T Nation

Old School Arnold Deadlifting Pic

i have never seen a pic of him deadlifting so here you go

Pretty badass IMO.

I do believe that was in his autobio, Arnold: Education of a Bodybuilder. It has some other awesome pics as well. Also an inspiring read.

BFA picture. Arnold is the man.

:slightly_smiling:

Still the King in my book.

I've seen pics of him lifting Stones. I think the story goes along the lines of how he got Franco into Bodybuidling, and Franco got him into Stone Lifting (a big thing in Europe? -lol)

S

I have not seen those before. The photo that seems very common is of him preparing to lift, where he is facing to the left and wearing a tank top.

While Arnold ended competing in powerlifting well before reaching his maximum strength, does anyone have his highest figures in competition for the 3 lifts?

Does that deadlift say 616 or 516? cause his squat is 440..so im guessing 516..but it could be 616.
Anyways I'm 19 and lifted more than arnold at 19..which must mean..i'm going to eventually b better than arnold?

We can't afford cars :wink:.

I liked it back when the only real difference between being a BBer and a PLer was contest diet.

Such an inspiration. In my opinion Arnolds enthusiasm and ego if you will is the greatest inspiration to me. The mind game that goes on in sport is so important. Also very embarrassed that I'm the same age as he is there and can't lift anywhere near the amount.

You've totalled over 1430 raw at a PL meet? At age 19?

Congratulations if so!

Gotta love it.

I also love how he appears to be using almost exclusively lower back in his DL. Awesome.

hahaha i know you're probably kidding. in the case that you aren't: everyone knows body builders aren't strong compared to power lifters. i know some weak ass dudes that are JACKED and smaller guys under 200 that can put up some freakin unbelievable amount of weight.

No, you do not know any weak ass dudes who are truly, "jacked".

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
rasturai wrote:
Does that deadlift say 616 or 516? cause his squat is 440..so im guessing 516..but it could be 616.
Anyways I'm 19 and lifted more than arnold at 19..which must mean..i'm going to eventually b better than arnold?

hahaha i know you're probably kidding. in the case that you aren't: everyone knows body builders aren't strong compared to power lifters. i know some weak ass dudes that are JACKED and smaller guys under 200 that can put up some freakin unbelievable amount of weight.

if (i_know_you_are_kidding) {
boolean i_dont_believe_you = true;
} else {
boolean i_now_agree_with_you = (((i_know_some_dudes.getStrength() == "weak ass") && jacked) && ((i_know_some_smaller_dudes.getWeight() < 200) &&
(i_know_some_smaller_dudes.getAmountOfWeightLifted() == "freakin unbelieveable"))
}

Damn man soon I'll b STRONGER than arnold..I'm closin in ont hat 405 bench, gonna squat over 500 now, but deadlift he's got me. I wear no belt either. Last time I maxed was a long time ago..500. But I'm training back to conv. now..I am much stronger sumo..but conv. just got shitty mechains for it. I'm built much more for squatting, leg and torso wise. My arms are good reach for my height (5'9).

But I am kidding that I'll be more than Arnold haha I highly doubt that. Plus I am too short..maybe Franco Columbo?
And bodybuilders are pretty damn strong man lol What you think all those muscles came from lifting 15lb dumbells? and Doin 100 rep sets of leg extensions? don't think so man lol.

You do realize that very much over that 1430 total -- specifically 1476 -- would have you classifying Master in raw powerlifting, at age 19?

Have you actually competed? At first you were already stronger than what Arnold did in that meet, whereas now you'll soon be and you're closing in and so forth, so I'm really not sure?

When I was 19 I had a 465 squat, 650 deadlift and ~330lb. bench. It must be more along the lines of where you end up and not how much you do as a teen that counts. Arnold eventually benched over 500, squatted over 6 and deadlifted over 7. I have yet to hit those numbers, despite the fact that we had some similarity's in strength early on.