Old, Beginner, Trainwreck

Thanks for the welcome. I signed up months ago, but have only been able to log-in for a couple weeks. Glad to be here!

Thanks! I hope so, did a mean 100@ 50lbs yesterday. Trying real hard to be consistent this time around.

I like your quote:)

Story of my life here lately…lol i have read so much crap, do this not that, do that not this, it has just put me behind. I sat down and had a nice long talk with MYSELF and have decided what goals I am trying accomplish and how to conquer them. Be it right or wrong. I am going to do what I think might work for me. I’m at the point of… Shit or get off the pot! Tired of being stuck.

I made a comment on a T Nation post on Fcebook yesterday which resulted in me being called everything from a liar, to weak, to a pussy. My journey is MY journey. Yes you might be farther along on yours, But I am on mine. I don’t throw up any “big” numbers but one day I just might surprise ya.

I weighed 180 lbs and am down to 117, my journey is in no way about fat loss. I lost the weight because I didn’t care if i lived. I laid in bed and prayed for my heart to stop beating so i would not have to face another day. I lost two jobs in the course of 5 years and could no longer provide adequate support for my son. Thank God for my parents! My journey is about being strong again. Physically and mentally!

I have come so far from where I was a year ago. It is so easy to judge from a distance. I have walked thru the fire. I have seen the darkness, felt it’s icy cold grip on my soul. And, by the grace of God He saved me from myself. So, if these young people think their words can hurt me, hahahaha, the joke is on them!

I will log my journey on here. Some days are better than others, but I will keep going. I have never been a sprinter, always an endurance runner. So rain down the hate, I have one hell of an umbrella!

Here, like anywhere else on the internet, there is far too much invective and folks trying to compensate for their own perceived shortcomings and insecurities.
You won’t find much of that in the Over 35 family. I have been here off and on for over six years. I have found nothing but support from this particular group.
And, as you said, this is YOUR journey. If we can’t be supportive of that, whether with encouragement, advice, shared experiences and/or honesty, we aren’t of much use.

You should definitely log here.

your goals are your goals
one day at a time

Congratulations on your progress. A steady workout program definitely improves one’s mental state.

There is a supportive group of people here in the over 35 section. The rest of the site is a mix of good, fair and outright awful.

Good luck and keep your head up.

Thank you! I appreciate your support more than words can say. I just never thought saying…the calculator says i am sitting at 7% body fat would have caused such reactions. Good gravy, so I can’t do wide grip pull ups yet, big deal. I will get there!

Have never really had a problem in here (except for the speedo pix). Had a lot of technical disagreements but it’s never got personal. Stay here, we’re nice.

There is no hate to rain down, you are trying to make yourself better than you were yesterday same as the rest of us. Heck for some of us we need an Over 50 Lifter thread!!

Keep us posted on your journey…

There’s an over 50 Lifter thread???!!!

CL, love the attitude you have.

welcome to paradise! don’t let the keyboard haters get to you…the O35 has a lot of good, helpful souls…best of luck on your quest.

What was the comment about?

The meme said… The first step to getting better at pull ups was 3 sets of not being fat. Or something like that. All I said was… I’m calling bullshit, because the bf calculator says I am 7% body fat and I still can’t do pullups. That’s it! The thought NEVER crossed my mind it would bring out the haters…lol. Oh well, I shall carry on! I not skeered!

Once again, I would like to say thank you to everyone for your advice and support. I wish I would have found this forum sooner!

Lol, the internet is serious buiness.

2 Likes

Yeah, your in it now, with the O35 club. And it you wander off, we tend to check in after you, 'cause you know, some of these folks are getting up there…

That is probably a good thing. I have the attention span of a baby goat! Probably The original case of ADHD…lol