T Nation

Ok to Leave Surge w/ Water Overnight?

so i have a bottle of water + serving of Surge i was gonnna use tonight, but when i got to the gym they were human-scanning all the cards since the machine was broken, and since i was using my friend’s card i decided not to risk it. anyway, would it be okay if i used in tomorrow? if not, i’m tempted to do an at home workout right now.

I think I remember reading that something in it breaks down over time, but that is just a vague recollection floating around in my head.

[quote]apayne wrote:
I think I remember reading that something in it breaks down over time, but that is just a vague recollection floating around in my head.[/quote]

I remember reading this somewhere also. However I do KNOW that I read that anything apayne says is a load of shit so he may just be trying to get you to waste your Surge. I’d call Biotest to be safe.

V

[quote]russianmuscle wrote:
so i have a bottle of water + serving of Surge i was gonnna use tonight, but when i got to the gym they were human-scanning all the cards since the machine was broken, and since i was using my friend’s card i decided not to risk it. anyway, would it be okay if i used in tomorrow? if not, i’m tempted to do an at home workout right now.[/quote]

Your Surge will be fine, but I wouldn’t use it as an excuse to not train today.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
russianmuscle wrote:
so i have a bottle of water + serving of Surge i was gonnna use tonight, but when i got to the gym they were human-scanning all the cards since the machine was broken, and since i was using my friend’s card i decided not to risk it. anyway, would it be okay if i used in tomorrow? if not, i’m tempted to do an at home workout right now.

Your Surge will be fine, but I wouldn’t use it as an excuse to not train today.[/quote]

Hey but really didn’t I read that it will taste like ass? Something about the flavoring not being able to mask the whey hydro-isolate for very long once it is mixed up? So while the protein in it will still be fine, it’s gonna be hard to put down.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Hey but really didn’t I read that it will taste like ass? Something about the flavoring not being able to mask the whey hydro-isolate for very long once it is mixed up? So while the protein in it will still be fine, it’s gonna be hard to put down.

V[/quote]

I’ve had the occasional, unexpected schedule change where I had to put off training for a day after mixing Surge.

With raspberry and root beer, I never noticed a change in the taste, and I wouldn’t expect it from the other flavors.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

V[/quote]

This isn’t the case at all.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Vegita wrote:

V

This isn’t the case at all.[/quote]

Dang! I must be having delusions then. For the past umpteen years I had been putting the powder in my container then filling it after my workout at the gym drinking fountain. You mean all this time I could have just mixed it up ahead of time and kept it in the car? Sheesh!

V

There was I believe something to the concern about losing flavor masking with Surge as it was about 7 years ago or so. At that time, mixing Surge up fresh was the way to.

With the current Surge, there is no problem using it the next day, though of course it should be refrigerated if going that long. And certainly it can be mixed at home rather than at the gym. I always do it that way.