Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

:rage: Holding off a extra day before I get back under a bar and squat. Still a little gun shy…not sure if its a sign of wisdom or me just being a big Vagina on my end. Since Im not 100% sure what caused the whole irritation issue in the first place. Im feeling unusually tight in the lower back and in the hips ,going to do some mobility stuff and loosen it up and hit it tomorrow. Plus the fact for some reason Ive been dealing with some light insomnia and havent had anything close to a good nights sleep in three days and it has worn me down.

Took some Melatonin last night and was able to get some sleep in.

Squat (buffalo bar) bunch of warm up sets. Hip area was feeling really stiff along with the lower back.

4 x 2 @355
355 x 10 … Hip felt so so probably could have done more reps But I was probably would have been pushing my luck going hog wild.

GHR: 4 x 10

Barbell calf raises: 5 x 10 @ SW

That all she wrote lets see how thing feel in the next few days.

1 Like

Well good news…im sore slight in the problem area ,BUT on a scale of 1 to 5 we are talking maybe a 2.5 nothing a little heat and ibuprofen wont cure easily.

Now that you’re back moving the weights, maybe consider substituting “mature” for “old and tired” in log name?

According to my wife Im not mature.

Speed bench : 8x3 @ 205
Dips: 2 x 12
Pull ups (alternating grips) 4 x 10… too fried for the 5th set Note : still band assisted

Dakota was home over the Holiday… being that the school is relatively small and a Division 3 school he has had several people ask him out of the blue on campus if he was a member of the Football team.

Deadlift: Bunch of warm up sets

5 x 3 @ 70% of estimated 1RM

deficient Deadlifts 3 x 3 @ 70 % of estimated 1 RM ( normally they run about 50 lbs less)

band Pull throughs : 3 x15 Might switch these to a low pulley

Hammer curls : 2 x 15 @ SW

If this doesnt inflames my glute …Im guessing Im home free.

Only slightly sore in the trouble area… 1 on a scale of 5 so guessing I am back in business.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who does deficient deadlifts.

Use to do them all the time to help build strength off the floor…

Right Hip still slightly sore but still all good

Bench: Bunch of warm up sets

4 x 2 @ 305
305 x 11 …REALLY BUGS the Shit out of me that Bench quality wise relatively speaking is better than my squats and deads at the moment.

Buffalo Bar bench : 3 x 5 @ 175 ( each rep paused) still feels too light for a positive training effect . Up another 5 lbs next session,

Seated Behind the Neck press : 2 x 15 @ SW

Incline Bench DB rows : 5 x 8 @ SW

Well that sums it up.

Bunch of mobility a warm up stuff

Squats (Buffalo Bar) : Bunch of warm up sets

4 x 2 x 360… Honestly the weight felt light. But the right hip was giving me a slight reminder , nothing major but im still slightly gun shy.

360 x 5… I had easily more in me but I played it conservative.

GM’s: 5 x 10 @ SW … I decided to replace GHR’s with these
Barbell calf raises : 5 x 10 @ SW.

SO SO session just got some work in .

Speed Bench: 8 x 3 @ 210 … ill be damned already seeing improvement on Bar speed. Shoulders came off the Bench on one set.

Dips: 2 x 15 @ BW …used the sling shot for the first set as a warm up.

Pull ups: 5 x 8 ( alternating grips) Band assisted . OK im getting over these in a bid way. Thinking of going old school !!! Meaning setting a specific number of total reps to hit in a session and doing multiple low rep sets until I hit them .

Ill be damned… My youngest is a captain on the JV Football squad. Not only that but they are playing him in the same position that his older brother played on the “strong side” of the D Line

I just started doing this… Feel like Batman when I do them.

Video of those or it didn’t happen. I want to see this!

I have to second what Dave said. We MUST have a video of this, Bulldog!

I certainly third the above posts. If you can do those, no wonder you’re old and tired.

@DBasler @kpsnap @biker Im onto all three of you ! You just want to see me hanging upside down like a oversize monkey for comic relief ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: