Old & Lost

I was kind of reluctant to post but I will never get ahead if I don’t start getting some feed back help or just a kick in the ass.
I am 39 yrs old haven’t worked out in 15 yrs. I used to be one of those people who would never gain a pound. I used a weight gain to get from 119lbs to 150lbs and benched 215 lbs.

Then got married and then FAT. But I kept my muscle size but gained alot more body fat.

I have alot of questions but I will only ask a few (hoping to get a response).

Are Biogenetix products a rip off and do they actually work?

Should I just be concentrating on eating better diet and the suppliments later?

I used the Biogenetics diet and it seemed like a alot of food. So much I always seemed full.

Thats all I have for now.
Should I be posting in over 35 lifter?

[quote]JemJem wrote:
Should I just be concentrating on eating better diet and the suppliments later?

Thats all I have for now.
Should I be posting in over 35 lifter?[/quote]

I don’t know about the company in question, but yes, you should be concentrating on fixing your diet and nutrition habits.

No matter who’s products you take, if you are stuffing your face with beer and pizza all the time, it won’t make any damned difference at all.

Read some of the nutritional articles on this site. Find the authors link on the left and start with Berardi. Perhaps, in the beginning, read the article talking about the “7 habits”.

While you are implementing that, keep reading and keep asking questions, but read up first, people get uppity if your questions are answered in all the common articles.

It doesn’t matter if you post here or in the over 35 area. You’ll probably get the same advice. By posting in the beginners area you are likely to have people be gentler in their advice… and perhaps provide a bit more detailed advice.

However, at the same time, smarten the heck up, fix your diet, start getting some exercise into your routine, and stop looking for a magic pill to do all the work for you.

It doesn’t exist!

Later, once you do have things under control, you may decide to invest in supplements to aid in your progress… but you must already be going in the right direction.

Now, get to work…