Old Guy Strength

It feels really great. I am super proud of both of them. They’re both workout machines too, and really strong.

2 Likes

He’s pretty lucky. He’s already worked for over a year in the court room. He did an internship at an Indian tribe and handled first appearances. He even has a bar number from the tribe. For the past year he has worked as a Rule 9 attorney in the city where his school is. He’s been handling really level stuff. This is his last week on the job. He’s not coming home, so he can study for the bar in July.

1 Like

5/10/23

Deadlift:
1/365
3/405
5/385
5/365

Laying Leg Curls:
4/10/100

Hack Squats:
10/90
10/180
10/270
10/360

One Leg Extensions:
4/10/100

With the pending vacation, I cut out of work early to get this in. The mid-afternoon crowd at the gym was light. I can’t recall the last time I did hack squats. I just added 45s and did what felt comfortable.

5 Likes

5/12/23

Bench:
3/225
2/245
1/275
1/345
2/315

Bench Against Band:
2/255
3/245
5/225

Pullovers:
4/15/105

Machine Flies:
4/15/255

Hammer Strength Decline:
4/15/70

I felt real strong today. 345 was solid. My spotter asked why I stopped at two at 315. I felt like I could have knocked five out. I said I just wanted to keep a couple in the bank.

Now, we’re off to my boy’s law school graduation tomorrow.

4 Likes

5/15/23

OHP:
4/5/135

Pendlay Rows:
4/10/185

Kroc Rows:
4/10/105

Reverse Machine Flies:
4/10/85

Hammer Strength Front Pulls:
4/10/100

I’m on vacation, so I hit the gym early. Some guy had his dog with him. That’s a new one.

My son’s law school graduation was great. He graduated with honors. I did not expect all the pomp and circumstance. I also learned the stories about all the drinking on law school a true. Those guys can put them down. All his fellow students were great people and a little quirky, just like him. Maybe biker can confirm that is a law school trait. After our vacation this week he is going to study for the bar for the next two months.

Now off to Vegas.

4 Likes

Every gym should have a (well-behaved) gym dog.

1 Like

The owner actually has his dog in the gym. It’s a very nice pup. I’ve just never seen seen this guy and his dog. It was well-behaved and just followed him around.

I don’t recall anybody drinking much in law school, but be thankful it isn’t something worse. I do remember as a senior leaving a party with a few other guys after someone started snorting cocaine which was grounds for being denied entry into bar so we all left.

Then there was the guy, years after law school, who after being caught with quantity of coke told police it was payment from a client. I heard later that he had supported himself through law school by being a mule.

5/21/23

Deadlift:
2/385
3/415
5/385
5/365

Leg Press:
10/290
10/390
10/480
10/570

Narrow Stance Leg Press (heels together):
4/10/400

One Leg DL:
4/10/55

I was pretty pleased with today, considering all the drinking and walking we did while in Vegas for five days. I’m going to reset my diet starting today. I’ve been doing some research on vegan, and how it relates to athletics. I’m doing to give it a shot, starting today.

4 Likes

. I’ve been doing some research on vegan, and how it relates to athletics. I’m doing to give it a shot, starting today.

:exploding_head:

I know. Look into it, however. I’ve done some reading and watched the movie Game Changer on the way to Vegas. That being said, I ate a piss load of meat last week to get ready.

1 Like
2 Likes

We’ll see. I’ve read a ton of stuff. At this point I am doing a Monday - Friday. I just really want to lose some weight. I’m still doing my normal protein powder.

2 Likes

5/22/23

Triceps Gauntlet

Hammer Strength Extensions:
4/25/50

Pulldowns:
4/25/120

Pressdowns:
4/25/190

Pulldowns:
1/50/50

Cable Curls:
4/10/120

Preacher Curls:
4/10/90

That’s it. The place was packed. I knew there was a reason I should have trained at home.

4 Likes

Bill Pearl is vegan. Seems like he’s some sort of lacto version of it.

If you’re just wanting to lose weight, maybe drink a lot of water (gallon) and walk a mile daily.
I lost almost 20 lbs over 7 months and didn’t really change diet but did reduce sugar.

I’m only doing a modified diet. Monday-Friday. In continue to use my whey based protein. I have been walking more and trying to drink more water. Two graduations and five days in Vegas caused a weight gain of 10 pounds. I would also like to get off of blood pressure meds. I hope retirement in 33 months will go a long way in getting that done.

2 Likes

10 lbs in five days. No judgment.

There it is, in a nutshell.

Sounds great (jokes aside) and will certainly bring on some changes. Your heavy push/pull/carries are going to fit right in too.
:mechanical_arm:

It was actually 10 pounds in three weeks. I gained five last week alone. I’m down four thus far this week. The carries go down tonight.

1 Like

5/24/23

200 lb Sandbag Shoulder Carries:
200 yards

200 lb Sandbag Bearhug Carries:
100 yards

200 lb Sandbag Suitcase Carries:
50 yards

Prowler Push:
+45/300 yards
+55/200 yards
+100/100 yards

Prowler Pull:
+70/100 yards

Backwards Prowler Pull:
+40/100 yards

Great Weighted Walk Wednesday. It’s starting to get warm, and I worked up a good sweat.

4 Likes