Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

7 minutes treadmill
shoulder mobility drills

Squat: 4 x 2 x 340
340 x 10… could have done more .

SSbar Front Squats : 3 x 3 @ SW
Seated Band curls: 50 /3 TR 44… used enough band resistance and made my hammies cry
BB calve raises: 5 x 10 @ SW
Planks: 3 sets to failure

Well the hip is feeling great…only issue with squats has been regaining the shoulder mobility since getting under a regular bar has become difficult Since I spent too much time using a Buffalo Bar

1 Like

Finales started today for Dakota…

Smashed his first Final in his Strength and Conditioning class, 100% BABY!!!
Finale grade for the class… 100.7 % :raised_hands:

After his first year he is still looking at becoming a Orthopedic physician assistant,

3 Likes

Way to go Bullpup!

1 Like

Don’t you really mean Dakota was teaching a strength and conditioning class?

1 Like

You can’t get much of a higher grade than that.

1 Like

lol not yet

No you cant… He reported in he got 100% on his nutrition finale . He told me he ended up with a 98.5% in the class I called him a slacker and that he had brought shame to the family.:laughing:

1 Like

Bench: 325 x 9 EEEH left a rep in the tank . For some reason everything felt heavy today.

Incline Bench: (swiss bar) 30/3@205 Total reps (37)

Lying Triceps extensions : ( ez bar) 30/3 @ 90 TR (32) …got lazy could have done more reps
Band Pull aparts: doggie style 5 x 30 done between warm up sets on Bench

Well Dakota home for the summer…finished up today. This Saturday is Relay for Life for the American Cancer Association which we have been doing for years since my wife is a survivor. The main theme is Hollywood this year and the boys will be working one of the booth dressed as movie Super Heroes. Dakota tried on his outfit this evening…

LOOK UP IN THE SKY… ITs A BIRD ITS A PLANE …NO ITS SUPERMAN…or is it super dork?
Needs to shave and possibly darken his hair for Saturday

1 Like

He’ll spice up the relay in that thing. Women are probably going to chase him.

Your wife is very fortunate to be a cancer survivor. Always glad to read about another survivor. Mine wasn’t, her brother just died from 10 year battle with the stuff, and a good friend’s wife is presently having an $850,000 bone marrow transplant in Houston with a proven 35% chance of success.

Truly sorry hearing about your wife.

Thanks. Even in a great second marriage, the first one is always the best one.

1 Like

Deadlift: 5 x 1 @ 90% only did 4 because I got the stupid idea of pulling from the floor on a whim. OH sweet mother of god my glutes started to cram for some reason.

Pendlay rows: 20/3 @ SW Total reps: 26

Kettle Swings : 3 x 15 @ SW
Shrugs: worked up to a tops set of 5
Standing band crunches: 5 x 10

Didn’t know bulldog was an Irish name.

lol… nope, but my mothers maiden name is.

To Hell with doing shrugs…getting serious and going to start doing Farmer walks again . Figured 2 -3 sets for 50-100 feet will do the job for strength improvement.

1 Like

Farmer’s walk are the s*#t. That’s how you build strength.

1 Like

:+1: ironically I’ve gotten weaker since I stopped doing them on a regular bases.

1 Like

I"ve found heavy rows to be far better than shrugs; also good for black pullover shirts.

1 Like

Speed Bench: 8x3@225 plus 80lbs of chains …speed was better this week.

Swiss Bar Standing OHP: 3x5 @ 150… 8 reps last set . More weight on the bar next week

Neutral grip pull ups: some reps
Bulldozer Laterals : 2 x 15 @ SW
EZ bar curls: 25/3 @ SW TR 24
Alternate Db Curls: 20/2 TR 20… Dropped the Total rep goal down to 20. Pretty much fried after the regular curls.

Ok before @ChickenLittle becomes a smart ass about all the curls as of late :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I decided to post a pic Dakota took screwing around after I was done. Welcome to the gun show… :smiley: LOL

NEVER SAID I WAS PRETTY!!!

4 Likes