Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Heres the deal… DUMPED my peaking routine in all reality its been a BUST!! Working on finalizing my new routine using the Conjugate approach. Did some Benching last night.

Still doing the Meet with Dakota but im just approaching it like a testing Day and go from there.

Starting to look like Bench only for me for the Meet.

What happened? Did you injure yourself?

Well been dinged up for three weeks now with the whole Piriformis muscle in my back side…Its improved some what from only bothering every once in awhile with a stabbing pain which ranked a 5 out of a 5. Now its become a dull ache but constant. The damn issue is i the muscle runs near the Sciatic Nerve so from time to time its puts pressure on it . Need to back off on the squats and pulls to let it cool off.

Oh ouch! That shit hurts! When I was carrying my son he decided to position himself to put pressure on mine. Thought I was going to be paralyzed before he finally moved. Lazy lil ass stayed there for days…lol Hope it gets out of there soon!

Ok…for a update. Im Debating the Conjugate approach slightly. I dont plan on going full blown on any approach until after the Meet.

Dynamic Upper:

Bench: 6 x 3 @ 60 % Using a slightly higher % range on these to start. But based on the bar speed I need to drop down the %.

Press BTN: 2X 10 - 12 @ SW …These actually felt damn good today. They get a bad rap , the only issue I have is un racking the bar other than that they feel natural too me.

45 degree Bench DB rows: 2 x 10-12@SW … Too be honest , got a feeling these should be a staple movement No stress on the erectors and allows me to focus on quality.
Dips: I had a wild Hair, I havent done dips in years. I actually did two sets with a sling shot too knock the rust off. Did several sets with out it …Damn did my triceps cry for mercy. Honestly they use to be a staple in my tool box when I was younger. Looking at maybe putting them back in.

Seated DB curls: 2 x 10-12 @SW… we all know how I feel about these

You used a sling shot to do dips? Never seen that.

ONLY for two warm up sets…

Finally…decided that im not going to use the conjugate approach at this point and time.Sure as hell not going too stick with what I was doing either.

I wish I could point you towards my current program “training aimlessly while trying unsuccessfully to overcome injuries” but I can’t. No gains there.

Hopefully your injuries heal up soon.

Ill pass on your current training program…I actually have a approach im going to start doing. Main lifts are trained at a higher % than I have in the past with more volume in that range. Not sure If playing in the 90%plus range is a smart think at the moment.

My GOD who is that shockingly sexy man in your avatar photo?

I will never tell…:smiling_imp:

AND HERE WE GO!!!

Trying something new…gotta say it might be a good fit for me.

Deadlifts: 5 x 3 @70% of estimated 1 RM
Deficient deads 3 inches: 3 X 3 @ 70 % NO Clue actually of my true 1 RM in the past they seemed too run 50 less than my regular so going with that

Band pull throughs: 3 x 15
Pull ups: 5 x 10 alternated grip supinated/pronated (BAND ASSISTED) give me a break its been awhile in a few weeks I should be able to do these again with authority .

hammer curls (across chest version) 2 x 12-15 @ SW

1 Like

Where did my log go? MR Moderator am I in trouble for something? I cant find my log on the Over 35 forum?

I can see it bulldog, no problem.

You’re logging in your missing log, Bulldog? Ha!

Looking forward to seeing how your new programming plays out. Is the goal maximal strength or achieving the physique of the mystery man in your avatar?

Holy sheepshit, you did PULLUPS!?!?!?! I’m impressed.

This past weekend I did pullups with my best pal (the collegiate throwing champ you physically reminds me of a you). I added fifty pounds to a chain belt, he used assistance bands…

… that made us even.

And I can see your log just fine.

I found that out…the issue seems to be on my end when I log in. When Im not log in I can actually see it in the o35.

Its not actually missing but for some reason when im logged in it vanishes from my view point. It started last night and I was afraid maybe I got band…since I have been venturing outside of the confines of the O35 as late.

Strength…The mystery man I pretty much burned him at the stake awhile back ago.