Old, Beginner, Trainwreck

yeah buddy ! way to jump in

PR squat, great stuff. I’ll have a shot of tequila to celebrate for you. Gotta celebrate the winz.

1 Like

Thanks MT! Tequila works for me!

9/2/16 Day2

BW Squats 20,20,20,10
HT 7x10
BPAs 1x32

Almost didn’t get this end. Tired. Was up last night hurling my guts out.( pet peeve number 8, puking for ANY reason) Should have called in sick, but no. My boss is an asshole. No idea what i ate that caused that shit but yuk!

Pretty hardcore to go to work after that night! What exactly is your job?

I hope you get feeling better soon.

Thanks K, I’m better, just a mild case of food poisoning is my guess. I don’t really have job, I am a helper. Most of my peeps are seniors, they call me to help them do the things that can’t do anymore. List of duties include, housekeeper, yardman, plumber, gardener, electrician, handyman, exterminator, mechanic, just whatever. I have done some whacked out shit for these guys, but I have grown to love them. They know they can call me 24/7 and I will be there. The funny part is, they say I am eligible for sainthood, but the truth is, they saved me.

1 Like

9/1/16 Day1BW Squats 3x20Hip thrusts 10,20,10,10,10

Oh glorious glute days ahead! Give this a good week to settle into; you may surprised once you get going :slight_smile:
But if they work for you, if you feel them correctly, they’ll be worth it…in the end:wink:

See what I did there…Dave?

1 Like

You are a jack (jill) of all trades for seniors. That’s important! I bet you’re wildly in demand.

1 Like

Jack of all trades and master of none.

1 Like

9/3/16
Wu=BW squats 20

DL
1x1/155
1x5/145
1x3/155
1x3/165
1x3/175
1x1/180. Hahahhahahah!!! I did it!!! I did it!!!
HELLL YESSS! FINALLY!

Attempted 182.5 got it off the ground but that’s it.
Switched to a mixed grip on 175 & 180.

2 Likes

Sweet DL’s here. Not much money in Saintly-ness but, whatever:)
Looks like some cool projects that you’ve done; I miss doing that stuff, only a little bit.

200 is just around the corner. As DaveB. and Karen would chime in, you could probably warm/work up a bit different, and hit it right now. Do your sets of 3-5 reps at your lower weights, then jump, jump, jump with singles to hit…whatever! Not that you SHOULD, just that you could if you wanted.
Food for thought.
Rock On.

Thanks Z. I might try that next month. At least I can recalculate my TM and go from there.

outstanding work kid… more to come !

Thanks OG! Now maybe I can get my head back on straight. It was driving me crazy.

Those raised beds with built in irrigation are pretty cool.

Custom wire cages? Landscape fabric weed barrier?

No just mulch for the weeds. These belong to one of my peeps. She is 86 y/o, her husband built the originals, but passed away last year. He did the heavy lifting, on the design, I just replaced the irrigation system and helped her get it going again. It is a sweet set up. Would like to build one in my garden.

Me too. I lost interest in my garden weeks ago. It looks terrible. If I built that set up in May, when I was motivated, maybe I could cruise through September.

1 Like

Nice job on the deadlifting. Nothing wrong with the way you are working up to build up strength.

As z man mentioned if you are looking to see what your true 1 RM is it can be done differently I would suggest 4x115, 3x135, 2x155, 1x175 after that 1x190 should go and based on how tough it is you might try another at 200.

YAY more progress. Hmm I might join you on this glute thing, where do I find it?

Thanks Dave! I will definitely try it that way. IF I ever end up pulling 200 I will be so happy I will shit my pants… :smile: