-[][][]---OL Log 4---[][][]-

tuesday 22/2/11

lots of technique work with snatch and clean and jerks, trying to stay longer over the bar so that I hit the bar high… kind of worked sometimes. Kind of.

clean pulls
4,4x105
3,3x115

front squats
4,4x90
3,3x100
2x110

good mornings
6,6,6,6x50

2/22/11

C&j - work up to 90%x1, then 85%x1x2, 80%x1x2 - 265/250/235, jerks kind of sucked. I suck at jerking

cln pulls - work up to 100%x3x2 - 295

f sqt - work up to heavy single - 315

kb windmills - 2x8

nice lifting Koing!

i’ve been reading some of your old log debra. your progress is very inspiring for me :slight_smile:

I suck at jerking too, andy. get tweaky shoulder sometimes, so figure i’m probably doing it wrong. sigh.

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:

Well yeah but the pull was really good I think… you were sick, you got injured and have only trained ~10 times and your strength was far lower than normal. If you had more focus I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have crushed you.[/quote]

Yeah did okay all things considered. Focus went out the window when I knew I had won and I was weak as f0ck. Going to hammer the squats!

Koing

[quote]changeordie wrote:
Thanks bro. Will probably keep it just under my cleans max for now, take it slow. just wondering a general ball park figure.
thanks again!
opening my own full time mma gym next month and i have an olympic platform and rubber weights for olympic lifting. been doing clean and jerk and snatch for 11 years but not the variations.
cheers

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]changeordie wrote:
Ive never done clean pulls or snatch pulls before.
How much more weight than your clean and snatch weight do you do for pulls?
If i do 3 reps max with 70kg for cleans, how much weight more should for 3 reps of clean pulls etc.
10 to 20kg more?[/quote]

These are the quoted figures:

Clean Pulls: 105% of best C&J
Snatch Pulls: 110% of best Snatch

But it depends on how strong you are and whats your background like. If you’ve done general weight training/ deadlifts/ squats before you started OLifting you’ll be stronger then your technique found. Remember you want to be moving the bar fast from mid thigh to the finish of the pull, strong off the floor and keeping your positions solid. If your positions aren’t solid this won’t help you lift better.

Koing[/quote]
[/quote]

If you can maintain the positions and the bars fast, move the weight up. Just don’t scarifice weight for poor positions as that’ll never help you lift more. But if your technique is good MOVE THE WEIGHT UP A BIT. No point doing weights that are easy. It’s got to push you a bit mate.

Koing

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:
I train with Crossfit Manchester. So a bit away from your way. We had a few lifters there, one up against your bro. Did he mess his weigh in up? 69.8 is pretty near the boarder.

I might be coming down to watch the British depending on the date, so might catch you there. My PB’s are 100/125 but 105/130 will be done very soon so hopefully I’ll have the chance to compete against you next year[/quote]

I see.

Yeah I think I saw some Crossfit Manchester guys there. Which one in the 77’s? Nah, he didn’t mess up his bw. He needed to be under 71kg as he was trying for a 267 to qualify for the Euros for the 69kg class. They give you 2kgs to qualify, so then you cut to 69 and lift at the Euros, if you have qualified.

Yeah the British are at Lilleshall again.

What class are you in? The 85?

The Uni championships are in Sheffield on the 19th March.
http://www.britishweightlifting.org/index.php/Content/Competition-Calendar.html

I’ll be coaching 2 guys that lift with me and another club member will be there. Come along to watch!

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:
I train with Crossfit Manchester. So a bit away from your way. We had a few lifters there, one up against your bro. Did he mess his weigh in up? 69.8 is pretty near the boarder.

I might be coming down to watch the British depending on the date, so might catch you there. My PB’s are 100/125 but 105/130 will be done very soon so hopefully I’ll have the chance to compete against you next year[/quote]

I see.

Yeah I think I saw some Crossfit Manchester guys there. Which one in the 77’s? Nah, he didn’t mess up his bw. He needed to be under 71kg as he was trying for a 267 to qualify for the Euros for the 69kg class. They give you 2kgs to qualify, so then you cut to 69 and lift at the Euros, if you have qualified.

