Olbermann on Clinton

[quote]Skystud wrote:
Come on. We’re getting our asses kicked in two countries and we are arguing about which truth we believe in from which network.

Focus on the truth, not who spins it.

[/quote]

You were doing great until this part. Last time I checked, Saddam wasn’t still in power and personally making billions off of Iraqi oil.

If by “getting our asses kicked” you mean “the bad guys have to blow themselves up just to do us harm”, then I would switch terminology. But hey… maybe that’s just me. :slight_smile:

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Skystud wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I watched 31 seconds of the whinefest before I had to close it. If Wallace is a monkey - what does that make Olbermann? The guy is beneath scum

I can’t believe one of the 6 people that watch his show actually took the time to record it. How bored must one be to need to TiVo K.O.?

That scum writes a hell of a lot better than you.

Dude - use a little originality. Tht was already used.

But - I wasn’t aware of any of Olbermann’s writing. Can you post a link to some of his musings? I would like to see if he can indeed write.

The main difference between Olberman and O’Reilly or Hannity is Olberman does not claim to be fair and balanced.

At the end of the day they are all clowns and you are a real moron if you catch yourself nodding in agreement when watching any of those shows nightly.

Turn off the TV and spend that time with your family.[/quote]

have wiser words ever been spoken? good post.

I guess what I’m trying to get across is, I don’t hear too many good things about our mission in Iraq or Afganistan. You don’t really think we are making things better do you?

Second, I know Saddam Hussain is not still in power. What I was trying to say is that at one time we were trying to get back at Iran after they overthrew the Shaw. So we sold WMD to Saddam Hussain. You are aware this happened aren’t you? Then we were told that saddam was bad because he had wmd, and that we needed to go in and get those weapons by force. And to do that, Our current administration told us that the Terrorists were in Iraq and were responsible for 911. Do you follow me?

Now that we have commited ourselves to that war and Afganistan, a lot of other countries are getting risky. N.Korea, with long-range missle testing, Iraq with uranium enrichment. We can’t fight wars all the time. Thus the old saying holds true. “Choose your battles carefully.”
But no, Instead of attacking with maximum strength in Afganistan, where the Taliban and obl are. We ignore Colin Powell’s advise and basically start a war on two fronts. But all we want to argue about is which news organization we like. And when anyone questions why we are still there after bush declared mission accomplished, we are considered liberals.
Contrary to popular belief, we were not welcomed as liberators and greeted with flowers when we drove into Bagdad.
Most businesses are rusults oriented.
Sports is results oriented. i just don’t know why people get upset when we question our government when they don’t get results.
Think about it, if you hired a trainer to get you into shape for a movie, and you needed big honkin arms and a sixpack, youd be pretty pissed if he tried to convince you that those rusults could be obtained by running.
So would you fire him right away or would you run for 4 weeks straight thinking maybe you were wrong?
I’m thinking you’d kick him to the curb.

Choose the topic:
Health care reform
school funding
Social Security
Perscription Drug reform
Public Transportation

Ask yourself, “Has anything really changed since 1994?”
Remember when Hillary wanted to overhaul Healthcare, and everybody laughed at her?
Well I may not be a big Clinton fan, but What has the Republican Congress done since 1994. Any results there?
What kind of results are we getting from the 82nd Airborne division? Anybody know?
How about the 10th Mountain division?
Nobody is covering the war. Nobody is filming those flag draped coffins. There is something wrong with that.

[quote]Skystud wrote:
Remember when Hillary wanted to overhaul Healthcare, and everybody laughed at her?[/quote]
Our health care system is just fine, thank you. In fact, I would argue that we have pretty much the largest and most effective healthcare system in the world, but that could just be the fact that I am part of it.

Last time I checked, we were kicking just about as many disease’s asses as we could expect from anybody. There’s doctors everywhere, hospitals and emergency rooms are held to high standards, and I spend a lot of my time dealing with folks who aren’t necessarily hurt, they’re just hungry and lazy and jonesing for smack.

We aren’t going to hit a REAL health care crisis for another ten years or so when the baby boomers finally retire and we see a large increase in the patient population with fewer and fewer folks like me to take care of them. Medicare expenditures will go up, the tax base will fall, and stuff is going to get somewhat weird. That’s when a change is really going to matter. I wouldn’t fault our lawmakers with not addressing a problem that doesn’t quite exist.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
Skystud wrote:
Remember when Hillary wanted to overhaul Healthcare, and everybody laughed at her?
Our health care system is just fine, thank you. In fact, I would argue that we have pretty much the largest and most effective healthcare system in the world, but that could just be the fact that I am part of it.

Last time I checked, we were kicking just about as many disease’s asses as we could expect from anybody. There’s doctors everywhere, hospitals and emergency rooms are held to high standards, and I spend a lot of my time dealing with folks who aren’t necessarily hurt, they’re just hungry and lazy and jonesing for smack.

We aren’t going to hit a REAL health care crisis for another ten years or so when the baby boomers finally retire and we see a large increase in the patient population with fewer and fewer folks like me to take care of them. Medicare expenditures will go up, the tax base will fall, and stuff is going to get somewhat weird. That’s when a change is really going to matter. I wouldn’t fault our lawmakers with not addressing a problem that doesn’t quite exist.[/quote]

True, we do have excellent healthcare and excellent doctors and nurses.
But if you get sick here and you don’t have healthcare, they will garnish your wages for a long long time. I agree it is much better than a lot of countries. good luck.

[quote]Skystud wrote:
lothario1132 wrote:
Skystud wrote:

We aren’t going to hit a REAL health care crisis for another ten years or so when the baby boomers finally retire and we see a large increase in the patient population with fewer and fewer folks like me to take care of them. Medicare expenditures will go up, the tax base will fall, and stuff is going to get somewhat weird. That’s when a change is really going to matter. I wouldn’t fault our lawmakers with not addressing a problem that doesn’t quite exist.

True, we do have excellent healthcare and excellent doctors and nurses.
But if you get sick here and you don’t have healthcare, they will garnish your wages for a long long time. I agree it is much better than a lot of countries. good luck.[/quote]

You’re kidding right?

Health care is Belgium is better than in the US at a lower cost.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
[/quote]

Bullshit.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
[/quote]

Then by all means, when you get sick, get your ass over there and save some money. I’m sure they will greet you with open arms and treat you regardless of your ability to pay, or even if you aren’t a Belgian citizen.

And I’m also sure that they will continue to follow up with you if you become addicted to painkillers or whatnot and pretend to be sick so you can get: a)free food, b)free place to stay, c)full medical workups, d)the possibility of methadone or other drugs to get you over your jones. And remember, you’re not even a Belgian citizen. And if the above four things DON’T happen, you can sue in Belgian courts because there are so many lawyers chomping at the bit to roast the hospital and the doctors over the fire.

Here’s a coupon for five cents at the clue store… go get one.

msnbc IS FOX NEWSE’S COMPETITOR THAT MAENS THAT THEY’LL DO ANYTHING TO SHUT THEM DOWN IDOT!!!

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

Bullshit.
[/quote]
I don’t see Belgium here…but Wreckless is probably right.
http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf#search=“health%20care%20rankings%20cost”