Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Definitely a top ten pick.

1 Like

Time to add in some conditioning back in along with cleaning up my eating some what.

The conditioning I understand, but the eating thing will have to wait until after New Yearsā€¦:joy:

i hear you about the shoulder, i screwed mine up and my routine hasnt been the same since, cant lift as much as i use to, im maxing out about 165 lbs on the bench, anything more my shoulder kills me the next day, i rather stay at 150 and do more reps for definition, plus whenever i add more weight, the stretch marks look like a pregnant womenā€™s stomach, size is great but i think everyone wants to define or tone upā€¦keep it up bro, shoulder issueā€™s suck been dealing with it for years, and it still popā€™s out every now & again and hurts like hell to et it back in, and then sore for multiple days, everyoneā€™s body is differentā€¦know this guy down the street, 6ā€™2" never worked out in his life, and just ripped and he isnt skinny at all, genetics plays a huge part

1 Like

Ive had both of my shoulders scoped over the years,so yeah it makes for fun times.

SHHh dont mention the G word on other parts of the forum some people get upsetā€¦LOL

LOL ā€¦true. actually the eating wont be super strict. Just slightly cutting back on the carbs.

1 Like

a few things to warm up the shouldersā€¦
Seated behind the neck press:Bunch of warm up sets
140 x 5
155 x 3
170 x 5ā€¦went slightly over what I had planned but not by much easily could have done 10

Swiss Bar close Grip Bench: 3 x 8 x 220ā€¦ Not heavy but enough to work the tris at this point

pulldowns: 5 x 8 @ SWā€¦interesting notice my shoulder wasnā€™t liking these switched to a under hand grip 1/2 way through. seemed to solved the issue.

Swiss bar Hammer curls : 3 x 10 @ SW
Bent over Flyes: 2 x 20 @ SW
Shoulder horn: 1 x 15 @ SW ā€¦ starting to think I might have jumped back into these too hard

Just the truth when it comes to the G word, lol, you do any particular exercises to loosen your shoulder up b4 lifting ??
Iā€™m 40 and from NJ

Thomas Brauchle
Thank You
Have a Grreat Day

Thought I replied to this earlier- my aplologies

Yes! youngest looks good - as ā€˜old schoolā€™ as I was brought up in the sport I never performed better then hydrated, fed etc.

Im impressed by your lighter side.

training looking strong

wouldnā€™t: expect it would youā€¦:blush:

Finale grades are in for Dakota for his 1st Semester of Collegeā€¦ Drum roll 4.0!!! He made the Deans List!!!

1 Like

Mobility work

Squats: Butt load of warm up setsā€¦IM OLDER it takes more

330 x 5
375 x 3
420 x 6ā€¦ left at least 1 or so in the tank ,sorta said fuck my pre cap number.
330 x 10
Good mornings: 5 x 10 @ 185 ā€¦ went up in weight probably stick with this amount until it gets ridiculously easy.

Side Bends: 5 x 10 @ SW

Skipped the rest ā€¦ I was tired and short on time.

Im happy for a changeā€¦ no major issue with the right hip on my heavy set.

Zero hip soreness this morning!! Lets see how long it will take this old carcass to get back around 550 or so on squats :rage:

1 Like

Ughā€¦Feel like Ass this morning!

Merry Christmas bulldog, and peace to your sonā€™s wrestling coach. Keep those good posts coming!

1 Like

Merry Christmas to you my Friend! Hope you have a good Holiday!!:christmas_tree:

Shoulder warm up drillā€¦

Bench: Bunch of warm up sets
280 x 5
315 x 3
350 x 6 ā€¦HOLY SHIT I had a rep or two in me BUT they would probably be grinders which im trying to avoidā€¦ considering that I felt like garbage beforehand I pretty damn happy :joy: I pretty much ignored my pre cap i had setā€¦need to stop doing that :confounded: because im going to end up overdoing it and jacking myself up again.

Going into the last set I was in a mood and what I call having a ā€œMean onā€ going. By chance Dakota was in the garage with me with his I pod in tow. Had him video my last setā€¦

@kpsnap you mentioned you like my videos this ones is for you !

Buffalo Bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 240 all paused reps for a 1 or 2 count
Incline DB rows : 5 x 8 @ SW
Extra crap
Swiss Bar Hammer curls : 3 x 8 - 10 @ SW
Push Downs: 3 x 10 - 12 @ SW
Band pull aparts: 3 x 30 ā€¦Doggy style

I decided not to do the shoulder hornā€¦giving the rotator cuff a slight break to let it cool off since im noticing some irritation in the area.

1 Like

Merry Christmas to all at the dog pound!

Strong benching! Merry Christmas to you and your family Bulldog.