Yeah the British are at Lilleshall again.

What class are you in? The 85?

The Uni championships are in Sheffield on the 19th March.
http://www.britishweightlifting.org/index.php/Content/Competition-Calendar.html

I’ll be coaching 2 guys that lift with me and another club member will be there. Come along to watch!

Koing[/quote]

Kive was in the 62’s, think he got 100/135?. Then Ant and Lau were in the 69’s, dunno what they got. And Al Emmerson was the 77.

I’m a 94, I tend to find I loose loads of strength dropping below 90kg so I figured eating more food and lifting heavier weights was the way to go.

I’m working the 19th of march, have to work every other weekend which is why I wasnt at the English, bit annoying but pays the bills. Why Can’t I find the Brits on the comp calander, am I just being an idiot?

wednesday 23/2/11

snatch
1x70 WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF… lol… I got so pissed off I kicked the weights and then my toe bled for a while…
so after a while I just did more technique work. Realized that if I keep the bar close, it makes the 2nd pull so much better. I just have to be patient and stick with lower weights. Need to figure out how to do it all now faster and faster and faster. It will be better in the long run. But… it still pisses me off that I only did 1 rep with 70. 70!!!

clean and jerk
2+1, 2+2x90
2+1, 1+2(missed 2nd jerk), 1+1 x95
these felt too hard, I don’t know why. Way harder than monday, or even 2 weeks ago the first time I did them.

back squats
4,4,4x110
3,4,3x120

These were kinda ok. I was hoping they’d feel easier but not really.

Then did some jerk technique work where I would just do the dip and drive once, then do a full jerk, then repeat.

bench press

I’m still pissed off lol… but whatever, just gotta be patient with it. I’m more pissed off that the program isn’t getting easier and its the last week with it. Dunno what I’ll do next week with +5kgs on everything. Might be because I’ve been feeling slightly sick, am losing weight and not sleeping as well as I could, but who does it all that stuff perfectly?

i think sometimes with squats even though you feel that you couldn’t possibly do it with more weight it turns out that you can. doesn’t feel any easier but so long as you do them that is progress, i guess. i hate squats for precisely that reason. even submaximal weights don’t often feel easy for me.

isn’t this sport so fucking gay sometimes lordstorm?

Wednesday - Hang Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Press, Front Squat

Hang Snatch (hips):
-40 kg x 3
-50 x 3
-60 x 3
-65 x 2
-70 x 2
-75 x 2, 2
-65 x 2, 2, 2

Clean and Jerk:
-70 kg x 1, 1
-80 x 2
-90 x 1
-100 x 1
-110 x 1
-115 x 1 clean only (wrist hurting)
-120 x 1 clean only (PR since ankle sprain)

Press:
-40 kg x 5
-50 x 4
-70 x 1

Push Press:
-70 x 3
-75 x 3, 2

Front Squat:
-155 lbs x 3
-205 x 3
-255 x 3
-265 x 3
-275 x 3

Notes:
-while technically I have cleaned 120 back in December, that was before the injury and I remember barely getting it. This time, I was still strong, just I didn’t jerk it because of the wrist injury.

thats true

It is isnt it! I felt like a little girl, failing with 70 again and again! stupid sport making me gay :frowning:

Nice clean cloystrength!

I felt like a little girl, failing with 70 again and again!

(stays strategically silent)

i get what you mean, though. sometimes stuff that usually feels easy just doesn’t want to play. craps me off, too.

[quote]Ed Ache wrote:
Kive was in the 62’s, think he got 100/135?. Then Ant and Lau were in the 69’s, dunno what they got. And Al Emmerson was the 77.

I’m a 94, I tend to find I loose loads of strength dropping below 90kg so I figured eating more food and lifting heavier weights was the way to go.

I’m working the 19th of march, have to work every other weekend which is why I wasnt at the English, bit annoying but pays the bills. Why Can’t I find the Brits on the comp calander, am I just being an idiot?[/quote]

I missed the 62 guys lifting.

