Oils Get Me Sick

Ok today I was looking for something to eat at my friends house and couldn’t find much. I ended up drinking a glass of walnut oil. Now I feel really sick. This happened when I tried drinking coconut milk one time too. Does this happen to other people too or are you just not supposed to be drinking oil lol.

How much oil exactly?

I drink mouthfuls of olive oil sometimes and it dosent make me sick.

At different times I drink Olive, Flax and Fish oils off the spoon. Never had any probs.

Drinking a whole glass of any type of oil can make you sick.

If you decide to supplement your caloric intake using oils, I suggest just taking a couple of tablespoons or so at a time.

[quote]steinnes wrote:

If you decide to supplement your caloric intake using oils, I suggest just taking a couple of tablespoons or so at a time.[/quote]

Agreed. If I remember correctly, it’s got something to do with throwing the pH balance in the body all out of whack if you consume too much oil at one time, especially with nothing else. A pH imbalance can make you feel awful.

Moderation, my friend, moderation.

Hmm interesting, that makes sense. Thanks guys.

[quote]TVG wrote:
Hmm interesting, that makes sense. Thanks guys. [/quote]

exactly how much did you drink? lol

lots of oil can also give you anal leakage…

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
exactly how much did you drink? lol[/quote]

I drank 2 small glasses full haha.

No wonder you felt sick. You probably injested around 2000 calories worth of fat. Has anyone seen the barfarama from Stand By Me? The fat dude drinks a bottle of castor oil beforehand. Funny stuff.

[quote]CC wrote:
steinnes wrote:

If you decide to supplement your caloric intake using oils, I suggest just taking a couple of tablespoons or so at a time.

Agreed. If I remember correctly, it’s got something to do with throwing the pH balance in the body all out of whack if you consume too much oil at one time, especially with nothing else. A pH imbalance can make you feel awful.

[/quote]

oil is neutral on the ph scale. at least how your body handles it

[quote]consumer wrote:
lots of oil can also give you anal leakage…[/quote]

Which is why I never just drink ANY oil of ANY type. Good God man, you must have squirted shit for hours.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
CC wrote:
steinnes wrote:

oil is neutral on the ph scale. at least how your body handles it[/quote]

Perhaps in small amounts. But I can assure you a large amount of fat in any form at one time will affect the pH balance in the body. If I can find a scholarly link to provide I will. But you can probably find it in just any ol’ physiology textbook (I’ve got several lying around, but I’m not about to go and waste time scanning them).

Holy shit, I just imagined this guy there in the kitchen looking for something to eat, seeing walnut oil in the cupboard and a lightbulb going on in his head. DING!! “The people on T-Nation say that oils are good, and if I’m bulking, lots of calories are good too” glug glug glug glug “Gee, 3000 calories and I don’t even feel full! Wait til I tell everybody the new way to get massive amounts of calories easily! I’m a fuckin genius!!!

the ester when bound to glycerol, yes is “neutral” in that it does not act like an acid or base.

However, they don’t call the hydrolyzed “fatty acids”, for nothing.

The nausea was because your liver was working overtime to process the oil.

[quote]edvizard wrote:
The nausea was because your liver was working overtime to process the oil.[/quote]

interesting

[quote]consumer wrote:
the ester when bound to glycerol, yes is “neutral” in that it does not act like an acid or base.

However, they don’t call the hydrolyzed “fatty acids”, for nothing.[/quote]

huh?