T Nation

OK I Realize I'm Being Petty But...

I was at Costco not too long ago and there was a guy selling small batch, hand made butter from a nearby farm. While I was tasting it, a really, really obese man who I heard coming before he got there (from his heavy breathing) clip clopped up and tasted the butter as well. He then went on to ask if it was organic or grass fed or something like that. When the vendor replied no, the really, really obese guy said he couldn’t buy the butter because it was not.

I’m standing there listening, trying hard not to laugh. I remember thinking, “Dude, seriously? You’re one Snickers sundae away from losing a foot to diabetes and you’re worried about the butter not being organic? Really?” Does that make me a bad guy for thinking it? I didn’t actually say anything. I dunno, I just like seeing dumb stuff in life. It makes me laugh.

PS - For the record, I bought the strawberry butter.

hahahah

reminds me of Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic. They have guys spending so much of their lives preparing for very specific apocalyptic scenarios, yet are morbidly obese.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
hahahah

reminds me of Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic. They have guys spending so much of their lives preparing for very specific apocalyptic scenarios, yet are morbidly obese.[/quote]

the obesity is part of their strategy … they’re more prepared to survive longer without caloric intake with all that stored energy … 'Murca

hahahah

reminds me of Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic. They have guys spending so much of their lives preparing for very specific apocalyptic scenarios, yet are morbidly obese.[/quote]

Remember a few years back when there was a recall of Zicam? It’s a cold medicine or something. I knew this lady who absolutely freaked about it. She was calling and emailing everyone she ever met about how dangerous it was and since she took it occasionally, she was worried.

Did I mention that she smoked…alot? I told her she was being foolish about being worried taking two or three zicam pieces A YEAR when she smoked 2 packs a day!! I was like, are you serious?

This is the same problem who don’t want nuclear power plants because of fear of exposure to radiation but still fly regularly.

Locally made > “organic”

Classic example of someone ordering a supersized big-mac combo meal, and getting a diet coke.

The nuclear power example is great; “we dont want nuclear power, but we’re ok with coal being burned”

[quote]polo77j wrote:

hahahah

the obesity is part of their strategy … they’re more prepared to survive longer without caloric intake with all that stored energy … 'Murca[/quote]

They should be stocking up on Lipitor.

Hahaha. That’s good.

The other day I got a “I don’t like adding sugar to alcoholic drinks because sugar’s bad for the body”.

Doctors who smoke and advise people about health. I dont mind doctors advising on health if they have quit and seen the light but GTFO if you smoke.

Staying with the smokers theme. Dont eat McDonalds/Subways due to the fat content

• Fat people buying diet coke or diet anything
  • People who drink too much and call out other peoples dietary intake
  • WOmen who have no sense about nutrition, eat weightwatchers food, read womens nutrition magazines and then have the balls to say I dont know what I am talking about when I try to educate them

-Last but not least, Starbucks customers who dont go anywhere near fast food because they will get fat but will happily have 3 Starbucks in a day.

While in college, I once dated a woman who refused to eat red meat on account of its “unhealthiness”, yet she chain-smoked hand-rolled cigarettes.

She always got on my back about it when I ate medium rare steaks when we went out. I always countered with “you smoke, so you have nothing to stand on!”

Years after we broke up, I saw her on the street and I barely recognized her. She looked like a haggard old lady, and she was barely 30.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
While in college, I once dated a woman who refused to eat red meat on account of its “unhealthiness”, yet she chain-smoked hand-rolled cigarettes.

She always got on my back about it when I ate medium rare steaks when we went out. I always countered with “you smoke, so you have nothing to stand on!”

Years after we broke up, I saw her on the street and I barely recognized her. She looked like a haggard old lady, and she was barely 30. [/quote]

Still, a chick smoking hand-rolled cigarettes is fucking badass.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
-Last but not least, Starbucks customers who dont go anywhere near fast food because they will get fat but will happily have 3 Starbucks in a day.
[/quote]

What’s wrong with coffee? I drink that shit all day. Starbucks isn’t my favorite, but coffee won’t make you fat unless you load it up with a bunch of bullshit.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Years after we broke up, I saw her on the street and I barely recognized her. She looked like a haggard old lady, and she was barely 30. [/quote]

Still, a chick smoking hand-rolled cigarettes is fucking badass.[/quote]

I thought so at the time too. I was 19. She was 25, and a wildcat in bed.

Now, I just think smoking overall looks dumb.
Well, the only people who I think look cool with a cigarette on their lips is James Dean and Keith Richards.

lol

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[/quote]

What’s wrong with coffee? I drink that shit all day. Starbucks isn’t my favorite, but coffee won’t make you fat unless you load it up with a bunch of bullshit. [/quote]

I thought the same when i read this… just because you are in a coffee shop doesn’t mean u r drinking a double choco mocha frappacino with extra sauce and whipped cream…

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[/quote]

What’s wrong with coffee? I drink that shit all day. Starbucks isn’t my favorite, but coffee won’t make you fat unless you load it up with a bunch of bullshit. [/quote]

I thought the same when i read this… just because you are in a coffee shop doesn’t mean u r drinking a double choco mocha frappacino with extra sauce and whipped cream…[/quote]

Im pretty sure the poster was referring to the high calorie drinks there.

I’m going to keep posting to this thread when I think of more examples. Maybe I should have titled it “Examples of Hypocrisy”

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[/quote]

I thought the same when i read this… just because you are in a coffee shop doesn’t mean u r drinking a double choco mocha frappacino with extra sauce and whipped cream…[/quote]

But “getting a coffee at starbucks” is pretty much a heavily sweetened mocha or cappucino variant. A little coffee, a lot of dairy, a lot of sugar. Maybe one of every 15 customers actually orders coffee. Maybe.

I’m not sure “hypocrisy” is 100% the right word–it might be in some cases–but I think it also comes down to poor risk assessment, willful blindness, and the inability to assess relative causation. Many, many people are guilt of these sins, my self included.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[/quote]

But “getting a coffee at starbucks” is pretty much a heavily sweetened mocha or cappucino variant. A little coffee, a lot of dairy, a lot of sugar. Maybe one of every 15 customers actually orders coffee. Maybe.[/quote]

Hmm. I didn’t know this. I always get black coffee or an Americano with no cream or sugar, except sometimes post workout I might spring for a mocha.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
I’m not sure “hypocrisy” is 100% the right word–it might be in some cases–but I think it also comes down to poor risk assessment, willful blindness, and the inability to assess relative causation. Many, many people are guilt of these sins, my self included. [/quote]

We are only Human after all.

2 kinds of people that bitch about people not drinking black coffee, hipsters & old people.