Old School Arnold Deadlifting Pic

Oh, I didn’t mean to say that no one else can total what Arnold did at that age.

I was questioning whether the poster’s claim of already being stronger was based on legal raw lifts; it later started to seem that it was based on lifts that hadn’t happened yet.

As a guess, for every 19 year old that posts on the Internet that he is stronger than 1430 total raw and who actually is, there has to be at least one or two for which that is not exactly the case. Thus, my question as to whether he’d actually competed, and my congratulations if the figures were in fact real.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Oh, I didn’t mean to say that no one else can total what Arnold did at that age.

I was questioning whether the poster’s claim of already being stronger was based on legal raw lifts; it later started to seem that it was based on lifts that hadn’t happened yet.

As a guess, for every 19 year old that posts on the Internet that he is stronger than 1430 total raw and who actually is, there has to be at least one or two for which that is not exactly the case. Thus, my question as to whether he’d actually competed, and my congratulations if the figures were in fact real.[/quote]

Good point. There are probably more than one or two though.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:
Does that deadlift say 616 or 516? cause his squat is 440…so im guessing 516…but it could be 616.
Anyways I’m 19 and lifted more than arnold at 19…which must mean…i’m going to eventually b better than arnold?

hahaha i know you’re probably kidding. in the case that you aren’t: everyone knows body builders aren’t strong compared to power lifters. i know some weak ass dudes that are JACKED and smaller guys under 200 that can put up some freakin unbelievable amount of weight.

No, you do not know any weak ass dudes who are truly, “jacked”.[/quote]

i know dudes that can only bench 300, squat 400 and dead not even 5… that’s pretty fuckin weak in power lifting terms buddy…these dudes are jacked.

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:
Does that deadlift say 616 or 516? cause his squat is 440…so im guessing 516…but it could be 616.
Anyways I’m 19 and lifted more than arnold at 19…which must mean…i’m going to eventually b better than arnold?

hahaha i know you’re probably kidding. in the case that you aren’t: everyone knows body builders aren’t strong compared to power lifters. i know some weak ass dudes that are JACKED and smaller guys under 200 that can put up some freakin unbelievable amount of weight.

No, you do not know any weak ass dudes who are truly, “jacked”.

i know dudes that can only bench 300, squat 400 and dead not even 5… that’s pretty fuckin weak in power lifting terms buddy…these dudes are jacked.
[/quote]

Pics please. I think your definition of jacked is skewed.

No one cares if bodybuilders of the same weight are weak compared to power lifters of the same weight, that is irrelevant. My point is that a person who is truly “jacked” as you say is not weak. The fact that you are even comparing bodybuilders to power lifters in this way just tells me you are a noob.

Just because someone has a bit of muscle and a low bodyfat does not make them jacked.

If you don’t believe my strength Bill Roberts…why don’t you just click my profile and check my vids out?
I have competed in powerlifting before…2 times. I also won in highschool best lifter.
In fact…the other night I did high rep squats I got 365x15, and 90 seconds later 315x13…I woulda did 15 but I saved some for the tank…cause I had to do 4 sets (curently doing the BBB program).

I’ll be shooting for 405x15 once I’m done my ramp phase and go into supergrowth. I have done 405x10 before but that was with a belt.
All my lifting is done beltless now.
I haven’t competed in powerlifting in a long time. Perhaps down the road I will…I always go legal depth. Right now I’m still into the muay thai a lot, and want to focus more on my boxing…been doin it for over a year. and actually took a year off of lifting to train…and only now am starting to get back into seriosuly lifting weights.

315x13 90 seconds later.

Damn. Fuck dude lol.

anyways Bill…I’ll b sure to post that 405x15 video for you too.
I am making a lot more progress not doin muay thai as much either. Although I will still b training muay thai 3x a week.
I’m just in debate what to do with myself…compete in fighting…but I am 5’9 so i gotta cut some weight because durin my current bulk I want to bulk until 220. But I cannot fight at 220 at 5’9.

My second muay thai fight I fought a guy 6’5…he broke the cartlidge in the front of my nose in the 1st round with his jabs. luckily for me my boxing skills were better than his, and 2nd round I slipped his punches and countered with big hooks and right hands for a good close KO by him. He was wobbling all over the place and the ref has to stop and give him a standing 8 count. The fight was stopped then because my nose was bleeding.
I had no bloodwork paperwork. Fight over.
Anyways enough ranting by me lol

Actually I’m not done…simply it’d b better for me to fight in the 180’s. But even 40lbs to cut is A LOT.
Also the guys are much older in that division…most young guys arent very heavy…so I’m usually fighting guys well into their 20’s…the guy I fought was 29, and I was 18.

