-[][][]---OL Log 5---[][][]-

[quote]Paperclip wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

I’ve still got a ways to go too man. What are your PB’s?
[/quote]

75/85kg snatch and c&j @ 72kg BW.

BTW If you manage to add 20kg more to your snatch than you’ll be pretty awesome![/quote]

120? That seems so so so far away. But I shall give it my all.

[quote]ape288 wrote:

120? That seems so so so far away. But I shall give it my all.[/quote]

Yeah… Would that make you competitive nationally? I think in my country the minimum snatch number for a 77’er to pass a national level qualification is around 120kg.

BTW, I considered myself as a creatine non responder but it turned out that the substance seems to help. Today’s training didn’t feel so shitty after I got back to taking creatine. Also I really need to bring my squat number up because it’s been stuck for so long.

[quote]Paperclip wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

Yeah… Would that make you competitive nationally? I think in my country the minimum snatch number for a 77’er to pass a national level qualification is around 120kg.

BTW, I considered myself as a creatine non responder but it turned out that the substance seems to help. Today’s training didn’t feel so shitty after I got back to taking creatine. Also I really need to bring my squat number up because it’s been stuck for so long.[/quote]

I’m not sure, but it would make me better than I am now haha.
Squatting strength is the least of my problems, my squat just keeps going up lol. I do love squatting too. But my technique on the classic lifts sucks I think, my strength doesn’t show on them at all.

[quote]lesfayes wrote:
First comp this year, was kinda nervous.

Snatch 65x, 70, 73x
CJ 78, 85, 90

Got a new comp snatch PR (70), new comp c&j PR(90) and a new comp total PR(160).
BW was 69 kg.

Gotta work on a deeper squat position though ;)[/quote]

Good to see a comp video and congrats on the PB’s!

Stick with your coach and smash it up for the next comp! Any ideas when your next one is? I have 2 for the rest of the year. 29th October in Spain and end of November.

Koing

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:

[quote]Paperclip wrote:

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:
Paperclip- I weigh 93 kgs. I should be lifting more, but my progress has been good so far.
[/quote]

Cool. That puts you in the same class category as Koing I guess.[/quote]

Indeed, if I can get some good training in and get to some comps in the last few months of the year I should get to lift against him at the English championships.[/quote]

It’ll be good to see you there :slight_smile:

Mark should be there also so that’ll be a good battle and a bunch of others if they aren’t injured. There is the guy from Bristol in the 94’s thats pretty young that nearly beat me this year but I just edged him out.

Koing

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[quote]Paperclip wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

I’ve still got a ways to go too man. What are your PB’s?
[/quote]

75/85kg snatch and c&j @ 72kg BW.

BTW If you manage to add 20kg more to your snatch than you’ll be pretty awesome![/quote]

Took me about 2yrs to get from 116 to 120

116 @ 83.5kg
120 @ 92kg and 29months…

Don’t stay in a class you can’t get stronger in. It’s stupid!

Koing

[quote]Paperclip wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

BTW, I considered myself as a creatine non responder but it turned out that the substance seems to help. Today’s training didn’t feel so shitty after I got back to taking creatine. Also I really need to bring my squat number up because it’s been stuck for so long.[/quote]

120 as a 77kg? You are in Indonesia though! Only about 4/5 lifters in the 77’s can Snatch 120 in the UK.

77 you need 225 for the British but you’ll need about 275-280 to place top 3 minimum. It’s a very tight class with the top 5 lifters very close to each other.

Ape, just get on and do a comp! It’ll show you what you have! You have a good Snatch! CJ you can just do it!

Koing

10/09/2011

FS
up to 165, happy with 165 for a Saturday morning!

Wide Grip Pull ups
14reps, missed 15th, f0cked

11/09/2011

felt smashed from the wide grip pull ups. I haven’t done any in about 10 weeks, felt so battered on my arms and back

Bro did 130 for 10 I said I could do 15.

Bar x 6
bar x 6 feeling better now that I’m more warmed up
70 x 4 hmmm heavy
100 heavy
130 f0ck how heavy is this?!
150 heavy
160 got it!

Really pleased with 160 on a Sunday feeling smashed up, I think I only did this once at Uncles place but now I’ve added 10kg on to my 1RM I can hit 160 when f0cked now, before I had to be somewhat on form

12/09/2011

I felt absolutely f0cking amazing going in to the gym, 20min power nap on the train, felt great, cycled back strong and fast, felt great, all signs are monumentally good for some big lifts!

Sn
bar work
50 PS, Sn : so fast
70 PS, Sn : even faster
90 PS, Sn : hmmmm not as fast as I was expecting on the PS, maybe going to 80 would have been better?!

Sn
117x
120x
120x
120 hmmmmmm felt heavy…
122x forwards
122x backwards
122x forwards
122x backwards

Hmmmm disappointing

CJ
bar work
130x rubbish jerk in front, lazy, stupid
130 better
137 nice
140 Clean felt better, Jerk made it stick, core stability
142x Clean was in front, wrestled it squirrel back up, zero Jerk attempt

FS
160 pretty good after squating 3 days in a row and maxing both lifts today

Guess who is going to go train with Uncle 2 weeks time?! Bro is coming as well so we will battle for 13 session a week! Getting a good 12 days in a row of training! Booyah!

Koing

Again? nice!

