T Nation

Old School Flex Magazine Workouts

Thought these were funny… the clothes, the dialogue, classic.

Kevin Levrone/Shawn Ray do shoulders

Kevin Levrone/Shawn Ray do triceps

Side note: Anyone know where these guys went?

I know Levrone has now lost something like 60 pounds for doing movies. ie. Red Line - watched it, and boy is it lame.

What is Ray doing?

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
Thought these were funny… the clothes, the dialogue, classic.

Kevin Levrone/Shawn Ray do shoulders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZMnSNyDGBk&feature=PlayList&p=606DC9B4B17320A9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24

Kevin Levrone/Shawn Ray do triceps

Side note: Anyone know where these guys went?

I know Levrone has now lost something like 60 pounds for doing movies. ie. Red Line - watched it, and boy is it lame.

What is Ray doing?
[/quote]

Those outfits they are wearing make me lol.

I want an outfit like that! Make sexy times yes?

Hahahah yeah their hilarious aye. Weird how a lot of lifter wore/wear that shit. Ronnie Coleman wears a yellow and black suit ahahaha funny shit.

Answers to my q’s?

is this really what he looks like now Kevin Levrone? http://ricca509.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/kevin-street-walker.jpg

Was the movies the main reason he decided to lose the muscle? I mean shit he was Huge what happened :confused:

I know it is a lot of work keeping so much muscle, but I don’t know why you would allow such a career choice destroy so much…

Guys like that lose muscle because they want to, for whatever reason. Tired, of carrying it around, want to be normal, whatever. I guess Levrone is still acting and regular sized and Shawn Ray works for Muscular Development magazine and it seems like he recently got a larger role in articles, videos and contest coverage since John Romano and Dave Palumbo left. He looks like he still works out and is in decent shape, but not near when he competed. Like most pros.

I watched all of those and I envy that standing leg curl they had. I really want to use it, but I haven’t seen it in any gym, not even a huge Gold’s.

[quote]optheta wrote:
is this really what he looks like now Kevin Levrone? http://ricca509.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/kevin-street-walker.jpg

Was the movies the main reason he decided to lose the muscle? I mean shit he was Huge what happened :confused: [/quote]

He started eating like a normal person again, went off gear (not that that really matters anyway…
Eat nothing, be nothing [muscle-wise] ), after some time probably stopped training completely (he still had some size in his movies I believe, but then went back to looking completely average for some comedy show or whatever… Dunno what he’s doing/looking like atm).

Might want to check his website… If it’s still around.

[quote]forevernade wrote:
I know it is a lot of work keeping so much muscle, but I don’t know why you would allow such a career choice destroy so much…[/quote]

Levrone, once he got up to pro-size the first time, pretty much stopped training… And only resumed several months before the next olympia… Got up to size due to muscle memory, and maybe added a few lbs extra… And then, after the O, he stopped training/eating big again… Rinse and repeat until he got tired of competing.

He was never one of the guys who are really into the whole iron game imo (like Ronnie), otherwise he’d have stayed big during the off-season/tried to add more mass.

I want those workout clothes.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
I want those workout clothes.[/quote]

I saw those bigass 80’s neon color parachute pants being sold at Venice Beach.

how much were they going for artem?

[quote]crod266 wrote:
how much were they going for artem? [/quote]

no idea - I wasn’t gonna buy them. I can’t imagine them being too much though. There were tons, and the bodybuilding shirts were like $5.

straight out of the fuckin jail house haha