Old, Beginner, Trainwreck

You’re welcome! We aim to please.

@ChickenLittle, there is a pretty large Hispanic population here now. I might be able to luck out and find reasonable tamales.

Otherwise known as Texas Energy Bars!

1 Like

Just another rant…the greatest lie that has ever been told, is the one we tell ourselves. I was weed eating Thursday evening, it was 102 degrees, the sun was just beating down, I was already tired from another job, and I caught myself saying, No! put your shoulders blades in your back pockets and tighten up, and it dawned on me, I am not done with this. Nowhere close.

Then had to admit to myself, I have made some damn good progress. Yes, I missed my goal for the 4th of July. But, I have still made some damn good progress.

Here’s where the lie comes in. I started this because I wanted to be strong again. Somewhere along the way, that morphed into, wanting to look good doing it, for horrible, selfish reasons. I am just so damn tired of hearing, " you’re not THAT bad", “Well, you’re alright, but your not a baby doll.” And one that has been stuck in my mind for years, courtesy of my ex MIL… " You’re just plain vanilla " No, I don’t have no big tits to flaunt around and have men do my bidding, nor do I want them. Never have. Never excepted anybody to do my work for me. So, I have to come to terms with the fact that it is okay for me to want this for myself. “Oh you don’t want to look that”, " you don’t want to be big", " be careful you don’t want to look like a man." News flash! Appearently I already do. What have I got to lose?

Anyways, I was doing better at this before I read too much shit. Yes, strength is the priority, but I would like some hypertrophy to go along with it. Need to find some balance to make this work. If I am not seeing any visible progress in the mirror, then I start to get discouraged. I tell myself to be happy with building strength, but honestly, I know I want more. So, I will continue until I find the right mix.

I didn’t keep a log the last time I done this, just played it by ear. Sorry, to dump all this here, but it is the only “private” space I have. My family has ruined all my other outlets.

1 Like

Venting here is perfectly acceptable.

Comments from ex girlfriend:

“Why do you need to go to the gym tonight? You look good to me.”

It comes down to what makes you feel good about yourself. Not what others say.

Weightlifting is just another facet of the journey of one’s life. Another tool to use to make you who you want to be.

Honestly, switching your routines for some hypertrophy will not cost you any strength. In fact I think there was an article here that recommended it for stalled strength gains. If I find it, I’ll link it in here.

In the end, it comes down to who you want to see when you look in the mirror. Don’t listen to anyone else.

Thanks Tom! All this started because I was trying to find a different hair stylist…lol No, I don’t want to grow my hair out so I can “catch a man”. I have to repeatedly explain; that if the right one comes along he is not going to care about the length of my hair. He is not going care if I have my make up on or not. Everybody seems to be worried about this but me, yet they have voice their opinions. Then when I feel like shit, it starts to seep in. I start thinking that there is something wrong with me.

I am not like everybody else, never have been. Never will be. I have accepted this, but they cannot.

I read that article on GVT yesterday. 10 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks. Just not sure if I can handle it. But the thought is still rolling around in my mind.

1 Like

You can just change the 531 accessory work. Wendler has several templates that will induce some muscle growth.

I understand. That ex girlfriend is convinced that I can’t be happy unless I have a woman in my life.

I’m happy with just me. A girlfriend can add to being happy, but I don’t HAVE to have one.

When the right one comes along, they’ll like you for being you. No “If you only change this…” crap.

1 Like

I think it is because they are unhappy themselves.

That’s the new plan. Change the assistance stuff around. I don’t want to drop the main lifts. I have come too far to screw that up now. Liked the idea of Poloquin’s antagonistic sets. All I can do is keep on keeping on.

You sound perfectly sensible to me! Don’t doubt yourself so much. Variety is the spice of life!

First of all, I hear you about the new hairdresser thing; what a pain.

Other than that, I’m with Karen for the most part; she’s just says it nicer than I would:)

Rock On Lady!

Thanks K, but self doubt is a sequence in my DNA…lol

Thanks Z. I did find a new hair dresser and got an awesome razor cut! Looked so good I went and got my eyebrows done too. Now, to figure out what color I want to make it. :wink:

Whoa…razor cut? That’s my look too!

1 Like

7/25/16
Wu= whatever

Squat
1x10/55
1x5/65
1x5/75
1x5/85
1x5/95
1x3/ 105

BP
1X5/55
2X3/60
1X0/ 65 just couldn’t get it to go up.

Squats went great though! Yay me! Took the full dose of creatine this morning. We will see.

Only have one long day this week, I hope. Will try to pick up the assistance stuff after I get home in the evenings.

1 Like

I hate it when gravity wins.

1 Like

Creatine is your friend. I’m thinking about injecting it myself.

And where are the vids?

Lol… I can’t upload them. I have an Android phone and the ext is wrong. I have to figure out what I need to do to fix it. The file says it’s an MP4. I have to be “in the mood” to figure that stuff out…lol

Oh here we go with The Creative Twins, jeez.

I’m pretty sure you meant “creatine” twins but creative twins takes me back to a different lifetime.

Fairly certain they weren’t related, let alone twins, they were creative however.

1 Like

Something tells me this would make The Dander Chronicles blush…lol