Oil In Smoothies?

I have been thinking about adding a little bit of hazelnut oil to my breakfast smoothies.

How much can a person add to their smoothies before they give themselves full-on explosive diarrhea?

I like penzoil 10w30 or redline 10w30.
Keeps me going in cold temps.

:stuck_out_tongue:

well, it depends on your goals, but a tablespoon of oil will give you 14 grams of fat. that’s the most i would want to put in. you probably wouldn’t have to worry about explosive diarrhea…

wear some ‘depends’ the first time you try it, or stay close to the bathroom, then go from there.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
I have been thinking about adding a little bit of hazelnut oil to my breakfast smoothies.

How much can a person add to their smoothies before they give themselves full-on explosive diarrhea?[/quote]

depends on how you handle fat in the morning. though over time if you keep doing it you will be able to handle more. i used to get the fat shits if had as little as 3 fish oil caps, now i can down my 2 scoops of MD with greens+, a heaping tablespoon of flax meal, 5 fish oil pills and 2 pieces of fruit with narry a problem.

what i would consider is how much fat you want to take in with that meal and if can handle this amount. adding solid food helps somewhat.

Are you really drining “smoothies”?? Most sane non-gay people call them protein shakes, even when they add stuff to them.

Also- adding in fat is not necessary in the morning. You’d be better off to get that extra healthy fat later in the day/evening and stick to Protein/Carb only for the morning.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Are you really drining “smoothies”?? Most sane non-gay people call them protein shakes, even when they add stuff to them.

[quote]

SHAKES are made with ice cream.

Your shake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like
It’s better than mine,
Damn right it’s better than mine,
You can teach me,
But you have to charge!!