Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

@DBasler Got my second opinion from my advisor regarding my deadlift approach I am getting ready to start. Says it looks good to him suggested a few tweaks.

Nice. I like the setup. Good luck with it.

Rot Ro… big daddy is about to break out the big guns!

Ror Ro is right Shaggy!

1 Like

Bullpup’s maturing well.

too well…

More of my softer side…

Dakota home for the weekend made him push himself on squats 365 x 4.

Funny story apparently a guy he knew worked in with him on deadlifts to prove his Alpha status over Dakota I assume. Didnt work out for the young man in trying to hang with Dakota , the person in question tweaked his back doing 365.

Shoulder warm up drill…

Bench: Bunch of warm up sets…used bow tie on these
260 x 3
300 x 3
340 x 6 easy set stuck to my cap

Ok… GOT STUPID!!! and did another set with some more weight. Basically, I was still put off from the crap squat day… Not to mention I had to remind Dakota of my alpha male status in the house hold:smiling_imp:
375 x 3….BUTT UGLY SET. grove was off and the third was a slight grinder.

Buffalo Bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 245…all reps paused

SKIPPED any type of rowing moving them to my Dead day

Swiss Bar Hammer curls: 3 x 8- 10 @ SW
Push downs : 3 x 10- 12 @ SW
Band pull aparts: 3 x 35 ( doggie style)

Hopefully mt old carcass wont make me pay for that last set of Bench tomorrow.

I have to check out the Bow Tie thing, it looks like a toy my garage gym is missing.
It may be your most satisfying moment one day to see bullpup lifting beyond you. Or, have I said blasphemy.

I’m with you. I have listened to that song several times over the past month actually.

Well it doesn’t really help you more weight… i would lump it under a pre/rehab device myself. Still haven’t used it enough to make a judgement on it.

BLASPHEMY!!

Actually… even with my strength level being garbage it seems anymore. I still have a big lead on him…
To be honest im put off that he actually isnt stronger at his age! I was stronger at his age without someone actually coaching him !!

AWWH Dave! your a old softy like me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:unamused: 30 minutes on treadmill

:scream: No not that! Anything but that!

Tell me about it not my first option for some conditioning work… but it is simple and convenient considering the weather at the moment. Over all conditioning ( im not talking about the amount of excess weight im carrying at this moment) is down at the moment along with my work capacity. Nice thing I have found with me … is just a little conditioning goes a long way in regards to body comp, excess starts melting like butter.

1 Like

Seems like I read somewhere treadmills cause cancer.

(Fake News at its finest.)

X2…along with hand stand pushups.

@biker @denver_z_man in my case I think its a loss of my MAN CARD along with chemical CASTRATION.

warm up : 7 minutes treadmill some light mobility work

SSBAR squats: 3 x 5 @ SW worked up to a top set, nothing too heavy

Rack pulls: (below Knee) worked up to a heavy single nothing extreme. …Oh did these suck ! I try to emulate the position I would be in during the portion of a regular pull. Pretty much all hip hinge no real quad utilization and no pre loading the hamstrings.

RDL’s : 2 x 8-10 @ SW relatively light focusing on the form.
Bent over rows: 2 x 8-10 @ SW