Old and Slow

Same Disclaimer Applies:

Ankle: We can talk more if it isn’t healing as you expect it to. Sometimes gentle distraction can do wonders for nagging joint injuries. Just a little bit of traction and ROM can be great. Other times soft tissue problems need addressed.

Neck/shoulders: You mentioned posture here. Without any evaluation I am shooting in the dark, and if I have to do that I shoot where targets are statistically most likely. Thoracic extension is a frequent issue. A whole lot of cervical pain can get fixed by improving shitty upper thoracic and lower cervical mobility instead of chasing around the location of the pain and focusing on the often herniated and/or degenerated mid cervicals. Foam roller extensions, wall angels, etc. work well.

Shoulder internal rotation seems to shit the bed if the above is a problem as well.

I am just going to link to KMC’s awesome “Mobility for Old Farts Thread” because he did a fantastic job compiling a bunch of info there.

If any of the exercises help, than work them into the HMWU or, if they tire you out, do them as a cool down.

Hands: If this is joint pain, than which joint?

Anything you can think of to add would help narrow this down.

Hope some part of it helps.

Regards,

Robert A