Although in my eyes it was a victory for me and the crowd although he was up on points in the first round, I went all out in the 2nd round and dominated heavily with big punches.
Anyways I’m just very confused wht to do in regards to training…so I’m just lifting heavy shit and throwin some bombs lol.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
If you don’t believe my strength Bill Roberts…why don’t you just click my profile and check my vids out?[/quote]

I thought I asked you very politely. Was there something rude in how I asked?

Did you find it rude that I said congratulations if you do have these lifts raw?

As for why I didn’t click on your profile, surely it would have been easier for you to answer the polite question than for me to be clicking on the profile of everybody and checking to see if by chance there are videos.

Actually I still don’t know if your raw total is higher than Arnold’s was at 19… you haven’t been clear on that and your followup post talked about “closing in.” So what was a person supposed to think from that? For all a person might know, your initial statement of being stronger than Arnold was in that competition might have been based on your misreading his DL as being 100 lb lighter than it was. A very short sentence, rather than all this, could have made everything clear, but you didn’t provide it.

Thanks for posting the videos – very impressive lifts, congrats!

lol I’m sorry Bill I acutally didn’t mean to sound rude at all…I’m juts very hot in my house, no A/C…hungry…and just agitated all over. You did ask really nicely and I was too upfront for no reason.

Sorry I have benched 390, squatted 500, and deadlifted 500. so that is 1390 exactly.
Right now though I am stronger than that but haven’t been doing any maxes…just from numbers I know what I can hit. I will be hitting 405 bench, 15lbs to go and am feeling liek I can definaetly get it. but I cannot test maxes for at least another 5 weeks. Squat 525, and deadlift 525. If I can deadlift 525 conventional…I can do more…but that is sumo…Not really wide sumo though, I prefer the modified sumo stance…similar to Ed Coan’s. I feel strongest in this position…just working on conv. deads and squats hard raise my sumo deadlift no matter what. Also though how much can a powerlifting belt aid me…I do have one…but it is just way to big…I’m looking to get a 13mm…by the sounds of it people get more out of a PL belt…and if I were to compete I’m guessing I should probably get one lol.
Also anything I can squat…I can duplicate in the deadlift conv. (if my low back is fresh).
Again…you didn’t deserve for me to be upfront like that lol…it’s just me.

DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:

No one cares if bodybuilders of the same weight are weak compared to power lifters of the same weight, that is irrelevant. My point is that a person who is truly “jacked” as you say is not weak. The fact that you are even comparing bodybuilders to power lifters in this way just tells me you are a noob.

Just because someone has a bit of muscle and a low bodyfat does not make them jacked.[/quote]

i guess defining the term weak is pretty relative. i don’t think you’d disagree that there are bodybuilders that compete at 185 and are considered JACKED. yes, BB’s are stronger than the average joe, but in the weight lifting world a lot of them would be considered weak. BB’s may be STRONG in your book…i’ve just got a different perception of what impressive numbers are. and no i don’t have any pictures of these dudes i train with on my computer…that’d be super creepy and kinda homosexual. if you’re talkin about me … don’t have a digitial camera but i’m 185 lbs bench 300 squat 405 and know i could pull super close to 500. i don’t consider my numbers to be impressive at all btw. i’ve got a family member who hit the world record on bench for 63 year olds years ago at 495 raw…that’s impressive.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
lol I’m sorry Bill I acutally didn’t mean to sound rude at all…I’m juts very hot in my house, no A/C…hungry…and just agitated all over. You did ask really nicely and I was too upfront for no reason.

Sorry I have benched 390, squatted 500, and deadlifted 500. so that is 1390 exactly.
Right now though I am stronger than that but haven’t been doing any maxes…just from numbers I know what I can hit. I will be hitting 405 bench, 15lbs to go and am feeling liek I can definaetly get it. but I cannot test maxes for at least another 5 weeks. Squat 525, and deadlift 525. If I can deadlift 525 conventional…I can do more…but that is sumo…Not really wide sumo though, I prefer the modified sumo stance…similar to Ed Coan’s. I feel strongest in this position…just working on conv. deads and squats hard raise my sumo deadlift no matter what. Also though how much can a powerlifting belt aid me…I do have one…but it is just way to big…I’m looking to get a 13mm…by the sounds of it people get more out of a PL belt…and if I were to compete I’m guessing I should probably get one lol.
Also anything I can squat…I can duplicate in the deadlift conv. (if my low back is fresh).
Again…you didn’t deserve for me to be upfront like that lol…it’s just me.

