Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Yeah, yeah, but how many followers does he have on Instagram??? (JUST KIDDING!!!)

Congratulations, that’s very impressive!

I notice even you’ve stopped calling him “pup”, lol.

1 Like

Still a pup…But damn at the rate hes going he might hit BIG DOG status in 2-3 years.

1 Like

That job is going to be quite an experience.

Just checking in. Your sons seems to be doing great in school. Good kids are the result of good raising.

yeah wont look bad on a resume down the road either…
It just occurred to me the other day , that he will be considered a low level faculty member at the school.

As always I give my wife the credit…:wink:

Squats: warm up sets up to 60% did not use a over warm up
5 x 5 @ 60% of estimated EDM done in under 10 minutes kept bar speed fast on the movement .
Ehh… every things felt off so going in I tried what approach called Fatigue signals so I was feeling not too bad after the CAT sets so I worked up planning to hit what should have been a easy 90% x 1
70% x 1 weight flew up with the speed I was expecting
80% x 1 same BUT felt a slight twinge in the area where the right hamstrings ties into my ass.

Pretty much played it safe and didnt push it finished up with Band crunches and abductor work.

My wife views these two as the sexiest male singer ever…:persevere:

Tim McGraw could probably do some pullups but does that winger guy even lift,bro?

Congrats on yer bull pup & his RA job. Seems like a great kid, you should be proud :muscle:

LOL… Here is a singer for you that has spent some time with the iron.

Thanks,Yeah I guess I will keep him for a little longer :wink:

1 Like

Just so you know :wink:

1 Like

Maybe i should have mentioned that also…

1 Like

Lost my fucking MIND tonight!! I decided too wing it on Bench… Had zero urge too work with 5 x 8 shit

Bench: worked up to a Over warm up with 325 x 1
SAID FUCK IT dusted off the Sling Shot I have and decided to just have some fun for a change

365 x 1…sling shot
405 x 4…sling shot
315 x 15 …sling shot

Standing OHP with swiss Bar: 3 x 8 @ SW still getting use to these a little different from a regular bar.
Lying Swiss bar tri extensions 2x 10 -12 @ SW
Band Pull apart : 4 x 30 (doggie style)

2 Likes

Glad you had some fun this round :grin:

1 Like

Honestly… I need too be done with it and get off my ass and design my own freaking program. Pretty much bored following other peoples shit…Been doing this long enough that there is no reason I shouldn’t it isnt like im some kid with only a years experience under my belt…

1 Like

You da only one holding yourself back :wink: Go for it!

Maybe some time off from lifting would fix the boredom and energize your brain for better workouts.

Maybe maybe not…what would probably help would be a short stint in a serious trianing gym.

Hamster wheel 7 minutes
Dynamic warm up

Deadlift : 4 x 1 @ 85% of estimate true max.

Stumbled across a interesting loading scheme pretty simple and straight forward. For some reason it really speaks too me :heart_eyes:

RDL: 2 x 8- 10 @ SW

Bent Rows: 5 x 8 @ SW
Pulldowns: 2 x 8-10 @ Sw
Power shrugs: worked up to a top set of 5 not excessively heavy enough just to feel things working.

Actually enjoyed this session… got some work in , just punched the clock.

Just recently came across this guy… Where the same age and i can say I can relate to his rants he post.

2 Likes