Decided to lift today…

Light Bench day

Neutral Grip Pull ups: TESTED … improvement

Bench: ( buffalo bar) 8 x 3 @ 245
Strict Standing OHP: 20/3 @ 185 TR 26 …first set blew up a easy 12 reps
EZ bar curls: 25/3 @ SW TR 23
Alt DB curls: 20/2 @ SW TR 21

1 Like

Squat: 5x8@ 310 ….UH OH only did 3 sets felt a familiar twinge on the start of the 4th set in the area where the glutes and hamstrings tie in.

GM’s: 3x8 @ SW …probably not smart doing these but I wasn’t noticing any pain.
Step ups: 2 x 10@SW only did two was getting negative feed back from the irritated area.
Band abductions : 5 x 20
Barbell roll outs: 3 x 10 @ SW
Ok… this was all on me should have waited and extra day and done some more stuff to get my old carcass ready to squat. Before hand I could tell thing were tight and felt gummed up…luckily I didn’t do any real damage.

What does this mean?

Also awesome music taste! You would prob love ACDC. Mad aussie rock band :smile:

Last Summer I had tweaked my right Hip area, Let it go for awhile until it took me down. Finally, went and had a MRI done and found out I had no structural damage just allot of inflammation . So. ever since from time to time the area just gets a little pissy . .

Who are they?:smiling_imp:
Oh hell I have found memories of the 90 Razors Edge tour… Ears where ringing for a week after from being too close to the cannons when they preformed “For those about to rock” to being proposition by a group of three girls whom wanted to have a private party. (at the time I was in a relationship so I turned them down …BUT DAMN I bet it would have been interesting)

1 Like

Damn that sucks mate. Although I guess it comes with the territory of having big lifts.

Other good songs are thunderstruck, TNT, dirty deeds… The list goes on. If you like old school heavy ish rock with awesome guitar rifts, than you will like these guys.

You’re a better man than I :yum:

Having big lifts is actually relative… honestly it becoming a pain in the ass ( pun intended) it a by product of my age or the general mileage I have put on myself.

LOL…I was being sarcastic when I said who are they… I cut my teeth on listening to AC/DC :grin:

Well at the time being in a relationship and being terrified of contracting AIDs at the time kind of helped keep me in line.

Oh 90 Razor Edge Tour was ACDC :laughing: how embarrassing! Haha keep up the good work!

1 Like

@Irishman92 a metal version Irish folk song in your honor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was thinking about this today… I am a complete Mutt . My family bloodline is a mix of German…Irish …English… and some Native American mixed in for good messure.

2 Likes

Yes! Metallica + Irish folk + slutty house party = BIG WIN!

I love the Rumjacks as a good Irish rock band. “Irish pub song” is a ripper!

1 Like

Ok thanks…learn something new everyday :slight_smile:
Also in your honor as I type this i am drinking a extra stout Guinness :wink:

1 Like

Bench: worked up to 385 x 1 :rage: will explain below
5 x 3 @ 345… drugged these out today , let my rest period drag out longer than normal

Incline Bench: ( swiss bar) 30/3 @ 225 TR 26 was pretty fatigued from the Benching before hand
Lying Tri extensions: 25/3 @ 120 TR 26 I widen out my grip on the EZ curl bar after watching a video of Doug Young. It felt more natural to me.

Face pulls: 5 x 10 @ SW

:rage::rage: OK,.im going to go probably a little Bro Science here… But I believe im dealing with one of the possible cons of spending too much time training Submax all the time anymore. I will admit doing so does build strength but I will use the term potential strength in my case. Even though by all indications based on my ability to rep a certain amount of weight the 385 should have been easy as hell. I pressed it ok , but I sure as hell didnt own it .

IMO the SAID Principle has raised its ugly head and given me one of these…:middle_finger:
The stark reality is I have lost the specific muscle coordination to handle big weight along with the Psychological aspect.

3 Likes

MY other musical taste when I am chilled out…

1 Like

Curls man! You need more curls :wink:

Or just a bigger pair of balls on my end.:anguished:

1 Like

Just in case this isn’t a nation wide ad…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks…yeah I seen it for the first time two weeks ago. Got a kick out of it.

Regarding my squat form … i am looking into this

For the record… Since this approach is very quad dominate as described. The hope is giving my hip a slight reprieve.

3 Likes

Regarding my youngest son… FUUUUUUUCK

1 Like