OK, Let's Lift! And 1 and 2 and 1 and 2

I don’t know your exact situation, but as someone who held on to a relationship long past its expiration date and lived through all the damage that caused, I can confidently say that if you felt it was the right time, you totally did the right thing. The pain you and the kids will feel is real but transient, but the relief and peace of mind will last much longer. Best wishes.

I agree with this sentiment. I’ve done that before, and I know it’s a bad way to handle these things. This is the first time I feel like I’m ending a relationship at the right time, and it turns out, that’s also the hardest.

Fuck man. I’m sorry to hear this.

I’m sure you did the right thing for everyone. Your boy will be fine. So will your ex and her daughter.

Stay strong.

Sorry to hear this Flip.

Bummer man, sorry to hear. Hope you’re all better off for it.

Sorry to hear about the bad news, but I think there’s a lot of truth in this. I dragged a bad relationship (not abusive or toxic, just not good for either of us) out for probably 5 years longer than I should have. It was mostly because I was her son’s only father figure from when he was 4 years old and couldn’t imagine not being there for him.

We split, he stayed with me for a few months while she got her footing. She ended up getting a house 5 min away and things have been great since. It sucked bad for everyone at first, but we all moved on and he’s doing great, finishing up his senior year of HS now.

I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t keep the brother-sister/step-parents thing going, but adults being unhappy for the sake of kids with a one-year bond probably isn’t in anyone’s interest. Kudos to you for making the call on a really difficult play.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that man.

That’s rough man. It takes a lot of guts to make the hard move at the right time.

Sorry man! Hate to hear that, but sometimes the hardest decisions are the ones that need to be made for growth. Strangely that applies to all things strength too. Hope your stress levels calm down and you can get some enjoyment out of training. I haven’t forgotten your offer to come train. We’re in the middle of competitions season with my athletes so weekends are crazy busy.

I think I’m free the weekend of March 1st if you want to try to get a session in on Friday or Saturday that week. I’d be happy to make the trek out to Plano area. Granted I’ll be 2 weeks out from competition then so our training styles might not line up too well lol. With my new split I’m doing back on Fridays and arms on Saturdays. Let me know if you think we can make it work

Hey man!

so one of those can definitely work, I’m available to train that Friday evening and then that saturday morning. so whichever is convenient for you works for me. I don’t mind switching things up and doing a bodybuilder workout, lol.

1 Like

let’s shoot for that Saturday morning. I’ll email you later next week to make sure it still works

1 Like

Where the pics guys. Two of tnations most freaky ripped guys smashing iron together. We want to see it.

1 Like

Well shit we didn’t take any. The owner guy took some video though. Maybe you can get ahold of it @flipcollar?

2 Likes

Did it go well then mate ? Great session with the flipster. I’m just about to head gym now

1 Like

Yeah… fun times. That strongman stuff is a whole different ballgame lol

1 Like

I’d say so lol

I’ll see if he has anything to share next time I see him!

Hey guys!

Man, March was rough. So just a quick recap of the last couple weeks to give you an idea of what’s been up. Last week, I finally started to meal prep, for the first time in years. In the few weeks leading up to that, I’d really been eating well, getting back into lifting. Hit a 280 log press recently. Then Thursday, I got fucking SICK, and dropped from 209 lbs all the way down to 193 Sunday evening. Of course. I’m just so fed up with set backs, it’s driving me nuts.

But anyway. I wanted to share this video that I dug up on my old youtube channel that I accidentally posted to recently, lol. I think I’m squatting 275 for a couple reps. This was 2010 or 2011, based on the gym I filmed it at. I’m actually not posting it for the lift itself. I’m posting it because I remember the black guy in the background. 10 years ago, that man told me I was wasting my time, and I should get the fuck out of ‘his’ gym. That I’ll never be strong, I don’t know what I’m doing. And I was taking up valuable space in the squat rack that he wanted.

Fuck. Him.

I’m stronger today than that motherfucker ever was. He made me so angry when he said that to me. And I KNEW I would prove him wrong. I’m sure he doesn’t remember that conversation, or even remember me at all. But I damn sure remember him.

Don’t ever listen to the naysayers. I didn’t realize when I started out how true it is that you can accomplish so much more than you think you can. And that everyone who’s worth a shit will have naysayers in their life. Those insignificant, shitty people who never accomplished anything who want to tell you that you have to be like them. They don’t matter. Chase your dreams, y’all.

16 Likes

Well, I competed Saturday, and did better than expected. I only tied for 3rd, but given that I skipped an entire event, that wasn’t half bad.

I hit a 615 deadlift for a competition PR, so that was pretty rad. I had 10+ more lbs in me, based on how the video looked. 2 guys in my class got 655, so I tied for 3rd.
The log press jumps were by 20 lbs, so that dictated my attempts. Opened at 245, got 265 and missed 285, so I took 2nd on that event. One guy got 285.
I lost the bag toss by 1/100th of a second, which is pretty fucking lame. IMO, when events are subjectively timed by a stopwatch, there should be some sort of margin that allows for ties. I would say 5/100th’s of a second for most events. It just doesn’t make sense for someone to get a full extra point when there’s probably essentially a 50/50 chance they didn’t actually win.
I skipped the farmers walk. It wasn’t too heavy or anything, but I went next to last, and when I saw everyone finish between 9 and 12 seconds, I knew I couldn’t do better than about 15. So no reason to run it. I picked the handles up, crossed the start line, felt my speed wasn’t sufficient, and stopped.
I won the stones. I missed a 315 stone to finish the run because it was just too dusty. It was a brand new stone. I lapped it, got over the top, and my hands were just slipping right off.

Overall, I’m very happy with the performance. I really just wanted to compete and get my head back into lifting. This did the job.

12 Likes

Nice work man, didn’t help that you spent a week on the pot leading up to the contest haha.

1 Like