Old-Ish, Round-Ish, Weak-Ish

My Vitals

6 ft
321 lbs
BF % ? (One more question I don’t want the answer too)

So I used to post here, I used to work out, I used to do a lot of things, now I mostly watch TV, engage in late night snacking (as well as late morning, late afternoon and early late evening snacking), and generally whittle away my time by not exercising or being in any way productive. I am retired so I have a lot of free time, something that would seem conducive to exercising but in fact allows me the opportunity to procrastinate just long enough to make exercise something I will do tomorrow, well now tomorrow is here (though I understand technically it is today, I mean tomorrow in the metaphorical way of being a time someday in the future that has actually arrived and is now the present.)

I stopped lifting last August after an injury that my doctor “cured” with a Morphine prescription. Since that point my BMI has remained constant, however the way in which it is distributed has …shifted. Today (the actual today, not the metaphorical tomorrow today) I have started lifting again and at the ripe old age of 47 (or 48 depending on the date and how long it takes me to write this) I have a goal in mind to maybe find that old physique I had in the Army or at least something that could pass for a guy that knew a guy that was in the Army. Today went like this:

I did

Cleans- bar, 135x3, 165x3, 185x3x3x3

Snatch Grip Deadlifts- 275x5 x5 x5

Curls - 115 x8 x8 x8

Band Pushdowns- A Bunch

Shrugs- 365x8 x8 x8 Overhand Grip

Tomorrow I will do some other stuff unless this makes me really sore.

Hmm…I haven’t been around here nearly so long as some, but I can recall only one former poster who wrote this engagingly and was this strong when in an essentially untrained state…

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
Hmm…I haven’t been around here nearly so long as some, but I can recall only one former poster who wrote this engagingly and was this strong when in an essentially untrained state…[/quote]
Yep. Me too. Engaging writers are few and far between.

Mr. Dentist, Fraulein Snap,

On advice of counsel I can neither confirm nor deny that I am the person you are mentioning (mainly because I’m not sure) but I will see if I can clarify if I am Brian or not, unless it was someone else.

I think it might be me.
Although that indicates a level of ego that I am not comfortable expressing externally.

Starting back strong. Get after that ass.

[quote]PonyWhisperer wrote:

On advice of counsel I can neither confirm nor deny that I am the person you are mentioning (mainly because I’m not sure) but I will see if I can clarify if I am Brian or not, unless it was someone else.[/quote]

Brian? Who the hell is ‘Brian’? I thought you were Stephen King. (That guy can pull.) My bad.

Trying to remember how to bench just look at that awesome leg drive

Well your new alter ego idea lasted all of one post! Damn that eyedentist is quick, I bet he’s no fun to watch Murder she wrote with.

You are awesomely strong to be able to bench that much while performing a supine human flag.

Glad you are back.

Farmer,

Yes it was a supine human flag not a video-ing error, good catch and you are right to be impressed my core strength is prodigious

So I was sore but I worked out anyway since that is what I planned to do. I clearly didn’t video that set to impress anyone, just to prove that I am actually back attempting to mimic lifting. I am not sure if I mentioned that I was sore, but I was so…

Bench- Bar, 135, 225, 275, 325 x7 x9 x5 2nd work set felt much easier, third felt like a suicide attempt

Squat- 135, 225, 275, 325, 405, 455, 495x3 x3 x6 The last one sort of got away from me I started thinking “Ten” but at five I reassessed to “Six” I am sure tomorrow I will get stuck on a toilet or something and need firemen to get me to safety.

Love the humor here.

Here’s my son doing a true human flag. Ahh, youth.

Sorry that picture is so big. Jeez. What a log hijack.

Snap,

That flag is pretty impressive, were I to try that, both myself and probably that tree would be on the ground in a pile.

Today

Cried a bit when I woke up, my legs hurt kind of a lot. I also DID get trapped on the toilet, eventually just rocked and fell forward on to the floor before low crawling to my living room, this ate up some time and elevated my heart rate, I called it cardio and checked it off my list.

Snatches- bar, bar, 95, 135x3, 155x3, 135x3 x3

Deadlifts (to get the blood flowing) - 135, 225, 275, 315, 365, 405, 455, 505x3

Curls- bar, 115x8 x8 x8

Laid on floor to do abs, fell asleep.

This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. There is a WNPF meet on June 13 that I might shoot for , however my 20th wedding anniversary is that same week (the 10th) I’m sure that will result in me getting screwed out of the meet, but I am going to try to celebrate early and call this my gift to me.

I don’t know who you are or where you come from , but I fear for that Pony !! …and stop he toilet abuse . its harassment in the work place ya know? !! good luck with meet …ahh…ahh… I mean anniversary!

For your amusement the worlds worst clean plus I did them sideways so they are really hard

Today

Awful Cleans - Bar, 135, 155, 180x3, 205x3, 225x3

Deadlifts- 305, 325, 345, 365, 385, 405, 425, 445 did 1 rep added 20# did 1 rep added 20# no rest, my conditioning is sub par

Band Pushdown- Bunch

Ice Cream

Really sore today, shoulder hurts wah, wah, wah. Tomorrow I will try to bench 335x10 on the mistaken assumption that I have now “woken up” my muscles. This post is really the preamble to an elaborate suicide attempt.

ahh dude your self depricating humor is sorely missed. Its ironic because your so effing strong, like calling a Mastiff Tiny. Stick around this time.

Stay gold pony boy.

oh if you really want to see some shitty cleans Ill tape mine lol.

Matty,

Thanks, I’m clearly not going anywhere as I lack the necessary motivation to do something as simple as give up.

Today

I took a few days off since my shoulder hurt and I think I have a sinus infection, I really did nothing to rectify either situation so today my shoulder still hurt and I still have a sinus infection, but I lifted anyway, the result, my shoulder hurts more and so does my head, tomorrow I squat and deadlift, maybe do some cleans, and I guarantee I will feel worse.

Bench- bar, 135, 225, 275, 335x7 x6 x5 I had more reps in me, but my Tin Man situation held me back

Curls- bar, bar, 115x8 x8 x8

Called it on account of sucking.

quitting is actually a shit ton of work.

much better to blunder along.
appreciate your prose- good to see you back

[quote]PonyWhisperer wrote:

On advice of counsel I can neither confirm nor deny that I am the person you are mentioning (mainly because I’m not sure) but I will see if I can clarify if I am Brian or not, unless it was someone else.[/quote]

Sure looks like Brian’s prose. Seem to remember only a couple posters who made a training log must see TV…Brian and Harry (hel320). Harry’s gotta be upper 50s.

Pony, how many hands tall are you? And how many stone do you weigh?

Welcome back! Looking forward to see the progress.