Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Only girl I need to impress is the wife…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Body is telling me to Deload. Figure I better listen. Since my program is stretched out I figure I would take my two next sessions as deloads which will give me almost 7 days of lower work volume and intensity.

You’ll be fine. Deload, and get back at it.

1 Like

DELOAD:scream:
7 minute walk on treadmill to warm stuff up
Shoulder mobility stuff

Squat : 5 x 3 @ 50%
SSBAR Front squats: 3 x 3 @ 50%

Barbell calve raises: 3 x 10 @ SW
Seated Band Hamstring curls: 2 x 20
Standing Band crunches: 3 x 10

UGH…probably should program a deload in every so often.

1 Like

DELOAD

Bench : 265 x 6

Incline swiss Bar press: 15/3 @ 195 …on these I cut the volume in half from normal

Swiss Bar lying Tri extensions: 20 /3 @ 90 …just ended up getting target reps with just two sets
Band pull aparts: (doggie style) 3 x 30

7 minutes on hamster wheel to knock the rust off.

Block Deads: 10 x 1 @ 80% 60-90 second intervals. Slaughtered it…honestly could have done more . Bar was actually moving easier and faster towards the end.

Bent rows(Pendlay) : 20/3 @ SW Total reps 24 . Form was pretty tight on these and the bar was just exploding off the floor

Shrugs: worked up to a top set of 5 got 7 more weight next week
Kettle swings : 3 x 15 @ SW
Standing Band crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW

Felt damn strong today…probably because I got some so so good amount of sleep in along with slightly over eating carbs over the weekend.

Bawhahahaaaaaaa! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Left yourself wiiiiiddddeeee open for that one!

Bulldog can you decode the “20/3 @ SW” for me please ?? I’m a littler slow this morning

Pure Evil

1 Like

20 total reps… divided between 3 sets for some weight. In this instant I did 8/8/8 for a Total rep count of 24

Thankyou for the enlightenment my friend. I have learnt something today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speed Bench: 8 X 3 @ 60%… I went ahead and did a Over warm up on these. Did a single with just 320 to get the CNS warmed up before starting the speed sets other wise they would have been slow as hell.

Standing OHP: ( Swiss Bar) 3 x 5 @145 … last set for 8 up the weight again
Neutral grip pull ups: A few sets…hmmm too easy,
Bulldozer Laterals: 2 x 15 @ Sw
EZ Bar curls: 23/3 @ SW Total reps 28
Alternate DB curls: 25/2 @ SW TR 21…Arms were fried from the EZ bar curls.

1 Like

1 Like

Cluster Fuck… was on a tight schedule .Had plans to meet at a certain time for dinner at a local restaurant . Ran into a delay picking Dakota up from school due to a traffic accident on the interstate . So I ended up getting a quick session in cutting stuff out which I will do Saturday.

7 minutes on treadmill and shoulder mobility work

Squat: 4 x 2 x 335
335 x 12… had reps in the tank,getting more comfortable with the closer stance, Zero issue in the right hip.
SSbar Front squat : 3 x 3 @ too light of a weight

That was it… get the rest in Saturday morning.

Got my secondary work in this morning

Barbell calve raises: 5 x 10 @ SW
Seated Band hamstring curls: 50/3 TR 65
Standing Band crunches: 5 x 10

Me and the Boys went to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 a classic song from the movie has been stuck in my head.

30 minutes on treadmill, video proof…

1 Like

Awwwww… poor thing. I meant the puppy, not you. Suck it up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:no_mouth:

Bench: worked up to 340 x 9… Ok , was feeling damn strong and ignored my cap again. Like a idiot I went for a 10th rep and couldn’t lock it out.

Slingshot sets 360 x 3
380 x 3
400 x 3
Incline Press:(swiss bar) 30/3@200 Total reps 35
Swiss Bar lying Tri extensions: 30/3@100 TR 28…Think I will go back to a EZ Bar
Band pull apart: (doggie style) 5 x 30

Nice session…

1 Like