Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Thanks Dave… Now its just a matter of getting the lower body stronger again. Which I got a feeling going to be slow going.

Speed Bench: 8 x 3 @ 60%
Swiss bar Tri extensions: 5 x 8 @ SW
Band Pull aparts: 3 x 30

Deload

Speed pulls: 5 x 3 @ 50%
KB swings: 3 x 15 @ SW
Pulldowns: 5 x 8 @ SW
Hammer curls : 2 x 10 @ SW

nice bench

I just caught up in here.
you two did a fine fine job with your oldest - congrats.

Glad your MRI - showed nothing too bad.
I see your healing and kicking some ass

As I have said in the past…mama deserves most of the credit.

Thanks… seems to be a trend as of late. Something gets pissed off and I have to baby it for awhile and rehab the area. Ugh getting very old.

Deadload

Speed Bench: 5 x 3 @ 50%
Buffalo Bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 200…still easy
seated BTNP: 100/145 x 18

My youngest son got asked out to the movies this weekend… By a female classmate whom is known to be very sexual active and Bi sexual. :open_mouth:

Mama but the whammy on that… (poor little bastard) :hushed:

1 Like

Squat: 4 x 2 @ 365
365 X 12

Step ups : 3 x 10 @ SW
Incline Bench DB rows : 5 X 8 @ SW
Barbell calve Raises : 5 X 10 @ SW

well the right Hip is slowly strengthening back up

Go figure could not get Bullpup interested in getting Senior pictures taken last year. But Damn he was more than excited about getting his Fraternity picture done.

Funny thing is now that he NEVER attended a wild party in High School and now hes the main Door man for the parties at the Frat house. His job make sure no one uninvited is allowed in and that the members dont get themselves killed. I have officially nicknamed him Dalton… (its a movie reference) Got a feling he will be doing a few wrestling slams during the course of the school year.

Making a pledge the doorman…

Good to read you’re back moving some good weight without trouble.

Well he was already made a member…

Well at least during no issues…slightly feeling it the day after.

Speed bench: 8 x 3 @ 40% Plus chains
Swiss bar lying tri extensions: 5 x 8 @ SW
Band pull aparts: 3 x 35

UGH…Only negative thing about switching back to a straight bar from a Buffalo Bar is that Ive lost some shoulder mobility. Which is forcing my arms to compensate while squatting… biceps and triceps and elbow are sore as hell. probably going to be awhile before Im fully adjusted.

Freaking another Bug going around work again…and I got bit by it, been fighting it since Wednesday .

Hope you’re a healthy bulldog soon. The crud is going around here too and I’m at the end of a bug myself.

@gorillavanilla yeah the crud is going around here,honestly I was worried maybe something was wrong with me outside of a possible bug, Well I know its a bug since my wife woke up this morning with the same symptoms,

Still not 100% from the “BUG” wife wants to put a boot in my ass for passing it onto her. Was planning on lifting today but better judgement told me to give myself one more day of recovery,

Deadlift: 5 x 3 @ 70% of estimated 1RM… Two things first I bumped the weight down back to a actual 70% of my estimated 1 RM starting this new mesocycle. Next week I will add 5lbs each week for the next several weeks. Second Im using only 70% to redevelop some speed and technique .

Elevated Deadlifts: 3 x 3 @ SW
KB swings: 3 x 15 @ SW
Pulldowns: 5 x 8 @ SW
Hammer curls: 2 x 12 @ SW

As much as I was really liking the Incline DB rows think it might be beneficial to start doing regular Bent over rows again.

Bench: 4 x 2 @ 310
310 x 12… eeeh the last rep got out the groove while pressing it :confused: for some strange reason

Buffalo Bar Bench : 3 x 5 @ 240 all reps paused. upped the weight by 40lbs actually started feeling these on the last set.

seated Behind the neck press: 100 / 140 X 20

Squat: 4 x 2 @ 370
370 x 5… I had more in me but didnt push it.

Session was SHIT! felt slow and sluggish as hell ! Decided to just get squats in and just do a session Monday to get the secondary stuff in.

A Few Updates:

BULLPUP: Holy shit! little Bastard is growing !! Hes up to 196lbs at 5’8 with visible ABZ and his strength is going up especially upper body! My hope at the rate hes going that he will be putting 3 plates up on bench before summer.

Also according too his academic adviser he will be starting his Sophomore year next fall that he will be considered a 2nd semester Junior academically .

On my end …I am reevaluating a few things regarding the training approach I have currently adopted for a trial run…