Old School Nintendo

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
son of liars wrote:
Why out of mario 1, 2, and 3 was #2 the weirdest? It seems like everyone creating the game was on acid or something…

#2 was actually a whole other game in Japan, they needed something to release in the US so they slapped mario and the princess over the original main characters and called it Mario bros 2. Mario 3 is actually the TRUE sequal.

The Lost Levels is SMB 2. SMB3 is SMB3[/quote]

Actually, there was a totally separate Lost Levels game that was released in Japan - they were freaking hard. Even that was better than the piece of shit known as SMB2.

[quote]pookie wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Can somebody post a link to a good emulator?

x3 but on a modified Xbox 1
How’d you modify it? I still have one.

The easiest way is to find someone in your city who’ll do it for you. Check Craigslist.

If you want to do it yourself, you need a few items:

• One of the hackable games: Splinter Cell, Mechassault or one of the James Bond games (I forget which one exactly). You need an original edition, as the bugs have been fixed in the “Platinum Hits” versions.

• You’ll need an Xbox memory card to put the hacked saved game on with a Linux bootloader.

• You’ll need a way to connect a Xbox controller to your PC. The memory card goes in the controller and you can then copy the 2 files to the memory card. I use a special USB adapter.

Getting all of the above cost me about 25$ total on Ebay, shipping included. The best part of doing it this way (called a “soft mod”) is that you can do any number of boxes (I’ve done 9 so far) without having to open them up. It’s also 100% reversible.

The modding part involved copying the 2 files (hacked save game file + Linux bootloader) to the hard disk, starting up the game and loading the hacked file. The Xbox crashes, the LED goes red and after a few seconds, a new dashboard comes up. You can then FTP to the box and install whatever you want (Xbox executables only of course).

I usually install the latest version of XBMC. Upgrading the hard drive is also a good move, since you can then copy games to it and run everything from the hdd. It’s not a requirement, but not having to get up to change games is a major plus, let me tell you. Even if you keep the original HDD, you can stream movies, music and photos from any PC on the network (using any numbers of protocols) and run games and emulators from DVDs.

Going from stock Xbox to a modded one with XBMC installed and booting up takes about 10 minutes.

Replacing the hard disk involves opening the case (obviously) and can be done in about one hour.
[/quote]

Thanks. I think I’ll go the Craigslist route as this doesn’t seem like too interesting of a DIY for me.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo on SNES I would love to playing right now, but the new HD Remix of it released on PS3 is getting ALL my attention, and NCAA Football 09 on Wii(yes on Wii, gameplay rules, everything else sucks)

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I tried last night; all in vein.

I tried the audio/video outs on the side and plugged them into my component input…nothing

I ran the ANT into the Nintendo Box/Plug Unit and from there into an RF adapter; then from the RF adapter I ran a Red/Yellow/White set into my other component…nothing.

I got pretty pissed off between it not working, millions of miles of wire, being next to the heater and all the TESTOSTERONE in my body…so I stopped and took a nap.[/quote]

You need to hook it into the COMPOSITE inputs on your TV. The red, yellow, and white ones. The nintendo is just mono sound so it only has a red and yellow jack. Just ignore the white jack on your TV.

OP it’s called an RF modulator.

Kirby and The Blob were awesome.

Tyson’s Punchout…booya.

Commando was the sh*t.

Contra!!!

It blows my mind that they could have voices playing in MIDI…Tecmo Bowl? Damn.

Magic Johnson’s Fast Break? Damn.