Axle Bar Curls: 25/3 @ SW TR 36
Alt DB curls: 20/2 @ SW TR 20

2 Likes

Bulldog squastting

Squats: 5 x 3 @ 315… working on speed and technique
Land mind Hip Belt squat: 3 x 10 @ SW fried the old quads
GHR: 3 x 10
Planks: 3 x max time

Since at the present I am really working the Trap Bar Deads pretty hard …for the time being the squats are going on the back burner . Since pretty much the same muscle groups are getting hit between the two movements. For that reason for the sake of recovery ,lowering the intensity level and focus on form and bar speed.

3 Likes

bulldog weights

Heavy Bench

Bench: worked up to a Heavy BUT NOT MAX single @405
5 x 3 @ 365

Incline Bench: Hell no, felt that any additional pressing would have been overkill this evening based on how I felt.
Lying Tri extensions: 25/3 @ 120 TR 24
Face Pulls: 5 x 10 @ SW

3 Likes

grumpy bulldog

At the moment debating if once I complete this long Bench training cycle if I should actually take a actual full on max attempt . Currently I am leaning against it in favoring of after completion taking a week or so off from benching than repeating the cycle again based off a higher projected Max. ( side note: I started this cycle based off a max slightly below a projected max based off of rep performances at given amounts) With the possibly after the completion of the second run through entering a small meet and doing Bench only.

At least at this point … my ability to actually handle Heavy weight is slowly improving at least relative to my actual projected max which I had slightly lost from spending way too much time focusing on sub max training.

1 Like

images (1)

Trap Bar Deads: Lost my fucking mind and worked up after my pre set work numbers… slapped on my belt and cranked out 500 for 10 (last few reps were touch and go) so yeah seeing improvement.FYI…felt like barfing after

Bent rows: 20/3 @ SW … switched from Pendlay row to a less strict Bent row.
Kettle swings: 3 x 15 @ SW
Band Crunches: 5 x 10

My posterior is defiantly feeling the after effects … also might need to re calculate my working weights.
bulldog butt

3 Likes

Tired bulldog

Could ? Someone get the number of the truck that ran me over…

1 Like

Well you did lift 5000lbs in one set… That’s like my weekly quota. Lol

1 Like

and I am paying for it…lol

2 Likes

Not to mention proud as hell.

I would not say proud i would say that I am pleased with it and surprised at the rate of progression that I am seeing.

1 Like

Ok, animal.

Well im not trying to relay some false modesty…

bddd

Light Bench

Bench: (buffalo bar) 8 x 3 @ 245… Hmmm nice pop off the chest
Standing OHP: 20/3 @ 205 TR 18 … ehhh, didn’t feel strong on these today
Neutral grip pullups: reps x sets
Axel bar curls: 25/2 @ SW TR 27
One arm DB Incline curl 20/2 @ SW TR 22 … it was time for a change
Well crap…my schedule is off this week, squatting tomorrow.

Well my youngest son whom has a 3.92 GPA on a scale of 4 has decided on what he wants to attend next fall.

SOOO… after everything is said and done I will have one in the sports Medical field and another one whom will probably living with me until hes 40…. I JOKE

Heres a bad pic of my sons art work

2 Likes

Some people want to be successful at life.
Some people want to enjoy life.

Don’t be too hard on the young fella, you have proven yourself as a good parent (along with the missus) so I’m sure he will still do well.

I personally prefer to enjoy life rather than ‘win’ at it. Which is lucky because I am definitely not winning! Haha

Thanks… The wife is actually having a harder issue with it sine she is more of a practical person. I do have concerns also but l if he can make a go of it and hes happy that is all that matters. I myself am the type is more concern about enjoying life and not getting hung up on certain things. Im a happy guy myself if I have a roof over my head …food in the old belly and the ability to do things I enjoy. If this is any indicator I refuse to be tied down by excessive materialist mentality were its a status symbol. Could care less about a fancy house or car or even clothing… My wife is on me that I need a new car for myself and I refuse to get one not even a used one. Why ? because even though it has 230,000 miles on it . It still runs and only needs minor work done on it maybe once a year . Funny thing is that we could easily afford it but I simply cannot do it… because I dont value certain things like other seem to do.

2 Likes

Good attitude. Just keep equally guiding those boys.

1 Like