Quit calling him an old man fuckers.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Here he did 41 reps with 315 on DL:

[/quote]

Awesome!

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
this dude is off the hook.

[/quote]

Just proves that strength is a skill like any other. He can get away with it because he’s been doing it for years and has some way of accommodating it, either naturally or not. Otherwise he would have had a career-ending injury and been out of the picture.

Question is not if he can do this after working up to it over a couple of decades, but if he can understand why other people probably shouldn’t try it that way.

Oh, I think the take away point is that people get enchanted with their own success and might not be able to see past it. It is his lack of critical thinking about training that makes him a danger to anyone he advises.

– jj

he looks and talks like such a douchebag. hes old and fat and ugly looking, but god damn it hes strong.

[quote]humanimal wrote:
Short Hoss wrote:
Here he did 41 reps with 315 on DL:

Is he drinking coke in between reps in this video?[/quote]

I think that’s beer. That’s how I wanna be when I’m 60.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
hes 49, i dont see how that makes him old[/quote]

he dresses like someone who just gave up on caring about appearance, he has gray hair, and a pot belly, he just looks “old”.

I’ve come to know Zen pretty well over the past few years (he’s a regular on my forum). Zen is eccentric and very stubborn, no doubt about that, but he’s extremely strong and a fucking genius. When I say “genius” I don’t mean he’s merely “very smart”; he is ridiculously smart.

Some of his methods are unorthodox, and I don’t always agree with what he does, but he’s been doing this for a long time and his methods obviously work very well for him.

[quote]John Stone wrote:
I’ve come to know Zen pretty well over the past few years (he’s a regular on my forum). Zen is eccentric and very stubborn, no doubt about that, but he’s extremely strong and a fucking genius. When I say “genius” I don’t mean he’s merely “very smart”; he is ridiculously smart.

Some of his methods are unorthodox, and I don’t always agree with what he does, but he’s been doing this for a long time and his methods obviously work very well for him.
[/quote]

What forum is that?

[quote]humanimal wrote:
He wears Crocs leg pressing:

.[/quote]

Anyone else notice his crocs don’t match?

this dude is off the hook.

His back patio looks like it could be an awesome place to train. Although, his neighbors must think he is off his rocker. Way to be That Guy.

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
You can tell the former hippies quite easily.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA

John Stone wrote:

What forum is that?[/quote]

Check out Johnstonefitness.com

He’s done an impressive job of sorting out his life/body and fitness and catalogued it all in a pretty top notch website.

The guy is borderline crazy though… he took photos of himself everyday for years to measure his progress! His work ethic and dedication are impressive.

I have to admit it as much as I hate the fawning post I just wrote: JS has done more to inspire me towards my goals than anyone, and more than he will ever know.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
DickBag wrote:
hes 49, i dont see how that makes him old

he dresses like someone who just gave up on caring about appearance, he has gray hair, and a pot belly, he just looks “old”.

so hes not old then

would you prefer it if he wore nike runners, jelled his hair and had abz

[/quote]

he’s old. maybe to the general populous he isnt considered “old” but in the world of iron and bodybuilding yes, that is old. if he played football he would be considered ancient, if he played golf or ran for president he would be young.