Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Dakota isnt happy with me at the moment…not after what I told him what I have have programmed for him to hit at the Meet. Hes pissed because he feels its to low

Is it too low? He seems to be a pretty level headed young man.

Actually the numbers are right on track… hes complaining im not going more since I am roughly basing them on what he was credited with at the end of the year in his PE. class. They did their testing based off of top 3 and 5 RM maxes. So he hasnt official know his exact 1 RM from what Ive seen so far there is no reason not to keep then where they are at at the moment.

1 Like

Things start getting real At the Dog Pound… Dakota starts his peaking cycle Monday while Ive decided on doing a 4 week base building cycle ( got this from Paul Carter) after which I will start my 5 week cycle. Printed out the Meet entry form and will send it out next week…talk about locking myself in.

@DBasler Ill will be in your neck of the woods…

Good video; that’s a solid young person there. Great job parents.
Enjoy the upcoming meet.
ERIC D.

Have to see what the schedule looks like that weekend but if I can I would love to make it down and watch you and the Dakota compete.

Thanks for the compliment…most of the credit goes to my wife. Im just the enforcer , not like my wife needs one.

Well Dave ,if you can make it I would love to see you again. Besides I could use a hand in getting Dakota ready for his attempts while im trying to do the same.

Base building squats/pulls

Squat: worked up to 340 x 1 easy single
5 x 5 x 275 …done as all sets as explosively as I could in under 15 minutes

Deadlifts: 5 x 3 x 365 …focused on form

Stiff leg deads : 2 x 20 x SW
Barbell row outs: Skipped got over heated

Oh hell…heat index was around 95 degrees and it felt worst in the garage and it probably was.Baby barfed in my mouth twice towards the end got freaking light headed and crawled inside and took a cold shower.

Oh how I miss the Mid-West; very funny. Reminds me of my H.S. years bailing hay in the summer. Good times.

what part of the midwest?

Retired my Inzer Pillars,have a new pair of shoes on the way…

Base building Bench:
Currently I am basing all my work % on the main three off a conservative Everyday Max. Pretty much anything I estimate can hit any day even if i am feeling way off.

Bench: bunch of warm up
185 x 5
210 x 4
250 x 3
275 x 2
310 x 1
5 x 8 x 275…only was able to manage 7 reps on the last set. Christ towards the end this got brutal

Incline: 350 method x SW ( 50 reps done in 3 sets)
Lying Tri extensions ( swiss bar) 2 x 10-12 @ sw

Added in some high rep sets of band pull aparts

Yeah I got a feeling Im going to feel a little worse for ware tomorrow

1 Like

Not as sore as I expected…but pretty fatigued from yesterday,

New Adidas lifting shoes arrived today… Feel like a little kid at Christmas cant wait until Sunday to squat in them.

Day 2 for Bullpups meet prep… at the end of two more weeks I should have a feel on how things are going there.

I did my hay bailing/ High School years in Winterset, Iowa. I’m sure you’ve heard of it; it’s a pretty big deal :slight_smile:

Done my fair share of bailing in my time also… Loved making the lives of the guys in the mound hell while I unloaded the wagons.

Upperback assistance shit

Bent rows: 5 x 6-8 x SW …Used the swiss bar using a grip close to my normal bench grip. One word “Humbling” Lets just say it worked things differently then would a straight bar…@ 175 lbs I had different muscle protesting.

Pulldown: 3 x 8-10 x SW
Shrugs: (Trap Bar) 3 x 10
alternate Db curls: 3 x 10-15…still dont care

In retrospect Part of my issue I was having with the swiss bar rows was I might have been over doing the range of motion… next time i do them I will try to make them resemble these

Happy Father’s Day, to one of the proudest dads I know!