355
Incline: ( swiss bar) 30/3 x 225 TR (28)
Lying Tri extensions: 25/3 x 125 TR (18) triceps were fried at this point
Face Pulls: 5 x 10 @ SW

3 Likes

Trap Bar …blah blah. and some other stuff.

Sounds like a good session, I love a bit of blah blah

1 Like