Okay to Use Condiments Like Salsa?

Is salsa okay to use as a condiment? It’s the only condiment I use besides Himalayan pink salt and I’m currently cutting and I was just curious to know if it was okay to use. It has two grams of sugar in the Publix salsa but no included sugars.

I’ve heard that Salsa is too high in calories, and in high quantities, might cause cancer

1 Like

Is it okay to eat tomatoes, onions, and peppers? There’s your answer.

You’re making things much more difficult and boring than they need to be, but if it’s working for you and you’re not stressing, carry on.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

I eat salsa a few times a week, the hotter the better. It may have a bit of sodium, but usually it is very low in calories. However, the tortilla chips are basically deep fried carbs. Nothing bad in moderation, but know what you are eating.

Okay for what?

1 Like

Himalayan Pink Salt is a hilarious health trend. Totally unnecessary.

Soy sauce, hot sauce, mustard, sugar free ketchup, sugar free BBQ, Greek yogurt Ranch, there’s a ton of options so that you don’t have to be miserable…

1 Like

It’s one of the only things more deadly than fruit.

4 Likes

Well, since tomatoes are fruit and all Maybe that’s the problem ina nut shell.:thinking:

2 Likes

I have never ever heard of this. It could change my wife’s whole universe. Is this in regular stores? Refrigerated?

I was all excited that it would be the best thing ever, but I thought it was nasty. Admittedly I don’t like Greek yogurt, but somehow thought the dressing would be very nice.

Anyway, report back!

1 Like

I make my own. Ranch dressing packet mixed with 0% Greek Yogurt, amazing as a veggie dip, on potatoes, so many uses

1 Like

I’m not sure what @EmilyQ ate but this stuff is indistinguishable from ranch.

1 Like

When I put a “help yourselves” note on it, people at work ate it, but I didn’t like it.

shopping-2

I’ll check it out and see what happens. I have a feeling it may go @EmilyQ’s way… my wife will cut out sides to have the calories to not even choose the low-fat ranch! She is a condiment person.