Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

same to you and your family :+1:

Couple years ago your younger pup told me he wasnā€™t interested in weight lifting. Has he changed his mind?

The youngest at this point is only interested in any sort of weight training if it will allow him to improve in football or wrestlingā€¦ other than that no.

Worked Dakota up on the OHP for some spur of the moment testingā€¦EHH once he hit a grinder that look like complete ASS I called it.

Good note hes getting strongerā€¦ bad note his upper body strength is NO WHERE near mine was at his age.
Well no one can accuse me of living through my kid in the weight room when he isnā€™t even close now or then :sob:

Kinda makes me feel I am not doing something wright coaching him.

Deadlift: Id rather not say
Kettle Bell swings: 3 x 15 @ SW
Lunges : 3 x10
Standing Band crunches 5 x 10

I now know what the problem has been for awhile on my Dead lifts. Lack of internal aggressionā€¦along with overthinking it

Over thinking can kill anything. :grin:

Ironically its the only lift i dwell on instead of just doing it if you understand what I mean. I do not do that do that on bench or squat or Overhead work I just do it without even thinking about it.

1 Like

Well thats just greatā€¦my Time share burnt to the ground (no joke)

That stinks, sorry to hear it.

Some bad luck here, but at least no personal injuries in your family.

What doesnā€™t kill you makes you stronger.

Honestly only a annoyance at this point as long as it doesnā€™t dent my wallet down the roadā€¦which it shouldnā€™t. ( I hope)

I just saying I dont live down thereā€¦ My wife is upset because she loves it down there.

Seated BTNP: a bunch of warm up sets
top working set : 160 x 5ā€¦Shit ton of reps in the tank. Didnā€™t push it sine my right shoulder feeling funky
120 x 10ā€¦like the last set didnā€™t push it had decided to cap the reps at 10 before hand

Close grip swiss bar press: 5 x 5-8 @ 195 felt light
Pull downs: 5 x 8 @ SW
Thick bar curl: 3 x 10 @ SWā€¦ super set with push downs
Push downs: 2 x 25 @ SW

Shoulder Horn 2 x 15ā€¦Time to put these back in the mix as prehab movement

On a effort scale between 1 - 5 this was a 3 at tops and thats pushing it.Just got some work in and got some blood flowing slightly.

@kpsnap If you read this little lady. I accidentally hit ā€œLikeā€ on your post regarding Petes cause of passing. Could you Delete the post and repost it down the chain because for some reason the site will not allow me to remove the like and it looks way bad on my part.

Crap ton of mobility work for the shouldersā€¦

Squats: allot of warm up sets
290 x 5
330 x 5
375 x 5ā€¦Left a Butt load of reps in the tank
290 x 10ā€¦ same on this set

Squatted High Bar on these

Good Mornings: 5 x 10 @ 135ā€¦Way too light even while focusing on feel, probably need to move up to 185 next time if not more.

Side bends: 5 x 10 @ SW
Step ups: 3 x 10 ā€¦ using this a a pre /rehab movement diffidently have some muscle imbalance and weakness in some smaller muscle along the chain
Band Abductions : 3 x 20ā€¦ Pre/rehab

Welllā€¦on a effort scale of 1 - 5 this was a solid 2, just sorta went through the motion.

On a softer sideā€¦ one of my favorite Non hard rock tunesā€¦

Sorry to here about the time share.

Id rather not talk about my deadlift eitherā€¦
I already dont mention upper body lifts of any kind.

sting played at a place I work this summer- it was a great show.
Him and peter gabriel.

1 Like

Yeah thanksā€¦ in the scheme of things its just a minor thing a annoyance at most.

My pride wont allow it or should I say ego because my deads are in the toilet and I have allot work to do to bring them back up.

Ran Dakota over to my friends place yesterday to get some help tweaking Dakotas form on squats. As I have stated in the past he is one of the few guys that I would trust with one of my own. FYIā€¦ three of his teenage female lifters have qualified and will be competing at the Arnold this year in PL.

Stupid me i worked in with my ā€œfriendā€ as he was doing Incline press so I followed his lead making sure I did more reps than he didā€¦ I did not even keep tabs on what weight that he usedā€¦ I think we worked up into the low 300ā€™s. Why this is stupid because I am suppose to bench Monday :persevere:

Maybe youā€™ll have a freak recovery and bench big anyway. Tennessee is getting hell, sorry to read about your time share. Good to see you building your back and legs.