Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Merry Christmas :gift::christmas_tree:

@ChickenLittle @DBasler @gorillavanilla hope everyone along with your families had a good Holiday yesterday.

ARGGGHHH!! was going run for a few more weeks before I even considered doing any type of deload.!!! BUT im paying for ignoring the pre cap amounts I mentionedā€¦ Right shoulder is feeling beat up slightly so might as well deload to allow it to cool off before I run into "Im really going to hurt you territory "

Deadlift : Deload
SSBAR squat: 3 x 5 @ SW keep this the same
Standing Band crunches : 5 x 10
Band abductions : 3 x 20

Deloading on more core movements the rest of the weekā€¦ will keep my assistance stuff the same since they normally dont have a huge impact on my recovery ability.

1 Like

A happy de-load to you and may you have many days of lesser aches and pains.

I hope this does the jobā€¦ went a little ape shit especially on squats considering its been awhile since I have used over 400 for reps . Not to mention using 350 on Bench for repsā€¦ major shock to the old system!! Like I mentioned ā€¦paying for not sticking with my game plan and sticking with my pre cap numbers I had set up on my last sets to allow myself to adapt to it.

Oh hell! You a tough old bird, you got this!

1 Like

@DBasler You will get a laugh out of thisā€¦you asked me at the meet this summer if my arms were 20 inches.
For some stupid reason this morning i did something I never do and measured themā€¦ 19 inches cold. I might have some fun and see how much they are Wednesday after some upper body work and really got some blood in them for shits and giggles.

Skipped over head work to chill out the AC joint in the right shoulder
CG Swiss Bar : 3 x 5 x 220
Pull downs reverse grip: 3 x 8 @ Sw
3 way shoulder Raises: 2 x 20 @ SW ā€¦2 sets was enough to really gorge the area with blood.
Swiss Bar Hammer curls : 3 x 8-10 @ SW

On a effort scale of 1- 5 it was a 1ā€¦ Cut way back on the volume and pretty much went through the motions and got some blood flowing.

One can be thankful for many things. Happy New Year :tada:

1 Like

I am just happy that my wife allows me to breathā€¦:smirk:

Squats; normal warm up sets
290 x 3
330 x 3
375 x 3

Good mornings: 3 x 10 x 185
Side Bends : 3 x 10 @ SW
Lunges: 3 x 10
Band Abductions 3 x 20

Yawn :sleeping:

I was thinking about thisā€¦ I can honestly say i might still be the strongest guy over 40 in my little community. Not sure if I should be happy or not , because its not saying a whole lot .:confounded:

1 Like

Youā€™re not the only one who thinks like that, and I havenā€™t been in gym since September.

1 Like

Got a new toy in todayā€¦(not that type you sick freaks)

Let you know how it goes

1 Like

DELOAD DONEā€¦

Bench: warm upā€¦used the Bow Tie i mentioned on my warm ups. Defiantly notice it pinning my shoulders back in the proper position, On my work sets I removed it .
245 x 5
280 x 5
320 x 8ā€¦ form was off on last rep didnt feel like pushing it today.

SON OF A BITCH had to stop for 20 minutes to pick up son up from wrestling practice because they let out early!!!

Buffalo bar press: 3 x 5 @ 245 .all reps pausedā€¦not Heavy but enough to get some work done

Incline DB rows: 5 x 8 @ SW Used the Bow Tie on theseā€¦Damn, defiantly caused some different muscle have to work differently!! Upper back still feeling it.

Swiss Bar Hammer curls: 3 x 8-10 @ SW
Tri push downs: 3 x 10-12 @ SW ā€¦super set with curls

Band pull aparts: 3 x 30 ( doggie style) Used Bow Tie

Well the Bow tie has some pros and consā€¦Probably will use it for awhile sparingly as long as I think it will benefit my shoulders.

Holidays are overā€¦adjusting to lifting heavierā€¦reached max density and starting to feel sluggish and sloppy.

Time to tighten up on the eating add back in some walking and some HITT conditioning.

I think I need one of those bow ties! Well, it probably would have helped 20 years ago :frowning:

Same hereā€¦ probably would have save me thousands in medical bills and rehab time.

1 Like

Deadlift: STILL not saying until i get them back to a respectable level for myself!
will say that I went ape shit and did 12 on my last set on a pre planned 5 rep set.

SSBAR squats: 3 x 5-8 @ SWā€¦ugh did these SUCK ass was starting to cramp fro, the last ape shit set on deads

Standing Band crunches: 5 x 10
Band abductions: 5 x 20

Slight tweak on my deadlift formā€¦eureka moment!

1 Like

I realized a few things on Deadliftng the other day regarding my basic things on the the movements that I honestly use to do but gotten away from subconsciously that I SHOULD BE DOING In regards to my own individual leverages on the movement.

Lets seeā€¦ Im longed torso, short arms with a short leg femur. Humm ā€¦what should my hip height be which I use to do but gotten away fromā€¦ Time to get the hips lower

Another thing vertical shin vs slight knee bendā€¦ humm after looking at my form and body structure in a seminar Mike Tuchscherer suggested I involve more quad involvement.

1 Like

Wish I knew which one if these I am, well besides the ridiculously long arms part. :smirk: