Oil: Olive, Canola, Vegetable?

I’ll third or fifth or whatever coconut for Sat and Olive for Mono. You get more than enough Poly, so unless you NEED to use it for some specific reason (Like deep frying chicken) then don’t use it. As far as how to take olive oil? I’m assuming people eat salad? There is this dressing called oil and vinegar, you could do it that way (just add olive oil and vinegar to your salad).

V

^When you’re looking for extra calories, you can pour olive oil into just about anything. I bring a bottle when I go backpacking for extra fat and calories and pour it into every dish I eat.

Extra light olive oil. You won’t even know it’s there if you consume your shake quickly after blending before it separates out of solution.

Coconut oil/milk add creaminess and nice flavor, so I use both of them as well.

I use high-quality butter for cooking. Olive oil for not-cooked foods.

i love olive oil in casein, but for some reason it tastes horrible in whey.

i personally like the taste of evoo+casein even more than fast food!

wat does everyone think of rice bran oil- has a high amount of vit E???

[quote]captain slow wrote:
wat does everyone think of rice bran oil- has a high amount of vit E???[/quote]
It is rancid to some degree, and has a high potential to become extremely rancid.

I personally like the idea of using oil to cook. I know I know, call me crazy.

FYI, if you see the container labeled “vegetable oil”, it’s almost universally soybean oil.

Of the list you provided, olive is the best, followed by canola and absolutely last would be vegetable oil. Try to stay away from processed oils. If it says “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” skip over it.

[quote]0mar wrote:
Of the list you provided, olive is the best, followed by canola and absolutely last would be vegetable oil. Try to stay away from processed oils. If it says “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” skip over it.[/quote]

I would like to add that for olive oil, try to look for labels that says “cold pressed”.

I will have to vote for a high quality butter for cooking purposes but a close second is going to be the site favorite of coconut oil.

[quote]debraD wrote:
^When you’re looking for extra calories, you can pour olive oil into just about anything. I bring a bottle when I go backpacking for extra fat and calories and pour it into every dish I eat.[/quote]

I’d love to follow Debra around with a video camera recording the reactions of other women around her. I can imagine the women in her work caffeteria slack jawed with their LeanCusine watching Debra pour olive oil all over everything for a few extra calories. What a mind fuck it must be for them.