Old School EAS Supplements

The green stuff-clarity thing was Neurogain. A mix of St. John’s wort, DMAE, and a few other things I recall.

The andro product was Andro-6. I think it had andro, chrysin, beta indole, DHEA, trib and one more ingredient.

Anyways, those good old days were pretty cool. Compared to Muscle & Fitness and Ironman at the time, MM2K openly discussed steroid use, gave steroid profiles in the back of each mag, Duchaine’s column had all types of drug advice and BodyOpus stuff, etc. That magazine was really the shit then. When all the prohormones first started coming out around this time, I remember a few of us “stacked” Andro-6, Osmo’s new product (Andro 50 I think it was called) and some Clomid I had a script for from my doc (I learned about Clomid from none other than MM2K). I may be looking back thru “rose-colored goggles” but we got results.

Yeah, I tried all EAS products it seemed like. I bought it hook, line and sinker but oh well. At the time, we were taking cutting edge supps from EAS, reading an entertaining/educating mag in MM2K, and trying all those new programs like that ABCDE. I got my first exposure to Poliquin in MM2K as well as Will Brink who had some solid tips. Of course, TC as well.

Like someone said above, I tend to think that old school EAS/MM2K really did pave the way for Biotest. The parallels between the two are many.

Good times indeed. Cool post.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
When I mentioned ‘old school’ I was talking about 1997-1999.
[/quote]

I did the full EAS line of stuff along with following the workouts in the Body-for-Life book. That, the Supplement Review, and a Gold’s Gym Mass Building Training and Nutrition System book was my start into bodybuilding. The EAS stuff worked really well for me. I still remember the reaction my girlfriend (then-girlfriend, now wife) had when she hadn’t seen me for a couple of months since I had started.

It got her and her family started into doing the BFL program and taking the EAS supplements too. They did it as a family, and they all got great results off the stuff. Later on down the line, the stuff got too expensive for them, so they went cheap with whatever “similar” products were available at Costco / Walmart and eventually fell off the train.

I worked at a GNC part time in college as well. I rmember trying vanadyle and creatine. The Andro stuff back then was expensive for my pocket book. I did like myoplex. That was too long ago for me to remember how it worked. I didnt even know EAS was still around. no one talks about them any more.