Old, Beginner, Trainwreck

Thanks MT! I am doing just the bodyweight glute challenge…

And OG is doing the hip thruster challange…

Might as well jump in with us.

9/4/16 Day3
BW squat 4x20
HT 4x20

Ended up moving furniture all afternoon. I’m done.

Thank you, Phoenix. Wasn’t sure if we could post these links. :slight_smile:

9/5/16
Wu= 3 min Tmil
Bw squat 10

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/95
1x3/105
1x3/115
1x2/120 PR
1x1/125 "
1x1/130 "
1x1/135 "

135 didn’t feel that heavy but I got scared. Know I didn’t get deep enough, but that’s okay. Still a lil beat up from the furniture incident yesterday. It was UGLY!

I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me!

I bought me some new safety chain at the hardware store the other day, but haven’t had a chance to install it. I think that is what spooked me.

Safety chain?

Wow! You are making great progress with the squats. Would love to see a video . . .

[quote=“ChickenLittle, post:748, topic:215441”]
I bought me some new safety chain at the hardware store the other day, but haven’t had a chance to install it. I think that is what spooked me.

Good idea with the chains; I think Dave prefers straps but, whatever:)

Nice SQ too!

Thanks K. I built my rack like a box, and had cross memebers in for the safeties, but they got in the way so I removed them. I am going back with chain so I can detach them when I need to. If I am still feeling sparky by the end of the week and decide to get a second squat in, I will try to post video. :smirk:

Thanks Z. The squats are just leather bucket seats, an extra, but I am stoked about my pull yesterday. At least am back to the starting line! :grin:

And now a squat PR…someone is definitely getting bootyfied.!!

I don’t squat enough to need safties of any kind so chains or straps are both okay with me.

I’m here only to support CL’s lifting. Another PR! nice!! I’m with Karen let’s see some video.

I’m also still promoting a Colorado-Texas love connection Z.

Well, the safeties are more for my mental well being than physical. Last year I slipped and and got stuck under the bar. :smirk: I ended up coming up with it, but it scared me. I live 15 miles out in the country and my mom or son ( even tho he is a big boy) would not be able to help me.

I think Z man is looking for something a little more, shall we say, lady like. You know, blonde hair, big blue eyes, yada, yada, yada. He seems a little tame, probably wouldn’t be any fun tied to the bed with straps or chains. :joy:

I was kidding. Safeties are absolutely a great idea for both squatting and benching. Far better to be safe than sorry.

I’m not convinced that is z mans opinion at all. If it is it is no doubt his loss.

I will let him handle the restraints questions!

1 Like

9/5/16 Day 4
10,10,5 bulgarian split squats
10,10,5 one leg foot elevated bridges

That went better than I thought it was going.

9/6/16
Wu=meh
BP
1x5/55
1x4/65
1x3/70
1x2/75
3x3/65

Everything felt heavy this morning. To be expected.
teach me not to do my assistance work…lol
Finally found my glasses, yay!
Did several static holds at 85. Don’t know if it my chest got anything out of it, but definitely set my shoulders on fire. Stupid puny arms. I know, i know, incline presses. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

9/6/16 Day5 Glute Challenge

BW squats 25,25,20,20
HipThrust 25,25,20,20
BPAs 3x20

still rockin’ the BPA’s I see

I figured I might as well SS them with the squats.

I will let him handle the restraints questions!

You Rang…??

1 Like

Pretty good together right?? Tough work for sure, Enjoy!

Ramblings of a fool…

Today I had did a little work inside then had to go outside, which is cool because I like outside. I mow the grass and scraped weeds off the drive way and then raked, blowed, and picked up all the crap and dirt. I am outside having a good ole time, by myself, got my jam on and breaking it down in the driveway.

At 3pm I have to go make another appointment at the crazy lady’s house. What I thought was going to be an hour job, turned into three hours. We ended up remodeling the sunroom. Windows cleaned, curtains hung, floor mopped. I put the rug back down and she brings in a little table. She sits it down and right then small snake falls out if the A/C! She is terrified of snakes. I tell her to back up and watch him while I get the broom. She does and I return with the broom. She opens the door and I ask if she wants to save him, No. I beat him down with the broom and get rid of him, but now is freaking out. No more remodeling today.

Now, I go back to the first place to finish the yard. Geared up and started weed eating. Got almost to the end, I am talking 5 more feet and I am done. The all hell breaks loose! OMG! What the f!!! I am under attack! Ouch…Owee… shit…F… put the weedeater down while still running and tried to get away from said assailants. Damn ! Damn! Damn! Mind you this all taking place on about a 1 foot strip of dirt outside the fence where it falls off the rather steep river bank. I make around the yard to some flat ground where the clothes started coming off. I am running through the yard like a crazy woman, half naked. Bet the neighbors can’t UNsee that shit! Find the garden hose to try and put out the fire, but not much relief. Yellow jackets. I hit a nest of yellow jackets in the ground. They were pissed! Got stung probaly 20 times. Meanwhile back at ranch, the weedeater rolls half down the hill, still running. The lil beasts are trying to sting it too. They are swarming it. I have no way to get them off if it. Tired the water hose, tbe only thing that done was get me stung again. So, I leave it running, drive to the store and grab a can of wasp spray. To my surprise there really isn’t much poison in an $8 can if wasp spray. Finally recover the weedeater and called it a day. Now, I am sitting here on fire and for the first time ever, swole…lol.

I might not do the glute challange tonight. We will see.

Regardless, still a better day than yesterday!

1 Like