Old Thread Seems to Be Full...Like My Belly

KP,

I weigh 305 (if I am lazy) 320 (when I am trying), the point is, I am fat.

BigStrick,

I had to tailor the elbow sleeves, but they are very comfortable.

Tuesday

Squats-W/Ups- 405x2x2, 455x2x2, 495x1, 315x10

Everything felt heavy, I need an excuse so I am blaming a sinus infection. I am expecting my squat suit on 12/8 which is exciting, I will be training in gear 1x per wee until the January meet (which I just found out is based on Wilks Formula and is over and under 200 lb groups. I am going to get killed.) After that I will be training geared for the 2/28 meet in Albany NY, where I will also get killed, but I will be able to blame my gear noobness for that.

question for yeah? Aren’t the meets your doing USAPLs? I think all the gear you have is multiply. Trex, and that metal shirt? no fly zone for the USAPL.

Pete,

I have the TRX, it’s the Inzer single ply, and I ordered the IPF x-type viking bencher, which I assume is USAPL legal (I thought the IPF and USAPL were sort of similar/attached) I also have an old Inzer shirt if the X-type isn’t allowed. I hope I’m right about the gear because my wife will frown (code for stop me) on me ordering something else.

Ah, TRX, thought I read T Rex, which is one of their multi-ply. Nope you are all good, have fun.

Tried to work out today, sinus infection and all, it was doomed from the start. I am taking a 4-6 day break from exercise, lets see if that helps at all.

Took a little break from working out, I had a little bit of illness and a bit of injury, seems my heavy squats (all relative I guess) screwed up my ankle fusion, I had some concerns that I had blown a screw (since it is clearly visible through my skin now) my doctor seems to think we can avoid cutting me open, but sanity needs to prevail in the weight room. I haven;t worked out in a week so I decided to retool things to account for my overall shitty health.

12/14/10
Bench- w/ups-355x5x5x5x5x5
Front Squats- w/ups- 185x5 225x5 245x3x3x3
Corkscrew w/45lb plate-15/15, 15/15

Come on man. Toughen up!
You’re not going to let the odd bolt floating around your foot stop you heavy squatting are you?

Just kidding!!!

Next time get them to rivet your foot on, they don’t work loose.

I chose the anchors for my shoulder. That just sounded more substantial than screws and bolts.

Yeah, suck it up, man.

Ty for your kind words. I will do my best not to let you down, but I probably will anyway, it is just my nature.

[quote]BrianHanson wrote:
Ty for your kind words. I will do my best not to let you down, but I probably will anyway, it is just my nature.[/quote]

sorry - mj has the self-deprecating slot filled, choose another…

soldog,

then I have nothing left.

I guess my little illness was worse than I thought, weighed in at 294 today at the VA, the nurse pointed out that I had lost 22 lbs from my last weigh-in (November) congratulated me, did some mental math, looked alarmed and asked me if I was trying to lose weight, I said “Actually sort of the opposite” she laughed like I was joking, because really how many 315 lb’ers are trying to gain weight. They took my blood, I’m sure I have something non-fatal but horribly disfiguring. X-rays from my doc show no change in my ankle fusion, so I guess I am just a whiner, and I guess the screw was always poking through my skin. Got home to see that Zappos had delivered my size 14 Green Chucks Taylor low cuts, so I deadlifted.

Wed
Deads (Very Narrow stance, Hook Grip)- w-ups- 315x5, 365x5, 405x5, 455x5 (had to reset after each one due to weak ass grip) 495x2
BB Rows-225x12x11

Walked outside to a whiteout, yay winter. For some reason I felt great with the super narrow stance, felt strong, sort of pain free (for me) and I went home and passed out on my couch for 2.5 hours. Oh the joy of retirement, you all should try it.

soldog,

then I have nothing left.

I guess my little illness was worse than I thought, weighed in at 294 today at the VA, the nurse pointed out that I had lost 22 lbs from my last weigh-in (November) congratulated me, did some mental math, looked alarmed and asked me if I was trying to lose weight, I said “Actually sort of the opposite” she laughed like I was joking, because really how many 315 lb’ers are trying to gain weight. They took my blood, I’m sure I have something non-fatal but horribly disfiguring. X-rays from my doc show no change in my ankle fusion, so I guess I am just a whiner, and I guess the screw was always poking through my skin. Got home to see that Zappos had delivered my size 14 Green Chucks Taylor low cuts, so I deadlifted.

