Oklahoma...To See About a Girl?

I’m not sure if any has asked you this yet, but how long have you been dating this girl? I’d need a little more background on your history with her before giving you my opinion.
-Greg

[quote]AverageJay wrote:
Oklahoma is OK. Haha, had to say it. It’s not to bad. And you can trout fish. Tishomingo stocks trout in the Blue River during the winter and so does Pawhuska lake. The river running off the Broken Bow lake has trout in it year round. It can be 100 degrees outside and the stream/river will be a nice 62. People that don’t like OK, just haven’t been around it. The southeast has a very heavily forrested mountain range and the Southwest has a nice range too. It’s more like New Mexico type land scape. Really good climbing areas and awesome granite walls.

I could go on, but it puts you in the middle of a lot of nice territory. And as far as heat goes, you’re only talking about two months. In return for that you don’t have that God forsaken white shit all winter long.[/quote]

I’m gonna settle in Oklahoma someday, but God forbid in anyplace with a six figure population.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Oklahoma is the West Virginia of Middle America. Clearly not a good thing. To any WVians and OKans on this site, you know I’m right.[/quote]

I would consider moving somewhere if I really loved the girl and was going out for years. But not to Oklahoma.

I would not move to Oklahoma if you had a gun to my head, under any conditions. There’s enough beautiful italian chicks in Jersey for me to never want to leave.

All great advice and great insights… thank you. Its not clear who will move where, but eventually we will have to get closer to take this to the next level. I am much more interetsed in her coming here, or a mutual destination in Seatle/BC, Canada.

Thanks again, she’ll get a kick out of this thread!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
There’s enough beautiful italian chicks in Jersey for me to never want to leave.[/quote]

That’s something sorely missing from the south,Itailian chicks.When I go up to NJ and NY to visit family,I luv all those dark haired beauties.I just moved to Vegas and luv all these beautiful hispanic girls,something also missing in Memphis.

Oklahoma is nice and laid back, real easy going. No one really gets in a hurry unless somethings on fire, or a tornado is coming.

You will have to drive to Texas for beer, liquor content is lower in beer in Oklahoma,

Oklahoma chicks are easier than most.

Overall most people are friendly, and the chicks are pretty hot, just in case the one you have doesn’t work out.

I spend alot of time in OKC.

Bullpup

[quote]bullpup wrote:

Oklahoma chicks are easier than most.

[/quote]

Have you been to Kansas,I was in Wichita for 3 nights with my job in 01,and slept with my waitress at Applebees,the next night got laid from a girl at the bar,then the next day slept with the girl I was working the convention with I had to attend.I’m scared to go back because I don’t wanna lower my batting average.But I found Oklahoma different,pretty girls,but not loose.I was in eastern Oklahoma though,maybe OKC is more like Wichita.

I moved to Tulsa OK towards the end of High School and stayed about 10 years (except when I moved away for College). I loved living there personally, it was laid back, some decent lakes, inexpensive, clean, and had a good job market. The job market is gone now though, especially if you have a professional occupation. If you want to work in a call center, Oklahoma is your place. The area has been pretty economically depressed for several years now, and the meth problem is getting noticeably worse, along with the crime rate. Many of my friends there are not doing well at all, and some of these were pretty motivated guys back in the day. I am back there visiting fairly often, and I usually have a good time, but I would not move back there. I know people who love it there, and people who hate it there, its going to be a judgement call for you. I went to school in Norman, just outside of OKC, and I never liked OKC, although admittedly, I never really gave it a chance.
Good luck!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:
Oklahoma is the West Virginia of Middle America. Clearly not a good thing. To any WVians and OKans on this site, you know I’m right.

I would consider moving somewhere if I really loved the girl and was going out for years. But not to Oklahoma.

I would not move to Oklahoma if you had a gun to my head, under any conditions. There’s enough beautiful italian chicks in Jersey for me to never want to leave.[/quote]

I guess we share love of italian chicks! Enough of em up here in MTL, but if you date one or marry one, watch out!!!

Get her to move up with you dude. Honestly its a big move, big distance, you never know, but it depends where you are in your life. I mean im 23 and not ready to settle down, which means I wouldnt move into a place with a chick at a distance that far unless I wanted to marry this girl, and if thats what you want than cool, but try taking a flight down there for a couple weeks and see how you guys get along, things may not be as nice and dandy once you get there, but at least you will know that you didnt move down there and end up with someone you dont like…just be careful dude. Good luck with whatever ur choice is.