Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

^ you can remember high school ? Doing better than me !!

In this case you better believe it… at least i now know that someone else came up with the same idea and has implemented it on other with some success i assume. At least I have a optimal number of reps based on % I can work off of.

It’ll probably spread around here if you like it.

I did some looking into it …and the guy who came up with the method isn’t some internet hack. Here is the resume on the guy.

USAPL Coach of the Year – 2012
Head Coach USA Women’s Open (equipped) National Team 2010 – 2012 IPF World Championships
Head Coach USA Men’s Team 2009 IWGA World Games
Head Coach Atlantic & Midwest Regions, Quest Invitational – 2008 – 2010 Arnold Sports Festival
Head Coach USA Men’s Team 2008 NAPF North American Regionals
Assistant Coach USA Men’s & Women’s Teams 2012 – 2014 IPF Classics (raw) Powerlifting World Championships
Assistant Coach USA Men’s Open (equipped) National Team 2005 – 2008, 2010 IPF World Championships
Assistant Coach USA Men’s & Women’s Teams 2009 IPF Masters World Championships
Assistant Coach USA Women’s Team 2009 IWGA World Games
Assistant Coach USA Women’s Team 2008 NAPF North American Regionals
Assistant Coach USA Women’s Open (equipped) National Team 2003, 2005 – 2008 IPF World Championships
Personal coach for more than 50 powerlifters from novice to elite

Hes married to one of the best Female Powerlifters around @ 114lbs Sioux-z Hartwig-Gary

So im guessing the approach is valid.

1 Like

Band GM’s 2 x 20…as a warm up

Block deads: 15 x 1 @ 70% 45-60 sec intervals
Ok this should not have been hard at all and they weren’t really except my lower back was fatigued from something I did Wednesday. (long story)

DB rows: 35/4 @ SW TR 43 …had planned to do Bent rows but lower back was too petered out
Power shrugs: worked up to a top set of 5 rep.
Kettle swings : 3 x 15 @ SW…Hmmm could easily go allot heavier on these.
Standing Band crunches: 5 x 10… FYI I use a Heavy Band on these

1 Like

How about kettlebell swings for your warmup/first exercise? 3 x 30 w/comfortable weight, think volume over weight choice for proper hip hinge movement. I’ve read that some powerlifters warm up with them, and I think they’ve helped my recent workouts.

Oh I am…understand the weight I was using was way too light . I was only using 60 lbs didnt even feel it.

Good. When I’ve used a 60 I noticed the weight.

You probably outweigh me but in a good way.

eeh at the moment … i Would not say that

A few finale tweaks and im done with my current programming.

1. Thinking of putting chins back in as long a my shoulder agrees.
    2.Removing the close grip Benching in favor of some type of dynamic Benching.
    3 The Deadlift approach is not going anywhere… Instinct is telling me its a good fit for me. The only change down the road is pulling back onto the floor but that wont be for awhile.

On a side note… Lower back and hips feel fine today. Go figure.

:tired_face: Time to man up and start doing some light conditioning a few times a week :cry:

Funny I just said exactly that at the weekend, time to get serious about the conditioning…!

It just bores the hell out of me…

I think if you do it routinely enough you can get past the boredom and almost treat this as meditation time. When I started running 6 years ago, I literally hated every minute of it but was amazed how quickly my body adapted and what was a chore became a relaxing 1 hour of just me my heartbeat and my thoughts. Well that was just me maybe I am weird !!!

you said it … I didnt :wink:

2 Likes

Well, strong weird. 3 x 15 w/60 lb kettlebell and doesn’t feel it. Since I read that comment I’ve been considering an 80 lb kettlebell on ebay.

1 Like

Speed Bench: 8 x 3 @ 60%
Standing OHP( swiss Bar): 3 x 5 @ 140… last set was for 8 easy as hell.Slap another 5lbs on it next week… no sigh of progress slowing down on these.
Neutral Grip pullups: Not going to comment using a pull up program I found. These where not hard at all. Think I might have under estimate my max numbers I am capable of doing since the program is based on it. When I had done the originally testing my upper back might have been slightly fatigued.Plan on sticking with what im using and retest when its called for.
Bulldozer laterals: 2 x 10 @ SW
**EZ Bar curls:**25/3@ Sw TR 28…looking at my log, since I started using this approach and started giving a rats ass . My curl strength has gone up 10 lbs along with a increases of 5 total reps between the three sets.
Standing Alternate DB: 25/2 @ SW 25/2 TR 23

1 Like

:zipper_mouth:

Suns out guns out big fella, and remember girls love the curls !!

Don’t say it!!!

1 Like