Wed
Deads (Very Narrow stance, Hook Grip)- w-ups- 315x5, 365x5, 405x5, 455x5 (had to reset after each one due to weak ass grip) 495x2
BB Rows-225x12x11

Walked outside to a whiteout, yay winter. For some reason I felt great with the super narrow stance, felt strong, sort of pain free (for me) and I went home and passed out on my couch for 2.5 hours. Oh the joy of retirement, you all should try it.
[/quote]

maybe mj will share the position then…

very nice deads right after an illness like what you just had

Soldog,

I can only hope that he will share that role. Ty about the deads, I felt great and then I felt like I was dying, I guess that means they are working :slight_smile:

Thu 12/17

Bench- W-ups 275x3x3x3 (light recovery day)
OHP- W-Ups 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x3x3
D-Bell Hammer Curls- 70’sx8x8x8
Corkscrews- 45lb plate 15/15,15/15

That’s it all done, tomorrow is light Back Squats and 2-3 random exercises depending on how I feel.

So damned tired, went to the gym to do squats, 315 felt super heavy did a set of two and racked it, went to change the weights and realized I had misloaded and put 4 45’s on one side and 3 on the other, so the bizarre weight was explained. I dislike adversity so I went home where I will remain until Monday.

12/17/10

Squat -w/ups misload x2 go home no work sets

Green chucks. Forest green or kelly green? I love chucks.

22 lb. is a lot of weight to lose in a month without trying.

So funny reading about your squat misload with an extra 45. I had the same experience this past Monday with a 2.5 plate (yeah, one of those little “washers”) and I almost tipped over.

Nice dead’s after loosing weight! My lifts always drop by more then I’ve lost. And an illness on top… Damn.

Hope all goes well, and your hardware goes back where it belongs.

KP,

1. they are kelly green, low cut size 14’s, they look ridiculous but I now wear them everywhere (much to my wife’s chagrin).
  2. the weight loss is perplexing, but I will enjoy it as long as it is not tied to illness.
  3. misloading is a nightmare, I always feel like I have done something terrible to myself no matter how small the difference.

Null,

TY for the support, as far as losing weight and strength, I wouldn’t know since this is the first time I’ve really lost weight :), I tend to view my fatness as a constant, like the sun or Chia Pet commercials.

Sunday 12/19

I wasn’t going to the gym today but tomorrow is my sons’ birthday and he has apparently booked me for the whole day (bringing treats to school, doing lunch duty for his class, going to his b’day party in class etc.) and then birthday dinner at Friendly’s (because he is 6), so I went today.

Front Squat- w/ups-205x5,225x5,245x5,265x3x3
Deads Narrow Stance-w/ups-315x5,365x5,405x5,455x5x5,315x14 (was supposed to be a back off set but I wanted to see what I could do, I really need GPP work)

Staying away from chest for a week or more, worried that I tore something in/on/near my right pec or shoulder, redness, swelling, bruising etc. So it will be a week+ of deads, squats, cleans and so on, maybe even cardio.

they are kelly green, low cut size 14’s
[/quote]
My chucks are size 4!

Staying away from chest for a week or more, worried that I tore something in/on/near my right pec or shoulder, redness, swelling, bruising etc. So it will be a week+ of deads, squats, cleans and so on, maybe even cardio.[/quote]

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope it’s nothing serious.

KP,

It doesn’t appear to be serious because I benched today and nothing horrible happened (except for benching that is)

12/23/2010

Close Grip Bench- W/ups- 275x5, 315x5, 335x5, 345x3
Dips- 21, 15
DBell Curls- 80’s x8x8x8x8
OHP- W/ups-185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5, 275x2 (more of a pair of push jerks really, I had to since they weren’t moving otherwise)

After my workout I asked a man in the gym why he had a Swastika tattooed on him (I kind of knew the answer already), he told me to fuck off, I told him to enjoy the holidays, the high road beats getting stabbed 2 days before x-mas, but who knows what the future holds for any of us.

you are a big dude.

I love fucking with WP dudes. I have been doing it succesfully for almost 25 years. I had most of AN/those hammer dudes mad at me for several years. Just ask them simple questions and they get confused. It’s fun.