I can’t remember Al Emmerson. He would have been in the same class as me. Was he the short guy or the taller guy?

Yeah get stacked mate and put it on.

British Champs are on teh 16/07/11.

Koing

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
wednesday 23/2/11

snatch
1x70 WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF… lol… I got so pissed off I kicked the weights and then my toe bled for a while…
so after a while I just did more technique work. Realized that if I keep the bar close, it makes the 2nd pull so much better. I just have to be patient and stick with lower weights. Need to figure out how to do it all now faster and faster and faster. It will be better in the long run. But… it still pisses me off that I only did 1 rep with 70. 70!!!

clean and jerk
2+1, 2+2x90
2+1, 1+2(missed 2nd jerk), 1+1 x95
these felt too hard, I don’t know why. Way harder than monday, or even 2 weeks ago the first time I did them.

back squats
4,4,4x110
3,4,3x120

These were kinda ok. I was hoping they’d feel easier but not really.

Then did some jerk technique work where I would just do the dip and drive once, then do a full jerk, then repeat.

bench press

I’m still pissed off lol… but whatever, just gotta be patient with it. I’m more pissed off that the program isn’t getting easier and its the last week with it. Dunno what I’ll do next week with +5kgs on everything. Might be because I’ve been feeling slightly sick, am losing weight and not sleeping as well as I could, but who does it all that stuff perfectly?[/quote]

Your probably ill mate. I wondered the same last wednesday and I realised it was 2 days in to a cold and thats why my C&J were so sh!t.

Hammer Zinc. I’ve had 3 people tell me that it’s good for cold and flu.

Koing

[quote]alexus wrote:
i think sometimes with squats even though you feel that you couldn’t possibly do it with more weight it turns out that you can. doesn’t feel any easier but so long as you do them that is progress, i guess. i hate squats for precisely that reason. even submaximal weights don’t often feel easy for me.[/quote]

Definitely. Squats yesterday felt heavy but still doable. I guess also the jump from my last warm up of 140 to 160 to get my training sets is also steep but I try to not waste too much energy and save it for the squats. Grinded it out and did it.

Koing

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
isn’t this sport so fucking gay sometimes lordstorm?[/quote]

It’s the best f0cking sport in the world!

Koing

[quote]cloystreng wrote:
Wednesday - Hang Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Press, Front Squat

Hang Snatch (hips):
-40 kg x 3
-50 x 3
-60 x 3
-65 x 2
-70 x 2
-75 x 2, 2
-65 x 2, 2, 2

Clean and Jerk:
-70 kg x 1, 1
-80 x 2
-90 x 1
-100 x 1
-110 x 1
-115 x 1 clean only (wrist hurting)
-120 x 1 clean only (PR since ankle sprain)

Press:
-40 kg x 5
-50 x 4
-70 x 1

Push Press:
-70 x 3
-75 x 3, 2

Front Squat:
-155 lbs x 3
-205 x 3
-255 x 3
-265 x 3
-275 x 3

Notes:
-while technically I have cleaned 120 back in December, that was before the injury and I remember barely getting it. This time, I was still strong, just I didn’t jerk it because of the wrist injury.

Clean looked f0cking easy mate. Stick on 5kg and go again. Looks good mate.

Koing

true dat!

I don’t know if I’m sick, I generally feel pretty good, just kind of light headed or small headaches and stuff like that lately. I think its more likely the weight loss, its been so rapid lately and I try to eat a lot lol. I need to eat even more I think. My metabolism is going off the scales. I’ll try eating more this week and see if I feel better. I’ve probably lost like 15 kgs the past 5 months I think it needs a break for a couple weeks or something.

First time posting in this log but have been following for a while. Just started weightlifting a month ago and tested my numbers this week.

Today was
Squat snatch (HB+BKN)
2+2 40
2+2 40
2+1 55
2+1 55
1+1 60
1+1 63.5
1+1 fail at 65

Squat Clean (HB+BKN)
2+2 40
2+2 60