Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

I’d be really pleased to have progressed as far you have since your last shoulder problems.

At the moment this log could be titled “future shoulder trouble v outshining Dakota”.

Age is creeping up on us. This sucks.

Well to be honest in reality I had more than 335 on the bar since all my 45 plates are over 45 lbs , I have some that are 2.5 over and some that are only 1.5 over. They are all from different sets I’ve acquired on the cheap. I just make sure I match them with their mate on the the opposite side so that its not off balance. But for simplicity I dont count the difference, So I might be over reacting But im still going to scale it back for the moment.

Yeah that little SOB might out do me based on Wilks or Lift Coefficient… He wont beat me on pure poundage wise. Going to have to get back up to speed.

LA,LA,LA…IM NOT LISTENING!!!:neutral_face:

1 Like

Mobility work

Deadlift: worked up to 3@70%
3@75%
3@ 85%
3x3@75%
Elevated stiff legs: 10@45% of projected Deadlift max

• Im too embarrassed to actually list my numbers at the moment.

Bent rows: 2 working sets for 10
Reverse Grip Pull downs : 2 X 8-10@SW
Bent over flyes: 2 x 10-12 @ SW
Heavy Band standing crunches: 4 x 10

Considering I haven’t Deadlifted with anything resembling any thing Heavy in almost a year I cant complain. Pretty damn tired I have to admit at the moment. :weary:

Its kind of funny how me and Dakota have similar taste in music… Dakota had me listen to this. Yep its going on my training playlist…

Dakota will put up impressive numbers for his size and age at the meet no doubt but you will bench over 400 which is strong any way you look at it.

^That’s understood. Hope you watch out for your shoulder.

I had Zero plan of Benching over 405 going into this…

Im currently watching out for everything on me at the moment… So not in Meet shape.

ALL Right!!! I got back on my original game plan and sticking with the mini peaking cycle.

Bunch of mobility work.

Squat:warm up sets
255 x 5
295 x 4
345 x 3
370 x 2
380 x 1
395 x 1
405 x 1
2 x 8 x 355… Ok everything was slow and sluggish, this should have been and easy session … The reason it wasn’t is from tugging on Thursday.

The reality kicked in again… as much as i would prefer to pull on a separate day like a normal person. IT been more optimal in the past on a 7 day training week for me to 'Sqwat" and Tug in the same session going into Meet prep cycle.

It has its pros and cons…

So I pulled after words Allot harder than it should since I just pulled a few days ago. I got the original planned work in… will be a hell of allot easier next week once I get a full week of recovery in for my hips and lower back.

1 Like

LOL…yeah im paying the price from pulling Thursday…Squatting Sunday and pulling again after squats.

My theme song for the day…

Two words can sum up todays Bench session…" SHIT SHOW"

it was one of those kind of session where everything felt wrong!! ( so much for this being a easy session seeing a trend) Left arm felt like hell from when i tweaked it last week and was letting me know it when I started going heavy.

Bench:Over warm up

205 x 5
230 x 4
270 x 3
290 x 2…started about here when the bar fell out of my normal grove on the first rep
300 x 1…getting more pissed of
310x 1…almost
315 x 1…yeah it let me know it was fucking pissed at me from last week
275 x 8…sucked
275 x 8…sucked even more
275 x 2…Really sucked
230 x 10… SOB I knew it was time to shut down

Skipped the last two things finished up with band pull aparts.
Doing a little icing at the moment.

I’ve been having a lot of those type sessions lately. Hope the arm gets better quickly,

It should be ok…part of the issue is my normal set up is off due to the issue im having with that spot on my glute. Isnt hurting my squat or dead lift but really only bothers me on my set up for bench …go figure.

Im starting not to like my son… little ass posted this on his Instagram. Not sure what bugs me , ugh and he used the word “swole”

Ha ha ha. This was inevitable.

1 Like

He really does have a body much more consistent of a well built man than a teen. Take solace in the fact that he can thank you for his good genes!

Think hes trying to drum up business…

Yeah cant wait in twenty years… when he becomes a silver back with the gorilla gut that comes with it LOL

Funny thing is the only thing he didn’t get was my calves … :sunglasses: His are the sadist looking things.