Old Meathead Race to Pull 500

Can I play too?
Bit nervous about my back but it should be fine.

yeah boys!!!

failed at 465 today…what a puss, serves me right no camera no belt no nuthing, yes excuses.

Hmm, deadlift 500? Let’s see . . . . it took 3 years to get my lift from 225 to 255. Another year to get to 275. A couple of months later, 285. So at this rate it should take no more than (taps calculator) . . . . four years to reach 500.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

alright Cav is in too.

Matty maybe you need teh creatinze

All right, just be warned, I wear really loose knee sleeves to keep my shitty knees warm. They’ve added fuck all to my pulling but I’ll leave that up to the judges. If I have to I’ll lose them for any 500 attempt.

can great big fat guys that take lots of time off play? I’m still hoping to hit 500 by year’s end.

ALL WELCOME!

Looking forward to seeing this comp, Pete if ya need help judging i’ll take a side chair, maybe we could get a third. Kmcnyc i think you would of gotten called on lockout
Good luck, this is going to be fun

Now that the rules are posted I can reveal my ultimate plan to pass you all: bacon and grits.

How do you like that suckers!

No, no, no! We already established on Strick’s thread that boiled peanuts and grits are the secret.

I’m in.

I will not be participating based on the grounds that I am a skinny bee-atch. Though I will be enviously watching from the sidelines and hurling inappropriate sexual harassment at all parties.

BTW, if I succeed in pulling 400 before any of you monsters pulls 500 you will all be SHAMED!

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
I will not be participating based on the grounds that I am a skinny bee-atch. Though I will be enviously watching from the sidelines and hurling inappropriate sexual harassment at all parties.

BTW, if I succeed in pulling 400 before any of you monsters pulls 500 you will all be SHAMED![/quote]

HEY! I’m only at 194 right now and on the elevator down. I expect to be in the 180’s (maybe even 170’s) when I succeed!

[quote]Canada_K wrote:

BTW, if I succeed in pulling 400 before any of you monsters pulls 500 you will all be SHAMED![/quote]

Bah half the guys in this are under 200. Now jump in.

Damn uppity Canadians…

[quote]cavalier wrote:
No, no, no! We already established on Strick’s thread that boiled peanuts and grits are the secret.[/quote]

EXACTLY!

Since I have a medium frame, can I join in?

I am joking, of course. Besides having hit it ONCE, my wife would shoot me if I tried to pull 500#.

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Looking forward to seeing this comp, Pete if ya need help judging i’ll take a side chair, maybe we could get a third. Kmcnyc i think you would of gotten called on lockout
Good luck, this is going to be fun[/quote]

Please do take a side chair, I might be a corrupt, inconsistnant, and occasionally inebriated judge. I learn from where I compete:) need someone to balance out my calls.

(actually APF does have some mostly solid judging these days).

German
Thanks that is the kind of advice i need most

And Scric if your medium I’m minuscule

Petes no one said you had to judge sober
Can we use this thread as aLaunching board for accessory and technique advice?

And what is the dress clad for pulling is EliteFTS beanie mandatory?.

[quote]Canada_K wrote:

Too late, Kent! I tried explaining it would take me years to get there and they grabbed and pulled me in anyway. There’s no escape! Once you post, you’re part of it.

And Strick, we’ll make this a fair fight. You overhead press 500 and we’ll lift 500.

[quote]PeteS wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Good luck, this is going to be fun[/quote]

Please do take a side chair, I might be a corrupt, inconsistnant, and occasionally inebriated judge. I learn from where I compete:) need someone to balance out my calls.

(actually APF does have some mostly solid judging these days). [/quote]

Esteemed judges can I ask what angle we should shoot the vids from? because from the front you can count the plates easily but not see lockout well, whereas from the side you can judge lockout better but not see the plates?