[/quote]

No problems at all on your response, it was fine. All I had meant by my reply was not that I was bothered, but that I really didn’t mean it like a dick.

I agree: given your specifics above, and the fact that you do know what is powerlifting legal having competed, it’s fair to say that you are now stronger than Arnold was in that meet at the same age.

That’s great lifting. And given you have accomplished it so early, obviously there’s even better to come!

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:

Just because someone has a bit of muscle and a low bodyfat does not make them jacked.

i guess defining the term weak is pretty relative. i don’t think you’d disagree that there are bodybuilders that compete at 185 and are considered JACKED. yes, BB’s are stronger than the average joe, but in the weight lifting world a lot of them would be considered weak. BB’s may be STRONG in your book…i’ve just got a different perception of what impressive numbers are. and no i don’t have any pictures of these dudes i train with on my computer…that’d be super creepy and kinda homosexual. if you’re talkin about me … don’t have a digitial camera but i’m 185 lbs bench 300 squat 405 and know i could pull super close to 500. i don’t consider my numbers to be impressive at all btw. i’ve got a family member who hit the world record on bench for 63 year olds years ago at 495 raw…that’s impressive. [/quote]

Except for the few genetic freaks or shorter guys, say 5’5 or so, I would not consider anyone who is 185 to be jacked. I personally would use the term shredded. But these are just semantics.

Anyways, generally speaking the strongest guys will have the best physiques, it’s just a function of diet.

Also, DK 14 you fit the bill of these so called jacked guys with a 3/4/5 total, do you consider yourself jacked?

DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:

i guess defining the term weak is pretty relative. i don’t think you’d disagree that there are bodybuilders that compete at 185 and are considered JACKED. yes, BB’s are stronger than the average joe, but in the weight lifting world a lot of them would be considered weak. BB’s may be STRONG in your book…i’ve just got a different perception of what impressive numbers are. and no i don’t have any pictures of these dudes i train with on my computer…that’d be super creepy and kinda homosexual. if you’re talkin about me … don’t have a digitial camera but i’m 185 lbs bench 300 squat 405 and know i could pull super close to 500. i don’t consider my numbers to be impressive at all btw. i’ve got a family member who hit the world record on bench for 63 year olds years ago at 495 raw…that’s impressive.

Except for the few genetic freaks or shorter guys, say 5’5 or so, I would not consider anyone who is 185 to be jacked. I personally would use the term shredded. But these are just semantics.

Anyways, generally speaking the strongest guys will have the best physiques, it’s just a function of diet. [/quote]
you don’t consider george st. pierre to be jacked??? dude weighs 170 and to me is jacked. there are plenty of guys that fight middle weight MMA at 185 that most would say are JACKED. again since you almost got a 100 pounds on these dudes you may not view them as JACKED…

Also, DK 14 you fit the bill of these so called jacked guys with a 3/4/5 total, do you consider yourself jacked?[/quote]

dude i aint gonna lie man i looking fuckin good naked, but wouldn’t consider myself jacked…YET. hahah

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Also, DK 14 you fit the bill of these so called jacked guys with a 3/4/5 total, do you consider yourself jacked?

dude i aint gonna lie man i looking fuckin good naked, but wouldn’t consider myself jacked…YET. hahah[/quote]

lol!

And yah as for GSP, I don’t consider him jacked. It’s just a matter of perception.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
i have never seen a pic of him deadlifting so here you go[/quote]

710 deadlift nice, I did not realise he was that strong.

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:

Anyways, generally speaking the strongest guys will have the best physiques, it’s just a function of diet.
you don’t consider george st. pierre to be jacked??? dude weighs 170 and to me is jacked. there are plenty of guys that fight middle weight MMA at 185 that most would say are JACKED. again since you almost got a 100 pounds on these dudes you may not view them as JACKED…
[/quote]

There are some very big WW’s and MW’s (Thiago Alves, Nate Marquardt, Hector Lombard) but they weigh in after dehydrating themselves and shredding down to very low bf levels.