T Nation

Old Guy Trying to Get Lean for T-ransformation2019

t-ransformation2019

Good purchase!

I will be trying out Amazon’s wardrobe option. After seeing all the talk about jeans for squatters I couldn’t resist trying some Levi 541 Athletic Stretch jeans. I have no idea what size will fit so I ordered three pair in two sizes: 35x36 and a 34x38. The 38" inseam is in the big and tall section and the 35" waist isn’t an option. I’m wearing a 36" waist now and I have tons of extra material now that I’ve lost weight. I even carry a gun inside the waist band. But with my luck the 34’s will be skin tight and the 35x36 will be too short and I’ll have to send them all back :laughing:

I get a week to try them on and send back what I want. If I don’t return them then they charge me for what I keep. I’d say that’s a pretty cool feature for someone like me. No store carries my size anymore so it’s all online shopping and pickup in store to save on shipping.

Pizza night ballooned me to 192.1. You’ve moved into the lead!!!

I think I’m going to get a weight vest to do my cardio / track work with.

A one-day blip doesn’t mean you suddenly gained lbs of fat, you’ll bounce back quickly. For some reason all the Mexican food I’ve eaten in the last week hasn’t affected me that badly, I’m managing to keep the portions in check.

Oh yeah. I’ve always used ‘cheats’ to drive progress. I’m a believer that they are necessary, as I typically diet more on the extreme side.

I managed to cheat some today, and still kept my calories under target!

3/10/19 Food for today

Breakfast: Shake = 1 cup whole milk, 1 large egg, 1 scoop quick oats, 1 1/2 scoop protein powder. 1/2 of a large waffle with butter and syrup. 2 pieces of sausage. 1 cup whole milk.

Lunch: Skipped

Snack: 15g deluxe mixed nuts.

Dinner: Small side salad with apple vinaigrette. 1 small dinner roll with butter. 1/2 cup fresh green beans. 8 oz rare KC strip steak.

Bedtime: 1 scoop protein powder with creatine.

Totals for today 2080 calories, 174g protein, 148g carbs, 91g fat. I drank my breakfast shake this morning not knowing the wife planned to make waffles and sausage, so I had to partake at least a little of that. Ended up with an almost 1200 calorie breakfast. Took the wife, stepson and his friend to see the movies this afternoon, so skipped lunck. Then had half of a nice KC strip steak for dinner. I easily could have finished the whole thing, but I refrained from pigging out, so I came in 110 calories under target, even with the amount of indulging I did today.

Nice job keeping the calories in check. My current diet plan has me going to bed lighter than when I wake up…:joy:. I’m trying to eat bad just to get some calories to stick.

You should try drinking some calories. My breakfast shake comes in at 12 oz, 577 calories, 63g protein, 42g carbs and 18g fat.

3/11/19 Morning weigh-in 189.8# First time my scale has had a number under 190# in over 5 years. Nice to see, now on to 180#!

Lol that’s my whole day of carbs in one shake !!!

Love that attitude Steve! Smash one goal forget about and on to the next. Something about moving that second number that feels so good! You’ve moved it twice brother

Pretty much sums it up! Think I’m going to focus on my Monday morning weight, as it seems I drop steadily during week and then bump up over the weekend. I’m not going to try to get under 200 - but rather to get to final notch on the weight belt, while gaining a bit of size around shoulders.

Way to go! Love how disciplined you are being with it. Keep it going!

I see ya big boy. Nice work. Turing is not easy or fun. I always feel much better when I drop weight like I can move more freely and just more overall energy. Once I hit my goals I’ll probably drop down to 225-235 to stay.

I woke feeling much more rested and ready to go today. The first time in 3 days. I am having a shake this morning. Hope it stays down. I have a feeling that it will and tomorrow I’ll be holding back the reigns to tear up a gym.

Way to go Steve, well done.
when you get to the 170s you’ve lost some serious weight

A 5 year PR, excellent stuff Steve. Took a while to go over the log from my absence. The concert sounded great, especially the pink Floyd cover. That’s another great band and one of my favs. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks, all! Milestones are nice, but it’s also important to keep your eye on the prize.

3/11/19 Food for today

Breakfast: Shake = 1 cup whole milk, 1 large egg, 1 scoop quick oats, 1 1/2 scoop protein powder. 1 apple.

Lunch: 1/2 cup fresh green beans. 6 oz rare KC strip steak.

Snack: 1 can sardines in mustard sauce. 1 navel orange.

Dinner: 10 oz of Chili’s ribs. 1 corn on the cob with butter.

Bedtime: Creatine.

Totals for today 2173 calories, 209g protein, 134g carbs, 76g fat. I very easily could have gone over target today, because I ate a protein and carb snack expecting my son to go work out with me, but he cancelled at the last minute so I pushed the workout to tomorrow. The wife brought me leftover Chili’s so I had 4 ribs, 10 oz meat after bones removed, and corn on the cob. With the steak and ribs I blew my protein goal away today, and kept carbs and fat reasonable so total calories came in under budget. We’ll see how I weigh in tomorrow.

Oh, and welcome back, @Rizla81!

Sounds like a ripper meal, ribs and corn!
Mmmmm, now I’m hungry!

That’s how you know if you have good ribs. If you can simply remove the bones and not eat off of them!

Just hearing you describe that made me so hungry…hmmmmmm riiiiibssss

I tried to eat the ribs the normal way, but I pulled the first rib off the rack, and it separated from all the meat so I was holding a bare bone. So, okay, I guess this is the way we’re going to do this, I said to myself. Chili’s isn’t actually my favorite, there are a lot better option for ribs in Kansas, but the wife was out with the kids and that’s where the son wanted to eat, so that’s the leftovers I got. Still, it was not a disappointment, and the corn was grilled with some herbs and butter slathered on, so it was pretty good in and of itself.

3/12/19 morning weigh-in 189.8# Pretty happy to stay consistent rather than have a bump back up above 190. I’m sure it’ll happen at some point over the next week or two, but the longer I can ‘stick’ below 190 the better.

Dude from 204 to 189. 15 lbs of fat gone, destroyed, obliviated! Just think your lost this nasty blob three times over!