Old Guy Needs Some Help

I’m 46, married, 5 kids, busy as hell, but really need to get into shape. Back in the mid 2000’s I was working in law enforcement, worked out, and was in decent shape. I was single, made it to the gym 4-5 times a week. Ate fairly good.

Fast forward to 2016, I have a different career, kids, long hours. Got fat, pathetic shape. I’ve got some calipers somewhere, I’ll measure body fat today. I’ve been following t-nation for a short while. Been reading up on trt , which is confusing as hell to me so far. But I’m trying to figure it all out.

My goal - I’m currently at about 210lbs at 5’10". All of my fat is in mid section and chest. So I want it gone ASAP and add whatever mass I can. Performance is my main concern, with looks being a close second. Lol.

So here’s my question’s.

Diet- I need a super simple diet plan. I am a truck driver, so simple reheatable meals or cold ones are best. Sometimes i eat on the go. I need a basic , simple plan. Can someone point me in the right direction? There’s alot of conflicting information on the net. What actually works?

Workout program - this is where I’m struggling. I have to workout on the road, or at home. I honestly don’t have time for trips to the gym unfortunately. I miss the gym. Here’s what I have collected and kept over the years to use.
35lb kettelbell
53lb kettelbell
An Olympic bar with 225lbs of weights and a few dumbbells.
Obviously, the kb can travel with me. So I can KB and bodyweight on the go, and start a dead lift routine at home. Any ideas of how to make this work and actually see results?

Thank you in advance for any input and opinions any of you can offer. It’s honestly appreciated. There’s some great knowledge on here. Sometimes to much, it gets confusing and conflicted.

That’s for moving this to proper forum.

Check out ActivitiesGuy’s log (it’s in the Training Logs subforum)–he does a lot of KB work.

Thanks, I’ll go check it out.

Get your blood tested for TRT. If you have low T, address it then but don’t worry about it for now other than getting a blood test. If you do have low T, check out that forum, there are many knowledgeable guys there - I’ve been on it for two years.

For food, invest in Tupperware and cook in bulk. I make a big pot of steel cut oatmeal with frozen blueberries and honey and reheat that for three or four days. I also cook up a shitload of chicken breasts, brown rice, and broccoli and put it in Tupperware. Shift your thinking from eating for enjoyment to eating for nourishment. Pretty soon you’ll develop a taste for healthier foods. Figure out what macros work for you but you would probably benefit from cutting carbs to at least forty percent of your total calories. Check out Eye Dentist’s thread on how he trains - he’s got a post on how he eats and it’s informative

Get an app to track your calories and macros - I use MyFitnessPal. It will calculate your caloric needs for you (but it won’t figure in your exercise other than running or walking, which it imports from the Health app).

I’m 52 years old, 6’1" tall, and three years ago I was 215. I weighed in at 186 this morning. I think Eye Dentist is a year older than I and he is obviously in great shape, so, it can be done.

Get 'er done!