12/9/11
AM

Power snatch
Barx10
40x4
60x2
70x1
80x1,1,1,0,1,1

Power Clean and Jerk
80x1
90x1
100x1
105x1,1,1,1,1

PM

Fs
Barx15
60x5
100x3
130x1

13/9/11

Had to DRAG myself to the gym today, felt weak sluggish. Everything seems to have DOMS for reasons I cant tell. Abs are getting better I think…

Snatch
40x4
60x2
1 lift every 90 seconds
95x
97x
100x
100x

Clean and Jerk
90x1
110x1
120xclean
120x1

Will update if I get a PM session in. Over all very happy today considering how bad I felt.

Koing- I dont think I’ll be any compatition for you, I’d just be chuffed to make it to the English. Last October I got 85/100 at a comp. This oct I bet I can get 105-107/125-130. So I’m progressing ok. How have you managed to wangle that training. I’ve tried to contact the EA but no reply. Think I’ve had an honest crack at the system in the last 9 weeks.

[quote]Koing wrote:

120 as a 77kg? You are in Indonesia though! Only about 4/5 lifters in the 77’s can Snatch 120 in the UK.
[/quote]

Yeah maybe because there are a lot more people here lol.

Annyway, today’s training didn’t go well… The power cleans felt heavy and slow and my shoulders weren’t OK when I jerked. I managed to FS 85kg 2x but couldn’t hit 90kg?

@Koing
My next comp will be in october and I’ll be competing 2x in november.

today I was just gonna clean up to 105 but the knee didn’t feel too bad so I just kept clean and jerking

up to 110 c&j

115 missed jerk, 5kg clean PR
117.5 got it on 3rd attempt 7.5kgs clean PR
tried 120 3 times, didn’t get any

Pretty pleased. I think I’m on a good track with cleans :smiley: I still catch them so very high though and still miss them out front for some reason :frowning: But at least that just might mean I got another 5-10kgs strength-wise…

and of course a 20 kgs hip snatch. Gotta snatch and c&j every session!

9/13/2011 5:30AM

FS (lbs)
barwork
115x5x2
155x2
205x1
215x1
225x1
235x1
240x1
(225x2)x3

SN (lbs)
barwork
85x3x2
115x1
120x1
125x1
130x1
135x1
140x0,x1
145x0,x1
125x5
120x5
back to normal schedule,good grind day, nothin felt light or fast, but not bad either.

lordstorm – i could be wrong, but it looks to me like the bar isn’t moving back from the floor. it is either moving straight up or bumping out front slightly.

i did some cleans today. i’ve started drawing a chalk line on the platform so i can check what my feet are up to each lift. i think if i jump back i overpulled and if i jump forwards i didn’t finish the pull. found myself jumping forwards for cleans a lot… then got a better groove - i think because i started getting it moving back from the floor a bit better.

i got squashed a lot.

at 37.5kg dammit. which is of course a reliable snatch :frowning:

Yeah it does move away at the very start up to mid shin. I’ll work on it but right now I think the biggest issue is I don’t get under the bar fast; instead I overpull with my arms and catch it high which makes both me clean less weight and it crushes me as I catch it higher. I’ll be trying to fix getting under the bar fast with some cleans from the hip/very high thigh. It worked for the snatches! If I can learn this and do the 1st pull/sweep better I’m sure I can get 125+

I got today another bunch of supplements. I have 900 fish oil capsules now lol :smiley:

I’ll also try melatonin and ZMA for the next few weeks. Lets see if they will help with sleep and recovery.

today was one of those days where I had kind of a “Ah-Ha” moment in regards to technique. In the 2nd pull of both the snatch / clean and jerk, I not only brought my hips to the bar, but at the same time I brought the bar to my hips actively with my arms, so much so that my arms were not hanging completely straight down, but actually angled inwards. This vid demonstrates it good, albeit a little more pronounced than I did it.

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
Again? nice![/quote]

Yup :smiley:

Out 26th, training starts 27th September till 7th October, fly back 8th, england 9th.

Koing

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:
Koing- I dont think I’ll be any compatition for you, I’d just be chuffed to make it to the English. Last October I got 85/100 at a comp. This oct I bet I can get 105-107/125-130. So I’m progressing ok. How have you managed to wangle that training. I’ve tried to contact the EA but no reply. Think I’ve had an honest crack at the system in the last 9 weeks. [/quote]

It’s all good fun mate. Everyone lifting and competiting and hitting more weights.

I went out in May this year as I have 2 mates there and made friends with Alex, Uncle and the other lifters there, so they were cool to have me back.

Bros coming out as well so we will be battling every session. He is hunting down an Olympic spot, needs 309 @ 77 and he’s best is 281. If he can hit 290 out there, 295 before the year is over he is on target for 309 by end of May.

The System is tough. I do a modified version as I’m working and the amount of sleep I get is not enough so I make do with just going heavy as much as I can.

Koing

[quote]Paperclip wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah maybe because there are a lot more people here lol.

Annyway, today’s training didn’t go well… The power cleans felt heavy and slow and my shoulders weren’t OK when I jerked. I managed to FS 85kg 2x but couldn’t hit 90kg?[/quote]

Do you have results from last year etc? It would be interesting to look at :slight_smile:

That 5kg is a good 5% more, and sometimes it just doen’t happen. Just plough on!

Koing