Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

LOL nope…not a teenager anymore.

Lets be honest … I have nothing to complain about compared to those poor people down there

So am I …its been slow going getting this damn right side of my hip back into the game, got a feeling its going to be a little while longer for it to get it back up to speed.

Since I was stupid Saturday I skipped any pressing for the day and got my secondary stuff in.

Chest supported DB Rows: 5 x 8 @ SW
Axel Bar curls; 3 x 10 @ SW
Band pullaparts : 3 x 30 (doggy style)
Shoulder Horn: 2 x 20 @ SW

Deadlift: Its starting to move fast still wont say what im using
step ups :: 3 x 8 @ SW
Standing Band crunches : 5 x10
Band abductions : 3 x 20

Interesting session,deadlifts are starting too wake the hell up… Pulled 6 on a pre planned 3 rep sets. Could have pulled it for 10 but I capped it at 6.

Still fine tuning some thing programming wise.
I honestly dont feel like i was even worked at all !!

FINALLY!!! Got Dakotas form to where I want it !!!

1 Like

@bagofbro PRETTY PISSED OFF !! My youngest sons wrestling coaches are ate up with getting guys down into the lowest weight classes as bloody possible!! I get it but damn need to make sure the kids your talking about have it to loose in the first place. They had my youngest drop to 152 class weighed in at 149 last night. Bloody hell…They had to stop the match twice because his legs started cramping!! Needless to say he lost the match… NEEDLESS to say BIG DADDY is overruling the coaches little bastard is going back up to the 160lbs class!!

1 Like

Looks like hes getting more comfortable with the changes, a few minor tweaks and he will be good to go. RIPPED his ass for not having any spotter or safety catches set up after he sent this after I viewed it.

Id be pissed too- and you know my history.
I just checked - and Indiana has the same rule most states have
about how much a student wrestler can loose in a week. Its 1.5% bodyweight.

If your son is cramping- then the coach clearly endangered his health- not cool

its covered here IHSAA Wrestling Weigh-in Regulations

Fucking A… thanks. . I did the math he dropped slightly over 5%( with already having a low BF%) in a weeks time to get in under the 152 class limit. A holes are wanting him to go down to 145!!

They tried that Crap with Dakota last year…He more or less told them to go get fucked.

HEADLINE

Angry low land silver Back Gorilla brutalizes two local High School wrestling coaches…filmed at 11.

1 Like

Seated Behind the Neck presses: Bunch of warm up sets
130 x 3
150 x 3
165 x 10…hmmm had more in the tank, went passed the pre cap number I had set up.
skipped any type of back off since shoulder is felling funky didnt want to over do the volume.

Close Grip Swiss bar press: 3 x 8 @ 195
2 X 8 @ 220… went up in weight because the first three felt light… would like to be in the 70% range but I have no clue what a possible 1 RM would be on these for me.
Pulldowns: 5 X 8 @ SW
Axel Bar curls: 3 x 12 @ SW
Bent over Flyes: 2 x 20 @ SW
Shoulder horn : 2 x 20 @ SW

Easy session felt pretty good… slow start on the BTNP took awhile to get the shoulder lubed up for work.

@bagofbro youngest wrestled yesterday weighed in 6 lbs heavier than Thursday. Amazing the difference in how a non depleted kid can wrestle :wink:

1 Like

Mobility work

Squat: went back to using the Buffalo Bar since its easier on shoulders made sure I took a grip the same width I would use on a regular bar .

Allot of warm up sets:
310 x 3
350 x 3
395 x 3… did 6 had more in the tank
310 x 10
Hip is feeling good
FYI… for those who might be reading this 99% of the time I dont wear a belt

Good mornings : 5 X 10 @ 150… I decided not to do a big jump in weight this week as I had originally planned

Side Bends: 5 x 10 @ SW
Lunges : 3 x 10
Band abductions : 3 x 20

Since the hip is slowly improving its going to be fum getting some weight back on the bar down the road.

Glad to here the hip is better.

The boys are both killing it!

1 Like

Id say its 95% now…might be moving some real weight in six months now.

1 Like

Bet you’ll do better than 6 months. Your sons will be good motivators.

i dont know about squats…BUT hes really has put a bur up my ass ! Hes good for a 500 pull right now and hes getting stronger every freaking week on them.

^^ NEWS FLASH MISSING LINK FOUND!!!
Bench: Bunch of warm up sets
260 X 3
295 x 3
335 x 3… did 6 which was what I pre caped it at. was not happy with the set form felt off and my set up was garbage ! Was loose as hell should have re racked and set up again! Can you say DUMB ASS !?

Buffalo Bar Bench: 3 x 5-8 @ 240 reps paused
Incline DB rows 5 x 8 @ SW
Hammer curls swiss bar : 3 x 10 @ SW
Pull aparts : 3 x 30 (doggy Style)
Shoulder Horn : 2 x 25 @ SW

Deadlifts: top set did 5 reps… form was off on first rep.
Im going back to pulling in my Inzer pillars for some reason they feel more natural than Chucks to me.

Close Stance Safety squat Bar: 3 x 5-8 @ SW haven’t done these in a long while… WOW felt very weak on these!
Standing band crunches : 5 x 10
Band abductions : 3 x20

CLASSIC!! Top ten on my favorite list!!

1 Like

The softer side of my music taste… QUESTION MY MAN HOOD I DARE YOU!!! :smiling_imp: