Okay, had an impromptu stone loading workout today, courtesy of tearing out the old stone slab in my back yard while breaking ground for a new deck.
So, a few thousand lbs of rocks broken loose, dug out and loaded into the wheelbarrow and moved to their temporary storage location. They’re destined to become a new stone paver walkway to our front door, after I redo the front porch.
The one stone I took a picture of in the wheelbarrow, I did some rough math for the weight/cubic foot of limestone, and it comes out to about 175#. It’s also shaped almost perfectly like a small Husafell stone, so I think I’m going to keep it. I’ll just have to be careful setting it down, since limestone isn’t the strongest, and I actually broke one of the large flat pavers setting it down.
I could have made this a serious workout and carried all the stones to their staging area, but since I’m actually trying to accomplish something in a reasonable time, I decided to go for efficiency instead.